RTX 2070 OR 2080

cuemasterfl

Supreme [H]ardness
I can't decide if my new laptop should have a 2070 or 2080 (not max-q There's a decent price difference, but from what I can see the performance difference isn't that great. I'll be using the laptop mostly on my lap, but occasionally on my desk hooked up to my 4k 43" TV. I have a laptop right now with a 960m card, so either will be a huge upgrade. I want to keep the laptop price around $2000. Suggestions and advice most welcome. TIA!

What size and resolution is the laptop screen?

What resolution do you plan to use when connected to the TV? (obviously you said that it is a 4K TV, but that would in no-way prevent you from gaming at something like 1080P instead, and some 4K TVs only support 24 or 30fps at 4K)

What CPU does the laptop have?

What games do you intend to play?

The laptop is 1080, but I usually game at 4k on the TV. However, I will probably leave my desktop with its 1080 video card attached to the TV, and use the laptop almost always by itself. I bought the laptop I was looking at with the RTX 2070, I7-9th gen, 32GB RAM, 1 TB NVME SSD, 1 TB standard HD. I watched a few YouTube videos and was very impressed. It arrives on Tuesday :)

What size and resolution is the laptop screen?

What resolution do you plan to use when connected to the TV? (obviously you said that it is a 4K TV, but that would in no-way prevent you from gaming at something like 1080P instead, and some 4K TVs only support 24 or 30fps at 4K)

What CPU does the laptop have?

What games do you intend to play?

Back