RX 6600 INCOMING

crazycrave

[H]ard|Gawd
With the current drop in prices and AMD offering a free game, I thought it was a good time ( I jumped ) to repalace the RX 570 8Gb that I sold to a facebook miner for $300 back in Nov and as newegg has the Sapphire Pulse for $279 new with free shipping and Steve's review of it mopping the floor with the RTX 3050, so maybe it's a good buy!

Anyone know which game comes with the card?

Thanks for the link, so I get two games which knocks that price down alot and just about like when I payed $149 for my RX 570 and I still have those games. also still have Sniper Elite 3 which I think came with my 290x back around 2015 .

Thanks for the link, so I get two games which knocks that price down alot and just about like when I payed $149 for my RX 570 and I still have those games. also still have Sniper Elite 3 which I think came with my 290x back around 2015 .

I'm pretty sure that I got Sniper Elite 4 through an AMD promo also. I had a lot of fun with that series. Never played Saints Row.

Shoot, I still have the first Tomb Rider that came free with something and it still works, may see what the RTX 3070 looks like on it.

Does anyone know why Re Live is recording so slow? I been away to long from the AMD driver.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm looking to repurpose the MSI RX 580 in my home system, with a 6600 or 6600XT. This may be best bang / buck in terms of performance boost that I've had in a while, and it has been four years since I built the home system.

I'm still contemplating spending the extra 50 bucks for the XT, but I'm simply not too sure about how much better it will be.

Yeah, I'm looking to repurpose the MSI RX 580 in my home system, with a 6600 or 6600XT. This may be best bang / buck in terms of performance boost that I've had in a while, and it has been four years since I built the home system.

I'm still contemplating spending the extra 50 bucks for the XT, but I'm simply not too sure about how much better it will be.

One of the things I like about the 6600 (non XT) is that it is a very cool running card.

I usually don't play current games, so it was a nice upgrade from a GTX 980- which was basically a space heater..

I have the 6600 XT, and with the Radeon Profile software, I set my own fan curves. What's interesting is that the card is very cool running (max hit was 81C) even when playing a game at 4k; the fans never reach full speed.
I should note that I use the "silent mode bios" switch. The "gaming mode bios" is definitely louder.

I had forgot to download the MSI software for my case fans and cpu cooler for auto tune after new windows install, also I have dropped back to 22.5.1, it's close to my RX 5700 in Fire Strike, but 40 watts less board power, some of these are selling new for $259.99 with the free games now.

This was FS on 22.5.1 driver https://www.3dmark.com/fs/28177371

Last edited:
I have 4 6600xt in an open air case that are mining ethereum. you cannot feel any heat coming off their heatsinks. drawing 45 watts, 50% fan speed pretty incredible. I threw one in an old i5-7500 system and started playing Apex on max settings, was getting 120fps in arenas at 2560x1440p though battle royale mode dropped fps to 65ish

Seems like my Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 Lite has been power locked at 100watt default by bios and driver, after a little talk with some folks in the Hardware Unboxed replies about the RX6600 being a 140watt card, I had to rise the power limit in the driver + 20 and raised the lower game clock to within 100Mhz of boost clock, so now I get 120watt max and gpu stays closer to boost clock, even scored better.

120watt limit
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/78550282?

Old 100watt limit

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/28177371

I think Re Live is better now, as what fixed it was the Windows 10 recorder was set to 30fps by default and why the shutters.

I installed Windows 11 and first look at PA 120 SE

Last edited:
Back