Ryzen 9 7950x CPU + 32gb DDR5-6000 $571 @ Microcenter

Burticus

Supreme [H]ardness
Microcenter is at it again with a free DDR5 kit with Ryzen purchase, this time on the 7950x. You'll still need a motherboard, but Newegg sells the CPU alone for $572.

https://www.microcenter.com/product...x5-32gb-ddr5-6000-dual-channel,-cpu-ram-combo

I see an Asrock B650 PG Lightning ATX for $185, plus it $20 off when bundled, brings it down to $165 for a total of $736. There is an Asus one for $199 for Asrock haters. You'll still need a CPU cooler... I have doubts that my push/pull Hyper 212 turbo super dooper black edition would cut it....

Last edited:
Microcenter is at it again with a free DDR5 kit with Ryzen purchase, this time on the 7950x. You'll still need a motherboard, but Newegg sells the CPU alone for $572.

https://www.microcenter.com/product...x5-32gb-ddr5-6000-dual-channel,-cpu-ram-combo

I see an Asrock B650 PG Lightning ATX for $185, plus it $20 off when bundled, brings it down to $165 for a total of $736. There is an Asus one for $199 for Asrock haters. You'll still need a CPU cooler... I have doubts that my push/pull Hyper 212 turbo super dooper black edition would cut it....
That's a good deal, the RAM is garbage. Last deal from them I picked up the MB, Processor and RAM... The RAM was DOA. MB was defective. CPU was ok. Maybe not everyone's experience but it's a dog to make the trek to MC for me.

That's a good deal, the RAM is garbage. Last deal from them I picked up the MB, Processor and RAM... The RAM was DOA. MB was defective. CPU was ok. Maybe not everyone's experience but it's a dog to make the trek to MC for me.
Well that sucks. I have used GSkill before, seemed ok. At least its ddr5-6000 this time not the 5200 or whatever from the last round

Well that sucks. I have used GSkill before, seemed ok. At least its ddr5-6000 this time not the 5200 or whatever from the last round
It's CL36. The Brand isn't bad. I probably got the short end of the stick on the experience. Their trident Ram is CL30 at 6000 Mhz.

I wasn't too fond of the whole EXPO memory training experience. I tired two sets of ram and the process hung completely in both instances.

This release of the hardware feels like a Beta test. More like what the original Ryzen launch did on the B350 Board I had for it. Only difference is that My 1st Gen Ryzen worked out of the box, this one didn't work on 2 motherboards with 2 sets of RAM. Processor tested fine, the rest of the hardware was shit.

I'm mulling over heading to Team Blue for the next upgrade. Kinda curious if their next process will finally hit their 7nm process (I think it's called Intel 5) for real (not Intel 7 - 10 nm)

Last edited:
It's CL36. The Brand isn't bad. I probably got the short end of the stick on the experience. Their trident Ram is CL30 at 6000 Mhz.

I wasn't too fond of the whole EXPO memory training experience. I tired two sets of ram and the process hung completely in both instances.

This release of the hardware feels like a Beta test. More like what the original Ryzen launch did on the B350 Board I had for it. Only difference is that My 1st Gen Ryzen worked out of the box, this one didn't work on 2 motherboards with 2 sets of RAM. Processor tested fine, the rest of the hardware was shit.

I'm mulling over heading to Team Blue for the next upgrade. Kinda curious if their next process will finally hit their 7nm process (I think it's called Intel 5) for real (not Intel 7 - 10 nm)
They have a variety of different timings on many of their models actually. It wouldn't be accurate to say that the Trident RAM is CL30 6000. More like, "they have a version of TridentZ 6000 that is CL30". There are CL40, CL36, CL32 and CL30 versions of 6000MT RAM from GSKILL. I think it's because of the different memory modules that they use.
I haven't had any issues so far, and I'm using the FlareX on an INTEL system.

Im using 64gb Ripjaws on AMD X670e. Takes 25 seconds to boot on any XMP. Asrock is terrible on the Bios but other than that its perfectly stable.

The CL30 version of this RAM also qualifies for the deal, it's just always out of stock. (at least at my Microcenter) I've been waiting for it to be available to jump on this deal.

I purchased an AMD mobo/cpu/memory combo from Micro Center and I've had zero problems. Everything's been working fine but I have to reinstall Windows 11 because I used the same NVME boot drive that I was using on my old build. I got lazy. I'll take care of this over the holiday break.

They have a variety of different timings on many of their models actually. It wouldn't be accurate to say that the Trident RAM is CL30 6000. More like, "they have a version of TridentZ 6000 that is CL30". There are CL40, CL36, CL32 and CL30 versions of 6000MT RAM from GSKILL. I think it's because of the different memory modules that they use.
Honestly... Add something to the conversation instead of nitpicking individual posts. I suspect most people understood what I was saying without having to spell it out. This is a forum of nerds after all.

Very good deal but not many people have access to MC stores nearby :(

Honestly... Add something to the conversation instead of nitpicking individual posts. I suspect most people understood what I was saying without having to spell it out. This is a forum of nerds after all.
I'm not sure why you got butthurt so fast. I did add to the conversation with useful information for people.

Got the 7700X and gskill 32gb CL36 ram deal and ASUS X670E-PRO PRIME WIFI board. The board was DOA which according to their reviews page is a 50/50% shot... Went back got a Strix with added money and been smooth sailing since. She wouldn't boot my old windows install until I set EXPO I and then updated the BIOS and recreated the config again bam life is good. Few weeks later got a 7950X and just redid the config yet again and no issues kept everything the same! I have no complaints really once you get passed any DOA part(s)! :)

It appears they also have combo deals for:

7900x + 32gb = $439
7700x + 32gb = $344
7600x + 16gb = $248

(and all include a $20 mobo bundle discount too)

I guess I would probably go for the 7900x if I was in the market. I'm tempted to upgrade but I don't really need to, I think I just upgraded to 5700x earlier this year.

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/bundle-and-save.aspx

Back