RTX 2080 Ti Overclocking (Settings, Tips, etc.)

Domingo

Fully [H]
The subject seems straightforward enough.
What card model, settings, and program (Precision X1, Afterburner, or something else) are you using?
Any tips or advice?

From what GPU are you upgrading? the process it's the same since kepler and as the subject it's pretty straightforward, increase power limit, increase temp limit and start adding core in a 20mhz stepped basis until you find crash or unstability.. you may want to test with little bit of underclocking to see if it boost higher by itself, it not then start adding voltage in the lesser way possible..

regarding the app used, the newer Precision X1 with the scanner may do everything for you and guide you on what to do and how proceed.

"Techspot" did this article a few days back. One of the more in-depth and step-by-step things I've read about O/C the new Nvidia cards.

https://www.techspot.com/article/1704-geforce-rtx-2080-overclocking/

This is more of what I was looking for. I get the principle of what to do but was looking for some good starting points and targets to begin with. The PX1 "scanner" changed my power curve, but it doesn't tell you anything about what values it changed and what they now are.

My initial results with the Zotac AMP 2080Ti that just arrived this morning:

Precision XOC
Power target: +115% (max)
GPU clock offset: +100
Mem Clock Offset: +250

GPU initially boosts right up to 2130MHz, then settles at 2085MHz after heating up. Fan speed hits 50% on Auto and the card stays pretty quiet. My game (NS2) did freeze when going to +140 on the core offset, so I'll slowly adjust from +100 in smaller increments until I reach game stability.

So far, so good!

My initial results with the Zotac AMP 2080Ti that just arrived this morning:

Precision XOC
Power target: +115% (max)
GPU clock offset: +100
Mem Clock Offset: +250

GPU initially boosts right up to 2130MHz, then settles at 2085MHz after heating up. Fan speed hits 50% on Auto and the card stays pretty quiet. My game (NS2) did freeze when going to +140 on the core offset, so I'll slowly adjust from +100 in smaller increments until I reach game stability.

So far, so good!

Keep us posted. I have the same card being delivered on Friday.

Playing with my FE model this morning. Probably some clock left in the memory, but +90 is it on the core for my card. Temps are good, ~67c @ 70% fan. Waterblock incoming anyway.

123% Power
+90 GPU Core
+700 Memory
1920-1935MHz core/sustained

Last edited:
RTX 2080 Ti FE

123% Power
+115 Core
+650 Memory

Using AB Beta

Wanted to share this. Using MSI Afterburner, the newest beta. I cannot find the built in nVidia scanner feature which I thought the newest Afterburner was supposed to have.

max power slider, 110%, +90 core, +220 memory. I need to play with it a bit more. It's still running pretty cool I think.

Attachments

• IMG_20181006_122123.jpg
    IMG_20181006_122123.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 0
Wanted to share this. Using MSI Afterburner, the newest beta. I cannot find the built in nVidia scanner feature which I thought the newest Afterburner was supposed to have.

click the tiny bar graph icon next to the core clock slider. then in the window that appears click the OC Scanner button in the top right corner. it's buried, not intuitive at all.

Hey Porter, thanks. I actually had to consult Reddit to figure out how to use it. It's very buried for sure. It's also dependent on having rivatuner statistics installed as well.

Back