Ryzen 5 5500 $60 on Amazon

Zepher

[H]ipster Replacement
Amazon has this decently fast CPU for only $60. I bought one earlier this year and it's pretty impressive for the price.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09VCJ171S
1681423029347.png

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The 5500 was panned anyway for being a repurposed Cezanne APU

The 5500 was panned anyway for being a repurposed Cezanne APU
it surely is but it's still plenty fast, and still have typical performance jump from zen2 to zen3
2 weeks ago I just replaced my friend's 1600x and he is quite satisfied with the performance upgrade

Now up to $98.00, and apparently, the seller is listed as the actual AMD Store on that page, not Shangxiwansamaoyiyouxiangongsi...

Now up to $98.00, and apparently, the seller is listed as the actual AMD Store on that page, not Shangxiwansamaoyiyouxiangongsi...
at that price, I will save a bit and then go for 5600.
that cache different translate to higher performance while using the high-end gpus.

i placed the order late yesterday and a few hours later, amazon cancelled the order with the message that the vendor is no longer an amazon vendor.
good thing i waited before buying a motherboard.

i placed the order late yesterday and a few hours later, amazon cancelled the order with the message that the vendor is no longer an amazon vendor.
good thing i waited before buying a motherboard.
You really thought Shangxiwansamaoyiyouxiangongsi was a real vendor and you might actually get it? :ROFLMAO: :)

My Bad, I didn't even notice the price was from one of those fly by night accounts.

I did get a decent price on the one I ordered in January. When I first placed the order it had a mid January delivery date, about 2 weeks.
A couple of days later they said the item was arriving about 1 week earlier. When that day came and it didn't arrive, the status was changed to delayed or something.
I was kind of annoyed since I was planning on putting that CPU in one machine and moving the 5600G to another.
I ended up calling Amazon Business customer support for some other issue and after that issue was resolved they asked if I had another issue.
I mentioned the CPU order and how the delivery dates kept changing and if I could get any compensation. He put me on a brief hold to check the order.
The rep comes back and asks if $30 is acceptable for the inconvenience, I was like, ya, that sounds very acceptable. I was expecting maybe a free month of Prime or a $5 or $10 credit.

I went ahead and cancelled the first order and ordered another one so that I could use the courtesy credit on it, and this one arrived sooner than the original one would have, lol.
AMD Ryzen 5500 Amazon Order.jpg

The 4500 is $80 and the 4600g is $108. Depending on the application, Renoir is not too far away from Cezanne and they overclock well.

Asrock recently added support for these cpus on their b350 boards.

I have Gigabyte B350 with x370chipset under my bed collecting dust, 3200Mhz memory sticks / unused WD 240Gb SSD, that would be a interesting cpu for $60.

Back