(RUMOR) Konami is set to revive Metal Gear (confirmed), Castlevania (still waiting) and Silent Hill (confirmed)

The PlayStation store page for the MGS collection lists the original Metal Gear games as being included. It also shows that MGS is the Intergrade version, which includes the VR missions. MGS2 and 3 are the HD collections versions.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10007607
1685121324447.png

One has to wonder if the collection(s) will see a release on PC, considering MGS3 and 4 were never released on PC.

MGS4 has only ever been on PS3. Seems like it was a difficult game to port having been designed around the PS3. News articles are floating rumors that there might be a remastered MGS4 in the works. Being that the game is a 15 year old console game, I would rather see a straight up faithful remake. At the same time I would want a remake of MGS1/2 first. I can see why they're doing MGS3, it can serve as a prequel to MGS5 which is the last successfully entry. Although not exactly a new game anymore I am assuming they are trying to ride off of its success. Possibly if their remake is successful they will start remaking them in chronological order. They would also probably want to do Peace Walker as that bridges MGS3/4.

But hard to tell. I again have low hopes.

The PlayStation store page for the MGS collection lists the original Metal Gear games as being included. It also shows that MGS is the Intergrade version, which includes the VR missions. MGS2 and 3 are the HD collections versions.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10007607
View attachment 572808

One has to wonder if the collection(s) will see a release on PC, considering MGS3 and 4 were never released on PC.

1) I think it's safe to assume it will come to PC (hopefully I didn't just jinx it)

2) A second collection probably won't include MGS 4, but Peace Walker and the Portable Ops and Ac!d games

Supposedly the screenshots shown show the games running via apparent emulation, so won't be using the original PC ports of MGS 1 & 2 on PC which would explain why 3 would be coming over, and then all the portable games can be emulated easy now as well so that's why that's probably all of the second collection

Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake Devs On Whether Kojima Is Involved and Why They Picked This Game

There wasn't much hope that Kojima was going to be a part of the project, especially after his breakup with Konami, but it was a question nonetheless...we also asked if Yoji Shinkawa was involved, as he was integral in the art of the Metal Gear Solid series and is now working with Kojima at Kojima Productions

"They are not involved," a Konami spokesperson said. "However, the development team will work hard to create this remake and also the ports (for Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection) so that they can be enjoyed on multiple platforms by even more players all around the world"...

https://www.ign.com/articles/metal-gear-solid-3-remake-delta-kojima-remake

Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake Devs On Whether Kojima Is Involved and Why They Picked This Game

There wasn't much hope that Kojima was going to be a part of the project, especially after his breakup with Konami, but it was a question nonetheless...we also asked if Yoji Shinkawa was involved, as he was integral in the art of the Metal Gear Solid series and is now working with Kojima at Kojima Productions

"They are not involved," a Konami spokesperson said. "However, the development team will work hard to create this remake and also the ports (for Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection) so that they can be enjoyed on multiple platforms by even more players all around the world"...

https://www.ign.com/articles/metal-gear-solid-3-remake-delta-kojima-remake

Japanese businessmen hold grudges like unhappy wives, no one should have assumed otherwise

Konami torched all their properties. Their best game devs. And now is crawling back after Pachinko wasn’t fulfilling enough.

They won’t see a dime of my money. They should just stay out of games and be honorable and live with their decision(s).

If you look up developer Genvid, I think it would be best to ignore whatever this thing is supposed to be.
I thought Bloober Team was making it? Jesus, that didn't last long...

That said I'm a huge SH fan, and the treatment it got from the XBox 360/PS3 gen on made me die inside. From Tomm Hulett's handling of the franchise to this I don't hold out much hope. Silent Hills with Kojima could have been something special, but no...

Bloober is making Silent Hill 2 remake, Genvid is making Silent Hill Ascension.
Ah, thanks for clarifying. I'm good on a remake from a studio I've literally never heard about before watching a YongYea video on it. Or was it Jimquisition? Oh well, doesn't matter.

If you look up developer Genvid, I think it would be best to ignore whatever this thing is supposed to be.

Yeah I was wondering what was up. That looks like a cool enough game I suppose but it definitely didn't look like a Silent Hill game.

And that's the problem. All these western developers try to tackle a Silent Hill game without actually knowing what makes it a Silent Hill game to begin with. Less is more. Nothing is scarier. Yokai based upon the PC's sins are the order of the day. You enter a hell of your own making that the town brings to life around you. How is that so hard? How come I get this better than literally every developer that has tackled the franchise since Team Silent disbanded in 2005?

Yeah I was wondering what was up. That looks like a cool enough game I suppose but it definitely didn't look like a Silent Hill game.
There are 4 different Silent Hill games currently in development:
  1. Silent Hill 2 (remake) - Bloober Team
  2. Silent Hill: Ascension (spinoff) - Genvid
  3. Silent Hill: Townfall (spinoff) - No Code
  4. Silent Hill f (mainline)- Neobards Entertainment

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/meta...tion-vol-1-wont-support-keyboard-mouse-on-pc/

Some people here won't like this, fortunately I already play all my 3rd person/sports/arcade type games with a controller on PC, only use KB&M for FPS and RTS etc
I'm the same way with KB+M. But them not having KB+M on this port is a bad sign that it will be a lazy port. It's giving me flashbacks of GTA San Andreas's port on PC (not the trilogy). This could be very bad. Definately wait for reviews on these games.

e way with KB+M. But them not having KB+M on this port is a bad sign that it will be a lazy port. It's giving me flashbacks of GTA San Andreas's port on PC (not the trilogy). This could be very bad. Definately wait for reviews on these games.

It's just gonna be running in emulation from the 7th gen console versions I think, not an actual port port

MGS 1 & 2 had/have native PC ports, but the collection here is using the HD Collection console versions for 1/2/3 on PC it says in the material

Made a thread for the PC release when the trailer came out:
https://hardforum.com/threads/metal-gear-solid-master-collection-vol-1.2028839/

I think we should keep the rumor mill discussion going in this thread and discuss the confirmed titles in their own threads. We have threads on both the revealed Silent Hill games and now the Metal Gear games. Castlevania is still yet to show anything new.

Back