Ryzen 3900x fails prime 95 with stock settings

I got a 3900XT and x570 Aorus Master last weekend, and ran into similar issues with my Corsair 2133 (Vengeance RGB PRO XMP3200 4x16GB). Running the XMP profile would result in random reboots and blue screens - didn't matter if the if the system was under heavy load or not.

I manually set the timings and frequency to the XMP SPD recommended @ 1.35V, and it's been rock solid so far. I did notice that if I had the XMP profile enabled, it was mismatching the proper tRC settings.

Just to update, it ran well for about half a day after I mentioned the above, and then started hard rebooting with the manual XMP settings - tried up to 1.4V as well. It runs perfect on 2133 non-xmp. Ordered some G.Skill 3600 sticks and going to ditch Corsair based on the discussion here.

Just to update, it ran well for about half a day after I mentioned the above, and then started hard rebooting with the manual XMP settings - tried up to 1.4V as well. It runs perfect on 2133 non-xmp. Ordered some G.Skill 3600 sticks and going to ditch Corsair based on the discussion here.
It's hard to go worng with them I have some that runs 3730 or what ever one tick under 1900 comes out to at cl14 on my tr

is this true?...Ryzen CPU's are known to have issues with Corsair memory?
ASUS basically told me this very thing for my 3900x system, the XMP profiles don't work correctly for their chips something to do with their voltages, I was told to manually enter them to stabilise the system.

I'm using a Quadro p400.
Just updated bios to v1.1. Bios picks up ram as ddr4-2133 on "auto". I manually set to ddr4-3200. XMP profile not enabled.
Windows randomly crashes when ram set manually to 3200mhz. Just opening win10 start menu crashed windows 10. A brief BSOD error message mentions it's a memory error.
I put ram back at auto ddr4-2133. Previous successful prime95 test done at auto ram settings of ddr4-2133.
I am currently running Windows Memory Diagnostic, mdsched.

I have a feeling this ram is crap. Corsair should really stop investing resources in gaming chairs and put it back in memory, what they used to be known for :eek:
I am really hoping the CPU does not have a bad memory controller.
Its their XMP profiles that is wrong in the BIOS, Corsair Ram tends to need a bit of extra voltage.

It's not the ram exactly as it's Corsair and the BS moves they do with respect to the integrity of the ICs used. They have a bad habit of switching to cheap ass ICs later in the product cycle, this then creates problems for users expecting a certain IC or quality. Basically avoid their shit like the plague.
I've been using G.Skill for my last few Intel builds and I am planning on using them again for my upcoming Zen 2 or Zen 3 build...never had any issues with them

G.Skill will "usually" change the model number when they change the ICCs to something else. Corsair changes the version number of the same model. With G.Skill you can usually look up to see what model has which ICCs where it's somewhat harder to track down what ICCs are in certain versions of Corsair memory. This is nothing new with them. I remember the same problem back with the old BH5 DDR400 memory which was the first time I remember hearing about Corsair's "version" shenanigans. You'd buy a certain model expecting a certain ICC only to find out it was switched in a different "Version."

I expected more from corsair.
you can still get good corsair memory but you've got to pay for it, like their dominator line for overclocking. i wouldn't mess with vengeance especially LPX for overclocking. i learned my lesson with that on one build i did got some vengeance which ran fine at XMP speeds but the sub timings were sh*t and i couldn't get anything more out of them.

here lately i've had really good luck Crucial/Ballistix (micron). in my personal Ryzen rig i have a 32GB 3200 set that uses micron E-die that's been rock solid at 3666 for a couple of years now. and been happy with their ssd's too

just noticed you already grabbed some ballistix. cool. but like i said corsair's good if you get their top of the line, but it's just too overpriced these days. pretty much, just paying for the name

My guess is ram or bunk power ICs or quite possibly a bunk PSU
Edit
Nevermind I read your solution....glad its stable

you can still get good corsair memory but you've got to pay for it, like their dominator line for overclocking. i wouldn't mess with vengeance especially LPX for overclocking. i learned my lesson with that on one build i did got some vengeance which ran fine at XMP speeds but the sub timings were sh*t and i couldn't get anything more out of them.

here lately i've had really good luck Crucial/Ballistix (micron). in my personal Ryzen rig i have a 32GB 3200 set that uses micron E-die that's been rock solid at 3666 for a couple of years now. and been happy with their ssd's too

just noticed you already grabbed some ballistix. cool. but like i said corsair's good if you get their top of the line, but it's just too overpriced these days. pretty much, just paying for the name
d3athf1sh +1 to what you said. I've had to RMA corsair memory twice now, so on my last build I went with Micron/Ballistics. Yes, I also had to RMA that because my system would crash in different ways. But once i did that RMA my rig (Win 10, ASUS ROG X570 StrixE) has been completely solid.

Back