[Rumor] Intel Arc A770 Early October Launch

A friend gave me an A770 limited edition and it's not bad even the DX11 drivers are coming around decently. The ARC control center needs a functional fan control option as the fan speeds are a bit low and memory temps are in the mid 90's during long gaming sessions🤨. It still has occasional crashes due to drivers most likely. I really haven't experimented with it much as it's doing HTPC duty but for a first serious attempt at discrete GPUs I am quite impressed with it's performance.

I'd like to see what one of these can do in distributed computing projects just for the hell of it.

With the memory temps as high as they are I'd be concerned about trying that until they implement functional fan speed control into ARC control center. When they do I'd be willing to give a project a go and let you know how it goes. Any particular one you'd want tested?

With the memory temps as high as they are I'd be concerned about trying that until they implement functional fan speed control into ARC control center. When they do I'd be willing to give a project a go and let you know how it goes. Any particular one you'd want tested?
The two primary projects I'm interested in are F@H and World Community Grid on BOINC.

It's mostly academic for me since I don't know that my finances would be able to afford any additional hardware anytime soon but I'm sure there are others who are interested as well. I'd really appreciate it if you'd get some numbers, though.

Back