S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2: Heart of Chernobyl

I feel like calling cap on "well they have been developing in a warzone" (because since they dev team moved to Czech Republic early in the war, that hasn't actually been true)...
But since it's probably mostly disappointment talking, I will try not to be a bitch and just say I hope it's worth the wait.

I feel like calling cap on "well they have been developing in a warzone" (because since they dev team moved to Czech Republic early in the war, that hasn't actually been true)...
But since it's probably mostly disappointment talking, I will try not to be a bitch and just say I hope it's worth the wait.
lol even if they moved out of Ukraine earlier in the war, moving an entire development studio (and staff, assuming it isn't a 100% work from home situation) is a huge clusterfuck that puts almost everything on hold for a while

lol even if they moved out of Ukraine earlier in the war, moving an entire development studio (and staff, assuming it isn't a 100% work from home situation) is a huge clusterfuck that puts almost everything on hold for a while

And some of the developers died fighting in the war. There was a video posted here where this guy was more or less working in some tiny closet on the floor with a laptop. Not exactly the most efficient way to work.

But console owners are missing out on the best stalker experience currently available which is the anomaly gamma mod

a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Legends of the Zone Trilogy was released today for Xbox, bringing all 3 games to Xbox for the first time...the trilogy bundle is also on sale on Steam for $9.99 (until March 11th)...2007's Shadow of Chernobyl, 2008's Clear Sky, and 2009's Call of Pripyat

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/35983/
Does PC get the controller support?

Does PC get the controller support?

I don't think any changes were made to the PC versions...but the Xbox article did say that "later this year, the team will release a patch for Xbox Series X|S version that will bring additional graphical enhancements and other features"...maybe then the PC version will get patched?

I'm starting to wonder if this is getting the Duke Nukem Forever treatment & I'll see it in 10 years.

I'm starting to wonder if this is getting the Duke Nukem Forever treatment & I'll see it in 10 years.
Comes out September 5, and it's already been in development hell for 14 years, which is how long DNF was in the same situation. It was first revealed in 2010 with a 2012 release date. DNF was first revealed in 1997 and came out in 2011.

Comes out September 5, and it's already been in development hell for 14 years, which is how long DNF was in the same situation. It was first revealed in 2010 with a 2012 release date. DNF was first revealed in 1997 and came out in 2011.
I do hope it actually arrives in top condition. Since its been brewing that long, I have doubts...

I more or less expect this to be at least somewhat buggy. As for the development it started in 2018. The original STALKER 2 game was cancelled years ago.

I more or less expect this to be at least somewhat buggy. As for the development it started in 2018. The original STALKER 2 game was cancelled years ago.
Yeah, what these guys have been through… a pandemic and then, immediately thereafter, an invasion of their country… just makes your heart go out to them.

That said, a friend of mine went through a terrible divorce a few years ago, and I asked him how he was able to concentrate at work, and he said that work was actually the one place where he wasn’t suffering as much, because his mind was on work. So maybe this project has been a good thing for these guys.

Yeah, what these guys have been through… a pandemic and then, immediately thereafter, an invasion of their country… just makes your heart go out to them.

That said, a friend of mine went through a terrible divorce a few years ago, and I asked him how he was able to concentrate at work, and he said that work was actually the one place where he wasn’t suffering as much, because his mind was on work. So maybe this project has been a good thing for these guys.
Nothing like a fictional world to escape into when real life sucks.

Back