RTX 3070 Microcenter Overland Park KS +25 in stock

Sherloc09

Limp Gawd
Price is gouged, but the fact that they have more than 25 in stock is pretty good. FWIW, they regularly have them in stock, but it's not usually 25 units.

UPDATE
Over the last two weeks, the prices per RTX 3070 has ranged from $599, $649, and $784.99. Depending on what AIB you're buying the price varies drastically.

https://www.microcenter.com/search/...tk=all&sortby=match&N=4294966998&myStore=true

1612276251694.png

Last edited:
I thought Micro Center pretty much stuck close to MSRP?...after the recent tariffs is that what the price of an AIB 3070 is nowadays?

I thought Micro Center pretty much stuck close to MSRP?...after the recent tariffs is that what the price of an AIB 3070 is nowadays?
They def charge a premium when they have something hard to get. But they always have. And not like scalper pricing.

I think it is mostly tariffs and the AiB being dicks rasing the price even more over msrp blaming it all on tariffs. MC has been pretty reasonable with pricing during the entire time. This is something outside their power.

You'll be waiting a lot longer than that for the 3080 to come down that much.
founders is still $699. I think $785 + tax ($55 here) for a 3070 is insane. Rather pay $650 for a 3060ti from the craigslist scalpers.

founders is still $699. I think $785 + tax ($55 here) for a 3070 is insane. Rather pay $650 for a 3060ti from the craigslist scalpers.
MSRP may be $699 but will they sell at that price? I'd say unlikely as the prices will be hiked up for tariffs etc.

MSRP may be $699 but will they sell at that price? I'd say unlikely as the prices will be hiked up for tariffs etc.
I haven't heard anything about nvidia raising prices, just AIBs. Best buy being the only place to get them, they still show original msrp. Guess we will see.

I really wish BB allowed physical sales instead of online-only. Yeah lines would be similarly crazy, but consider the number of Best Buy locations vs Microcenter - certainly would be more fair.
Of course I am lucky that I don't need to buy one right now. I'm well aware of typical $50-$75 markup during early part of release schedule, but COVID is just making this all the more ridiculous.

We need to bring the manufacturing of these back to the US if this is going to be the price--why let us design the product and then let 'others' gouge us on the price to buy it and profit heavily from it? I'd rather it be made in the usa and simply cost this much if that's the way it's going to be.

Updated the OP with my observations on MC pricing for RTX 3070.

Over the last two weeks, the prices per RTX 3070 has ranged from $599, $649, and $784.99. Depending on what AIB you're buying the price varies drastically.

I have been keeping an eye on that Microcenter. It'll be a bit still before I'll be upgrading.

I will be driving up Metcalf here pretty soon for a new monitor though

I was able to walk in to MicroCenter in Denver on Dec 18th and walk out with a TUF RTX 3070 for $549 before taxes, as they had a display case full of cards that day. The other day I went to try and see if they had any 5900x in stock and saw the same card was now retailing for $649. Seeing the prices jump up due to tariffs makes me glad that I bought my card when I did, instead of holding out for an RTX 3080 or RX 6800 XT to come in stock and having to buy it for RTX 3090 money.

Every Microcenter I've checked online has shown 25+ 5600X's in stock for 4 days+ now. Are they ACTUALLY there? (the 3070's, and the 5600x's for that matter)

I stopped into the Chicago Microcenter yesterday after work. They were loading up the cabinets with some fresh 3070 cards. I wasn't that interested so I don't remember brand or price, but they had probably 20 or so. I don't think they were EVGA because I saw a few EVGA cards in another area.
Not sure if they really had 5600X cpus, but the website says they have more than 25.

MC in Parkville MD still showing 25+ of the same model MSI card in stock. Same price also.

Every Microcenter I've checked online has shown 25+ 5600X's in stock for 4 days+ now. Are they ACTUALLY there? (the 3070's, and the 5600x's for that matter)
The 3070s just appeared today but yea it has been showing 25+ 5600x for nearly a week now. I haven't been there recently so can verify it.

Best buy has been having 30xx FE drops still at msrp. MSI seem to be the worst when it comes to price gouging.

I believe it is the Gigabyte Gaming OC version that is $599 at MC. I think the white (Vision) model is $20 more.

Best buy has been having 30xx FE drops still at msrp. MSI seem to be the worst when it comes to price gouging.
They tried it on eBay through their starlight partners subsidiary earlier and it was all over the webs, people have stopped caring now.

The Microcenter in Dallas has a 1050 Ti listed for over 200 bucks. LooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL

I understand that these are a rarity....but paying $800 dollars for a 600 dollar item isn't a Hot Deal.

I guess gaming is addictive and the 'new crack', if people are willing to pay these prices for GPUs in such an uncertain time.
Covid-19 has caused a lot of people to be stuck at home.
It has also caused a lot of people to be that much closer to being unemployed.
You'd think saving those dollars for that possibility would be a concern.
I guess not.

Last edited:
I am surprised as of this morning still 22 of the MSI 3070 in stock and 1 MSI 3090 in stock. I think MSI got too greedy with their pricing that no one want to buy their shit.

I am surprised as of this morning still 22 of the MSI 3070 in stock and 1 MSI 3090 in stock. I think MSI got too greedy with their pricing that no one want to buy their shit.
It's just the nature of this kind of market. Eventually the market for video cards that cost $2k or more is saturated and there won't be people left to keep buying them, especially if they have to walk into a store to do it. Of course the crazy market won't be done until people can order a 3080 (90% of the performance of the 3090) for under $1000 without needing a bot or a shuffle win to do it. I hope we'll be back at that point some time during the summer.

Obligatory 'hope everyone can speak Mandarin' lol. It's the reading that's tougher than speaking honestly.

In all seriousness, BTC is still holding fairly high, so large scale demand is not gonna change. Paypal allowing users on Venmo to buy/hold/sell likely helped this rally in the fall (Q4'20 results were released yesterday).
Price may come back down, once Biden Admin inks a capitulation deal though.

Tariffs ?
Tariffs on Chinese electronics parts started taking effect earlier (I believe it was at the end of December). A lot of companies had exemptions that expired. ASUS did a press release on in in early January and explained it as a reason for their prices increasing.

Tariffs on Chinese electronics parts started taking effect earlier (I believe it was at the end of December). A lot of companies had exemptions that expired. ASUS did a press release on in in early January and explained it as a reason for their prices increasing.
So essentially, American politicians put tariffs on products they cannot ...and do not produce...products which American companies rely on to move their respective industries forward.
I see the 'smarts' continue.
If you want to put tariffs on anything, maybe you should have a competing product in place first?

So essentially, American politicians put tariffs on products they cannot ...and do not produce...products which American companies rely on to move their respective industries forward.
I see the 'smarts' continue.
If you want to put tariffs on anything, maybe you should have a competing product in place first?
Well if you've been paying attention, you would see that this has caused foreign companies to begin sourcing these components from other countries. For example, if Japanese capacitors are 50% more expensive than Chinese ones, but you institute a 50% tariff on Chinese capacitors, now they're equal in cost and some manufacturers might begin sourcing higher quality capacitors from Japan instead of lower quality parts at the same price from China. Or they can just source them from other countries producing equal quality parts that initially cost say, 10% more than the baseline Chinese prices before tariffs.

You can thank the imbecile that was in the White House for the last 4 years for that. Herp derp lets start a trade war and put tarriffs on moar chinese goods! Guess who's paying the price ultimately? US consumers.

You can thank the imbecile that was in the White House for the last 4 years for that. Herp derp lets start a trade war and put tarriffs on moar chinese goods! Guess who's paying the price ultimately? US consumers.
If it makes you feel better, think of it as saving the environment and pushing manufacturing to countries with stronger environmental regulations.

If it makes you feel better, think of it as saving the environment and pushing manufacturing to countries with stronger environmental regulations.
How's that working out for you on a personal level?
Much as some Americans want to believe it doesn't, this World depends on China for manufacturing... much as it depends on Taiwan for chip production.
Taking the stance that is doesn't is an exercise in denial.
Vietnam, Mexico, Singapore combined cannot meet the World's demand or cost per item.
We made our bed when greedy American companies packed it up, fired people and off-shored manufacturing.
It is now way too expensive and quite frankly, we don't have the manufacturing expertise to pull it off and restart wide scale production.
Add tariffs to that equation and you have a nasty mess for consumers....exactly what we have now.
People always seem to want to blame the guys they most want to hate.

Last edited:
please clue me in on kansas city I have not been out there yet
Maybe that Kansas City is (mostly) in Missouri?

I mean, Overland Park is basically a suburb that's in Kansas, so not entirely sure what he's getting at.

Last edited:
Back