Ryzen gaming laptop with 2080?

Tengis

Supreme [H]ardness
A friend of mine is looking at buying a desktop but it seems like a laptop might be a better buy for him because of the mobility... but gaming laptops on whatever site (Dell, etc) are still dominated by Intel.

Personal experience is what ever is in $1200 range will be obsolete in regards to next gen[3 plus years]. I would reccomend something with thunderbolt and external gpus if looking for a top tier machine like that. That being said I have only seen a 2060 rtx as top gpu in amd linups so far, and nothing with external gpu support.

Sager, but they're more like slim desktops with a keyboard+monitor attached, and looks like 2070 super is the best they have for their amd laptops.

Sager, but they're more like slim desktops with a keyboard+monitor attached, and looks like 2070 super is the best they have for their amd laptops.

After having quite a few Sagers/Clevos over the years I'd more describe them as a the Kirkland equivalent of a laptop. Same performance as the fancier brands, but they're definitely not going to win any design awards. They're thicker, heavier and clunkier. That said, if all you care about is price/performance, Sager/Clevos are hard to beat.

As for laptop vs desktop, I'd highly recommend OP only go for a laptop if mobility is an absolute necessity, and you're willing to schlep around a heavy 15" machine. With a desktop, you'll pay 40-50% less for the same performance.

Reactions: Nobu
like this
I am sorry but I searched and found out that there are Ryzen gaming laptops with those GPUs.
If you want a GPU on an AMD laptop then you will have to use AMD GPU.

You can't skip the circle without making one for yourself from custom parts.
I wouldn't be able to help you except by directing you to Panasonic.
Panasonic makes upgradeable laptops. You can swipe in or out the parts and the build quality is military-grade too.
But you would have to pay shipping charges if I am not wrong.
The rest is up to you.

I think when it comes to gaming pc then ryzen processor is best but when you want a pc for work then you can go with intel. It is my experience. If you want to buy a gaming pc then Asus Tuf gaming is best for you. You don't need a desktop, you can buy extra accessories for the laptops like a cooler pad.

Back