Ryzen 5 5600X At Microcenter $299

mothman

Supreme [H]ardness
After a scattered few of the Ryzen 5 5600x and 5800X over the past few weeks Microcenter now seems to have regular stock (25 or more) of the 5600X for $299 and a scattered few of the 5800X for $450. I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet

After a scattered few of the Ryzen 5 5600x and 5800X over the past few weeks Microcenter now seems to have regular stock (25 or more) of the 5600X for $299 and a scattered few of the 5800X for $450. I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet

Because its not that hot of a deal. Youre most likely posting something you see from your local MC, this does not mean every MC in the country has the same stock. They get stock randomly. Its not posted because stock is sporadic and random and not everyone has a MC near them.

In addition, the stock that you are so excited about will be gone within the first hour of the day if MC is in a busy area. So you would literally need to drive there and wait in line to possibly get one. And you wonder why people dont post MC deals?

One trip I made to MC, the website showed 25+ for 5600X and when I got there they were already sold out. The employee said they had a line and were sold out within the first hour. Another trip I made to MC, I was wait listed outside with another 100-200 people just waiting to get into the store. I got a 5600X that day but I worked for it. And they sold out close to after I got one.

You really shouldnt post MC deals because it depends on which state and MC youre referring to and very YMMV. I didnt see any mention in title on which MC. You cant make generalized statements when it comes to MC stock because it is not at all true.

Dallas MC (which is pretty busy) has had 25+ 5600x in stock the past few days (since Tuesday I think) - maybe it is regular as the OP mentioned? We'll see. When I got mine a month ago, they had 50+ late in the day. It seems like they get very large 5600x shipments and they do seem to hold in stock for a bit. Still waiting for a god damned 5950x though.

St Louis Microcenter has shown 25+ 5600x's for a week or more now. Overland Park Microcenter has now been showing the same for a couple of days. I only mention these two because they are the two within driving distance for me.

I bought one a few weeks ago under the circumstances you describe and I watch regularly. I checked stock of most stores in the country and almost all of them have had 25+ in stock consistently. I did my homework before posting. For your info I'm talking about the MC's in Rockville, Parkville, MD and Fairfax,Va. May I ask if you have been able to buy one ? It's a Hot Deal when you can't buy these anywhere Jack. I just checked again and EVERY Microcenter in the country shows 25+ in stock. I would suggest you do your research before criticizing me.
Because its not that hot of a deal. Youre most likely posting something you see from your local MC, this does not mean every MC in the country has the same stock. They get stock randomly. Its not posted because stock is sporadic and random and not everyone has a MC near them.

In addition, the stock that you are so excited about will be gone within the first hour of the day if MC is in a busy area. So you would literally need to drive there and wait in line to possibly get one. And you wonder why people dont post MC deals?

One trip I made to MC, the website showed 25+ for 5600X and when I got there they were already sold out. The employee said they had a line and were sold out within the first hour. Another trip I made to MC, I was wait listed outside with another 100-200 people just waiting to get into the store. I got a 5600X that day but I worked for it. And they sold out close to after I got one.

You really shouldnt post MC deals because it depends on which state and MC youre referring to and very YMMV. I didnt see any mention in title on which MC. You cant make generalized statements when it comes to MC stock because it is not at all true.

Last edited:
I bought one a few weeks ago under the circumstances you describe and I watch regularly. I checked stock of most stores in the country and almost all of them have had 25+ in stock consistently. I did my homework before posting. For your info I'm talking about the MC's in Rockville, Parkville, MD and Fairfax,Va. May I ask if you have been able to buy one ? It's a Hot Deal when you can't buy these anywhere Jack. I just checked again and EVERY Microcenter in the country shows 25+ in stock. I would suggest you do your research before criticizing me.

Fair enough, but my point is valid... The site also doesnt necessarily update stock correctly all the time either so... Maybe they did a nationwide refresh on the website even though they may not have that stock showing. I also dont belive that every single MC location in the country had a delivery of the exact same products at the exact same time, kinda not believable.

I drove to microcenter twice to pick up ONE 5600X and they are an hour away. So I spent 4 hours of drive time to get one Ryzen 5600X. The website showed 25+ instock and when I got there 1 hour after they opened, the guy said they were gone and sold out within the first hour. Typical the definition of a "hot deal" is a better than normal price on something that everyone has access to. Some forums actually dont allow you to post hot deals for items that everyone cant get it. Since microcenter is in-store only and sell out of stuff super fast, dont always update stock on the site, this "hot deal" is not available to everyone. Just sayin. Not trying to be difficult.

This is the first time I've seen the 5600x listed in any quantity on the site for the Dallas store. I check every few days.

I think were at the point where things are normalizing now and most people who wanted a 5600X got them and there is actually stock that isnt being instantly picked off. I can definitely say 5600X's used to sell for $400 easy online/locally and now sales are harder for sure. I had to sell 4 5600X's for $350 just so I could get rid of them.

I also think that this cpu is a sweet spot for AMD and they are pumping these out more than the others, so thats also part of it.

I definitely had a hard time getting rid of my Ryzen 3700X to install the 5600X. The 3700X was faster in everything multi-threaded, production, synthetic benchmarks etc. But the 5600X is definitely faster in gaming and that is pretty much what I use it for atm.

Michigan MC has 25+ in stock today, and the same amount were there less than a week ago. These things seem to be regularly in stock now at least at the Michigan store.

I wish I lived close enough in MI to check the store, lol.

Aww, you poor thing, you couldn’t scalp them at a ridiculously high price? My heart bleeds for you. Really, it does. (eye roll)
That said, thankfully I received my 5800x already, without overpaying through a scalper.

Yeah, I mean, supply and demand man. I mean this was a couple 2-3 weeks ago so they were still selling for $400ish. So really I helped quite a few people out for reasonable prices. Some people still trying to get $400-450 for them which is pretty bad. I also drove 4 hours to microcenter for 2 of them so... At $350 thats literally $24 profit and thats before gas and time so... I would describe that as my cost.

Maybe I can get a friend in Ohio to grab me one

Both my local microcenters in MD have 25+ 5600xs on their website, something they haven't had enough stock to do for the last three months.

This kind of availability is exactly what we saw on Zen 2 launch WEEKK (only 3600), so expect it o be another three months before the rest of the models are widely-available!

I kinda wished I lived in the USA to get hardware deals like these. Canada is ok. Sometimes prices are the same on holidays

Yeah no locations nearby me either. Weather is ok, but not my back for a long drive

Mine are both an hour drive way from me, but since they normally let you reserve parts online (for example: you can now reserve the 5600, but no other Zen 3 parts), I don't have to make the drive unless I'm buying!

That's how I grabbed the last stock of closeout 4790k at my MC in early 2017 (still using it today, and looking to upgrade sometime next year to closeout Zen 3 8 core)

Yes they are actually in stock and MC here in Madison Heights Mi, does a very good job on stock reporting. I check the other day when Red Devil 6800, Reference 6800XT and 6900XT dropped. 2 hours later gone. Same with the rather large drop of 3080's they had. It was I think like 10 or more(multiple brands) and gone with in couple of hours.
If they really wanted to get these cards in Gamers hands, they would drop more product at Brick and Mortar stores like BB and MC. As by how fast they go at MC, people will get off the internet and go by at the store.
I definitely believe 25+ on the 5600. Has been a while. Was thinking of downgrading to a 5600 for gaming from my 3900 since I really don't have a reason for 12 cores as I thought I once did.

Mine are both an hour drive way from me, but since they normally let you reserve parts online (for example: you can now reserve the 5600, but no other Zen 3 parts), I don't have to make the drive unless I'm buying!

That's how I grabbed the last stock of closeout 4790k at my MC in early 2017 (still using it today, and looking to upgrade sometime next year to closeout Zen 3 8 core)
I just bought the 3600 and should do the same (wait). I really wanted the 5600x, but I guess I can wait and buy it at a later time and sell the 3600 on eBay.
I have preorder in for $305, but who knows when it will be in stock.

Yes they are actually in stock and MC here in Madison Heights Mi, does a very good job on stock reporting. I check the other day when Red Devil 6800, Reference 6800XT and 6900XT dropped. 2 hours later gone. Same with the rather large drop of 3080's they had. It was I think like 10 or more(multiple brands) and gone with in couple of hours.
If they really wanted to get these cards in Gamers hands, they would drop more product at Brick and Mortar stores like BB and MC. As by how fast they go at MC, people will get off the internet and go by at the store.
I definitely believe 25+ on the 5600. Has been a while. Was thinking of downgrading to a 5600 for gaming from my 3900 since I really don't have a reason for 12 cores as I thought I once did.
Yeah, I wanted a 3800x for the longest time as my next uprade. But seeing just how good the 5600x is for gaming, I think it's a decent upgrade for me from my ancient 4960x.

Anyone else in the boat where I don't really feel like upgrading CPU until i can upgrade GPU (ie waiting to get an ampere or big navi before getting new ryzen)?

Anyone else in the boat where I don't really feel like upgrading CPU until i can upgrade GPU (ie waiting to get an ampere or big navi before getting new ryzen)?
AS long as you can get by with what you have...

Im doing a from scratch build, and upgrading a Dell both right now.
So I would different feelings about upgrading priority on each

Both my local microcenters in MD have 25+ 5600xs on their website, something they haven't had enough stock to do for the last three months.

This kind of availability is exactly what we saw on Zen 2 launch WEEKK (only 3600), so expect it o be another three months before the rest of the models are widely-available!
Eh idk. They been showing 25+ for nearly 2 weeks now. I haven't been down to MC recently to actually check if they do have stock.

It doesn't let me reserve any high ticket items yet online.

Back