RTX 3050: PC Gaming's answer to the Series S

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKC Yeakey Trentadue

[H]ard|Gawd
First thing out of the way, I know this is likely more vaporware going straight to miners. A boy can dream.

We are getting the first leaks of Nvidia's RTX 3050, due to release in a month:
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3050-4gb-8gb-flavors

Overall, it looks rather enticing.
Bandwidth and gflop performance is around 2/3rds of an RTX 3060 so 1660 super performance at least while having an 8 GB and 4 GB option. This compares quite favorably to the 6500xt which could be as slow as a 5500xt. Although infinity cache may help the 6500xt's pathetic 64 bit bus, the 4 GB framebuffer limit will surely cripple it in many titles.
https://hardforum.com/threads/the-6...u-pc-gaming-peasants.2015965/#post-1045219575

While 90w is low already, it would be fantastic to see the squeeze it down to 75w so as to allow board partners to make an SFF version. It would be great to have a real upgrade to the 1050ti. This card should have twice the performance at least.

My thinking is that this card at $250 paired with a modern 6/12 cpu, and 16 GB of ram would at least match the real world performance of a Series S. Depending on storage, I would think you could keep the entire system under $750 and close to 100w.

The card would be a much needed boost PC gaming. A boy can dream.

Its a bad idea to build a fairy tail by getting excited due leaks.
RTX3000 this is a huge FAIL as series, an special product for 3D developers, which some thought that is a plain gaming card.

I was mislead too by marketing voices, by thinking that GTX1060 6GB this is a relic when this is compared to 1660 Super.
Luck was on my side at March of 2021 at eBay, I own one of the best MSI implementation of GTX1060 6GB single fan, and at 1080P it does rock the house.

https://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1640.0

Reactions: kac77
like this
Its a bad idea to build a fairy tail by getting excited due leaks.
RTX3000 this is a huge FAIL as series, an special product for 3D developers, which some thought that is a plain gaming card.

I was mislead too by marketing voices, by thinking that GTX1060 6GB this is a relic when this is compared to 1660 Super.
Luck was on my side at March of 2021 at eBay, I own one of the best MSI implementation of GTX1060 6GB single fan, and at 1080P it does rock the house.

https://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1640.0
Micron memory, huh. Did these clock higher? I remember the 9 GB/s GTX 1060, but they didn't actually clock higher.

I always wanted a GTX 1060 with GDDR5x.

Micron memory, huh. Did these clock higher? I remember the 9 GB/s GTX 1060, but they didn't actually clock higher.

I always wanted a GTX 1060 with GDDR5x.

This is latest (2016) Micron at 192.2 GB/s = rich bandwidth at hand.
This is 6GB OC factory version, it does not require manual OC.
Boost this is 1759 MHz default, afterburner was able to push it +126 MHz = 1885.
MSI did fantastic work with this card and especially with the cooler design.

I "learned my lesson" after buying the GTX 960 4GB.

If it doesn't have at least a "7" on the box, I'm not dropping a dime.

Alas, the gaming cards aren't what they used to be for the sub-300 sector..

Cant say I would want to pay $750 for a Series S...
No one was implying as such. People still need a PC. The point is it would be nice to be able to build a PC with a descent GPU for the same price as a combination console and PC with and igpu like you could prior to 2020.

So we got new info on the RX 6500 today.
https://hardforum.com/threads/the-6...u-pc-gaming-peasants.2015965/#post-1045237805

At the same time we got information of Nvidia's budget solution.
https://www.techpowerup.com/290516/...reflex-omniverse-ai-driving-and-more#comments

We were shown a few slides and they are rather deceptive for this GPU release. In other news, water is wet.
Screenshot_20220104-144459-342.png

This first slide looks like massive performance increases. I have a feeling, though, that these games and settings are such that they really take a hit with 2 and 4 GB vram. A few tweaks would likely see things much closer together.
Screenshot_20220104-144525-860.png

Then there is this gem. Possibly the gayest GPU graph ever. You could have just had a check next to the 3050 for RTX and none for the older cards.

https://hardforum.com/threads/the-6...u-pc-gaming-peasants.2015965/#post-1045237805

https://www.techpowerup.com/290516/...reflex-omniverse-ai-driving-and-more#comments

We were shown a few slides and they are rather deceptive for this GPU release. In other news, water is wet.
View attachment 428289
This first slide looks like massive performance increases. I have a feeling, though, that these games and settings are such that they really take a hit with 2 and 4 GB vram. A few tweaks would likely see things much closer together.
View attachment 428292
Then there is this gem. Possibly the gayest GPU graph ever. You could have just had a check next to the 3050 for RTX and none for the older cards.
Step up to RTX!!!

View attachment 428289
View attachment 428292
That RT chart is definitely hilarious. Could have just pointed out that none of those other cards support ray tracing.

That RT chart is definitely hilarious. Could have just pointed out that none of those other cards support ray tracing.
All this goodness :rolleyes:, but how much is this card? And when do the AIB vendors announce their products?

Remember when gamers would complain that the charts did not start at zero? Nvidia said 'ok' and managed to make the charts to be even more disengenous.

All this goodness :rolleyes:, but how much is this card? And when do the AIB vendors announce their products?
I haven't seen any pricing from AIBs yet but there are plenty of models. https://www.tomshardware.com/news/rtx-3050-aib-partner-card-list

Official MSRP is $249 and there will probably be some that that price on launch day to appease NVidia (there were some $329 3060s, so I'm expecting a repeat), but most of them will be more. For the ones you'll have a decent chance at hunting down, I'll take a wild guess at $325-425 depending on model just based on 3060s, 3060Tis and 3070s seeming to be listed for about 1.3-1.75x MSRP.

its going to match a 1660super? so... street price of $475?
Presumedly at least given the specs in relationship to the 3060. That price is probably not far off given that the Entherium-less 6500xt msrp is already appearing at $300 so maybe even closer to $400 street price for THAT card. Yep, what a time for PC gaming. At this point you are probably better off just getting a gaming laptop and hooking up a screen to that.

thats what i did. Got a lenovo Legion 5 (2060 6gb) does everything i need gaming wise. also got a 6900xt, but that has to mine for 18 months before ill touch it for gaming, lol.

Early leaked benchmarks claim the new 3050 is basically a 1660ti with RTX and dlss, which is around what I expected. Actual reviews will be out next week though

Perhaps prices will be a little more reasonable now that crypto is taking a dump.

^^ I put a 1060-6GB I forgot I had in my younger son's PC as a holdover until I could get my hands on a better card. We'll see if this does the trick or no.

Thats is crazy shit right

there

After the initial week or two we will see. The 6600 is less than that right now. It's also likely to be worse at mining than the 6600. Nvidia does have mindshare... but we'll see.

After the initial week or two we will see. The 6600 is less than that right now. It's also likely to be worse at mining than the 6600. Nvidia does have mindshare... but we'll see.
Yes we will. It is not that I have interest in buying one Just crazy to see those pricing.

That 4gb ram makes these useless for mining btw. Wouldn't spend a peso on one.

Still going to be useless. Got the chops of a 1660 Super/Ti more or less.

Bout a buck a day...and it's still "good" right now.

Still going to be useless. Got the chops of a 1660 Super/Ti more or less.

Bout a buck a day...and it's still "good" right now.

It's probably going to be 21-24 mh/s at the most. That's assuming 70-80 percent of a possible 30. It's likely at a fairly high power usage.

*In essence I agree with you*

I see Videocardz has info up on the RTX 3050 with some Firestrike scores and the card falls around a RX 580 /590 with 1080p scores, so it's that level of video card with around 15,800 gpu score.

I will say that nVidia does a really good job with vram compression and/or swapping with system ram as needed.

The only example I saw where the 2060 6 GB fell to the new 3050 8 GB is Doom Eternal on ultra.

Lol 3050. Spend $250ish in 2019 and get a 1660 Ti. Spend $250ish in 2022 and get something with the same performance level.

Cool.

Way to stagnate that segment of the market.

I entered a Newegg shuffle for one. I have a 1070. I don't need this. But I might grab it if I get selected. I could upgrade another computer to my 1070 and put a 3050 in my main. Or I might go for a 6600 xt but I really don't need that either

I entered a Newegg shuffle for one. I have a 1070. I don't need this. But I might grab it if I get selected. I could upgrade another computer to my 1070 and put a 3050 in my main. Or I might go for a 6600 xt but I really don't need that either

If you don't need it, don't buy it. Sheesh people, can't you find anything else to burn your money on? Non-perishable foods would be a good start given how volitile the supply chains are.

If you don't need it, don't buy it. Sheesh people, can't you find anything else to burn your money on? Non-perishable foods would be a good start given how volitile the supply chains are.
I have a use If I get selected. I don't expect to win however... My girlfriend's father owns a butcher shop and a farm I don't expect I'll go hungry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back