Rumor Meteor Lake might be canceled

Doesn't surprise me. They have been having a lot of issues getting off current die size.

Would a raptor lake refresh mean they keep the same socket compatibility as raptor lake and alder lake?

They still haven’t fully dug out of the hole from skylake / 14nm. This will take a bit…

Would a raptor lake refresh mean they keep the same socket compatibility as raptor lake and alder lake?

You know Intel as well as the rest of us. There will be an artificial "requirement" for a new chipset so Intel can sell more chipsets to motherboard manufacturers. You get your two gens and then they switch sockets.

OT...Yes, I'm still bitter about how the 8th gen CPUs didn't work on Z270 motherboards even though 1). In Intel's driver update software the "Z370" was identified as a "Z270"; 2). People like Der8auer showed after taping off all the supposed extra power pins that it ran fine; and 3). People bios modded Z270 to work with 8th gen anyway.

You know Intel as well as the rest of us. There will be an artificial "requirement" for a new chipset so Intel can sell more chipsets to motherboard manufacturers. You get your two gens and then they switch sockets.

OT...Yes, I'm still bitter about how the 8th gen CPUs didn't work on Z270 motherboards even though 1). In Intel's driver update software the "Z370" was identified as a "Z270"; 2). People like Der8auer showed after taping off all the supposed extra power pins that it ran fine; and 3). People bios modded Z270 to work with 8th gen anyway.
I think Intel back then could do that and pull it off. I am hoping now due to the competition with AMD being pretty tight that they will extend Z690/Z790 out for one more release. I mean, why not. Those boards are just as high tech as the AM5 stuff from AMD.

Back