Rosewill RK-9000 Mechanical Keyboard (MX Blue) - $54.99 today only

Viper87227

Fully [H]
[DEAD]

Dailysteals has the RK-9000 with blues for $49.99 + $5 s/h. This is better than the price they often go on sale for at Newegg (which is usually ~$68, 20% off $85). It should be especially good for those of us in NY, NC, or IL since for whatever reason, Newegg will not ship this keyboard to those states.

Deal ends in 16 hours... so get them well you can. Take note that DS is sometimes slow to ship, but the price seems worth the wait to me.

Last edited:
Now to decide whether to get this or wait for Reds

I've really been holding out for this exact keyboard. The only mechanical keyboard I've ever used is an old ass IMB with the spring switches... but I love it. I like my keyboards to be noisy as all hell :D. It seems like the only other thing with blues is the POS Razer keyboard. I tried to order this keyboard from NE last time they did the 20% off, but damn no shipping to NY got me. I was pretty excited when this popped into my inbox this morning.

I take it this keyboard is not backlit?

I also noticed it doesn't have any extra USB ports.. darn.

I will just have to wait till the Black Widow's go on a good sale to get those features!

I will just have to wait till the Black Widow's go on a good sale to get those features!

I've heard tons of very bad things about the black widow. They seem to have lots of reliability issues. Also, the keyboards software (not required, but you need it for macros and stuff) requires an always-on internet connection. Basically DRM for your hardware. Which sucks.

I was in the same boat as you, I wanted MX Blues w/ a backlight keyboard, and the black widow seemed to be the only one to have it. But after lots of reading, I'd gladly give up a backlight for a quality product.

I've been very happy with my Rosewill keyboard that I use every day at work (mx browns). I still prefer blues (I use a Das and a CM Storm at home - both with blues). The build quality of the Rosewill is great. This is a screaming deal for a quality mx blue keyboard.

I have this keyboard and use it with the PS/2 cable for the n-key rollover. This is a fantastic keyboard. It's great for typing and gaming. People say the blue switche's stroke affects gaming but I don't feel it holds me back in BF3 one iota. It's a great keyboard and for this price I'm considering buying a second just to have a spare when my original finally gives out 10 years from now.

Great keyboard with great build quality everywhere EXCEPT the USB connector... For some retarded reason they 1) made the USB connector location elevated which causes more stress on the connector and 2) they didn't do a very good soldering job. So many reports of dead USB and mine was just RMAed to Newegg after having it for a month.

I've heard tons of very bad things about the black widow. They seem to have lots of reliability issues. Also, the keyboards software (not required, but you need it for macros and stuff) requires an always-on internet connection. Basically DRM for your hardware. Which sucks.

I was in the same boat as you, I wanted MX Blues w/ a backlight keyboard, and the black widow seemed to be the only one to have it. But after lots of reading, I'd gladly give up a backlight for a quality product.

I've had a BWU for over a year and love it so far.

But the software thing is really not that big of an issue, and is not DRM. You only need it for the first time you start it up. The software is supposed to be used for cloud-storage of your profiles, macros etc. Once you log in once, you never have to again. It also downloads driver and firmware updates etc.

I will never buy another Razer keyboard, or probably another Razer product. They are jerks. At least they were when dealing with me. First keyboard died within a week (of using it - sat on my shelf until outside the store's normal return policy because I didn't have time to game right then). They wouldn't do a damn thing for me because I couldn't find my receipt, and I'd paid cash for it, so I couldn't get a reprint at the store. Best Buy actually went out of their return policy to exchange it for me since they remembered me buying it there.

Replacement keyboard didn't make it much past a year before it started having the same issue. Razer has ZERO customer service in my opinion. I'd rather buy a Rosewill or Logitech any day of the week.

Myself and many others have had issues with the USB power connection on the rear of the keyboard getting loose and rendering it useless. just be careful with it.

The RK-9100 is backlit, and has blues. They have a version of the backlit one with browns and red's too I believe.

Personally I have an RK-9000 and a RK-9100, both with MX Blues and they are GREAT keyboards. I actually have another ABS Mechanical keyboard (The older M1) and it has held up very well, but it uses different key switches that I don't like as much. (It uses Black ALPS Clones).

Man this deal is tempting, I'd love to pick up another one of these!

Too bad the backlit one isn't on sale! I would definately go for that. Even so, this is a tempting deal, as I have never owned a mechanical keyboard.

These are awesome, I'm sure the reason they are being sold off like this is because they came out with newer versions.

I've got nothing but great things to say about mine - typing nirvana!

Some people have had problems with the mini-USB connector coming loose, but this is really only a problem if you're always taking your keyboard to Lanparties or other events and aren't careful with connecting and disconnecting the USB cable.

It is quite the keyboard for it's original price, and at this price it's an absolute steal!

There's plenty of backlit boards with blue, most are probably $120+ tho.

I've heard a lot about the RK9000 connector issue but AFAIK it's not hard to fix...

Amazing value at this price IMO, I haven't had any issues with the one I have with browns, excellent keyboard if you want a no frills mechanical... They're a good value even at their regular price but a sale like this makes it a no brainer if you're after (or don't mind) blues.

I have the rosewill mx brown keyboard, however i like my gfs blues better. All personal preference of course, you just have to try it to know.

Great deal, I've been trying to hold back on non illuminated mechanical deals, but when it's literally 50% off the sale version of the lit ones, hard to resist...

Then again, if the 9100 (illuminated) goes on a big sale in a week...

Great deal, I've been trying to hold back on non illuminated mechanical deals, but when it's literally 50% off the sale version of the lit ones, hard to resist...

Then again, if the 9100 (illuminated) goes on a big sale in a week...

Do you know how much?

If the 9100 goes on sale, don't expect it to come down even relative to when the 9000s come down. The 9100s just came out, if there are discounts, I'd expect they go down to around $90 if we're lucky.

Just look at all the mechanical non lits going on great sales in the 50-70 range such as this and the black widow. Lits go under $100 sometimes below 90 if you're lucky, but those are older models.

If you're not willing to spend $30 more for mechanical then please consider that's the smallest gap I've personally seen for 2nd top tier full mechanical in a while. Most people have to deal with at least $60-200 gaps and justify their experience with that in mind either way, but to me, this deal is a no brainer; long as you are okay with no illumination and have researched the various color switches and know blue is cool for one of your setups. (blue is one of those kind you either hate or love, with sound being one of the large factors)

I've seen the backlit K90 go on sale for $80-something about two or three times this year (combination of NE code + rebate), that's a big part of the reason I ended up with one instead of a $150 Ducky... But yeah, you don't generally see backlit mechanicals for much less than $90, if that.

FYI for those of you who ordered - I got an e-mail from UPS today stating that I have a delivery from Newegg scheduled for tomorrow. Being that I haven't ordered anything from Newegg in ages, I'm guessing it's the keyboard (i've had things from DS shipped directly from vendors before). If so, good news... it looks like we won't be waiting long.

Dailysteals usually doesn't update the order status on their website to shipped until long after you've received the item, their website is useless. So I suggest you guys keep an ear out for UPS :)

FYI for those of you who ordered - I got an e-mail from UPS today stating that I have a delivery from Newegg scheduled for tomorrow. Being that I haven't ordered anything from Newegg in ages, I'm guessing it's the keyboard (i've had things from DS shipped directly from vendors before). If so, good news... it looks like we won't be waiting long.

Dailysteals usually doesn't update the order status on their website to shipped until long after you've received the item, their website is useless. So I suggest you guys keep an ear out for UPS :)

i haven't gotten any tracking info yet :|

i haven't gotten any tracking info yet :|

You probably won't. I have a UPS MyChoice account and get notified directly by UPS any time a package is sent to me. It's from Newegg, and I didn't place a Newegg order, so I'm just assuming.

Mine was waiting for me when I got home from work. It shipped directly from Newegg.

I'm really surprised how heavy this thing is for such a small keyboard. So far, it is an absolute dream to type on. The keys feel great. Some keys feel a bit stiff (shift, for example), but that's not a big deal. I'm sure I will get used to it very quickly. So far I'm really happy though. It sure is noisy, which is exactly what I wanted. This thing is awesome for $50!

yea, i've heard these rosewill's are pretty decent for the price. but i just bought a noppoo choc mini mx black for 40 shipped. I wanted to go for a smaller layout, I don't think i'll mind mx black's as i jamm pretty hard on my keys but we'll see.

You probably won't. I have a UPS MyChoice account and get notified directly by UPS any time a package is sent to me. It's from Newegg, and I didn't place a Newegg order, so I'm just assuming.

yeah, i ended up getting mine, but i probably wont be using it much, the clicky noise is too distracting for work, ive ordered some padding for the key caps which may quiet it down, but the click from the blue switch is a bit loud.

i'll probably wait for another sale on one with mx red's and then put the padding on those so it isnt nearly as noisey because i love the feel of mechanical keyboards, but the noise is a bit irritating in a small office setting to my co-workers.

Mine arrived in a newegg box. So far really liking the keyboard.

I bought some firm landing pads from elitekeyboards and am planning to add them here. I'll post back with the result. Most people complained that the soft ones didn't dampen the clicks enough, so I figured I'd spring for the firm ones. Heck, only 15 bucks including shipping so no big deal even if I don't like 'em.

yeah, i ended up getting mine, but i probably wont be using it much, the clicky noise is too distracting for work, ive ordered some padding for the key caps which may quiet it down, but the click from the blue switch is a bit loud.

i'll probably wait for another sale on one with mx red's and then put the padding on those so it isnt nearly as noisey because i love the feel of mechanical keyboards, but the noise is a bit irritating in a small office setting to my co-workers.

I have two of these Rosewill mechanical keyboards, one brown for work and one blue at home. Both have WASD 40A-L dampeners. The dampeners quite the blues quite a bit in my opinion.

Edit: And by quite, and I meant quiet...the first quite, that is. :)

Last edited:
I have two of these Rosewill mechanical keyboards, one brown for work and one blue at home. Both have WASD 40A-L dampeners. The dampeners quite the blues quite a bit in my opinion.

That's what I'm hoping. Deskthority says the clicking in the blues comes from bottoming out more than the switch itself. You can see this by slowly depressing a key. There's a small click at the activation point. Then if you just type that key repeatedly the click is louder because the switch is actually bottoming out.
Mx_blue_illustration.gif

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX_Blue

My thought is the firm pads prevent you from reaching the point where the switch will bottom out, which will make the keyboard significantly quieter.

It's a two part noise, click clack, switch action then the slam against the bottom plate, the switch alone could still be bothersome to coworkers and whatnot.

It's a two part noise, click clack, switch action then the slam against the bottom plate, the switch alone could still be bothersome to coworkers and whatnot.

On my blues with the dampeners, the click is the only audible part to me. I rarely bottom out anymore, and if I do, the dampeners make it a very soft, quiet landing. It took me a couple of months of getting used to using less pressure compared to a rubber dome keyboard.

There's no way I would bring a keyboard to work though. I'm sure my cube neighbors would get annoyed with me. That's why I got the browns and dampeners.

Yeah, the bottoming out part is the loudest one but the blue click is still audible a couple of desks away. I actually got used to not bottoming out on my reds without any actuation feedback but that's very personal, some people take longer to adjust and some never do, when gaming I think everyone ends up bottoming keys out anyway.

Even with dampeners, mechanical switches still feel very different from rubber domes... Someone in the thread asked about it a few posts ago. Key travel is very evenly resistant whereas with domes all the pressure is at the top and you have to bottom out for strikes to register.

Honestly at work they gave me a microsoft ergonomic keyboard that bottoms out and is noisy already.

I wasn't planning on bringing the keyboard to work, either. It's for my use at home.

The difference on the impact to the joints in your fingers was immediately noticeable to me coming from a dinovo edge.

Back