Rob's HTPC Setup (CableCard, Touchscreen LCD, etc..) PICS!

you obviously have 0 experience in distributive video.....

HDMI matrix switches are a PITA due to HDCP

sometimes they work and other times they dont.... they are not reliable. Still today if you want HD video from multiple sources being exported to multiple devices then component is the way to go

Yup. True story.

Ready for UFC 152 tomorrow!

I'll have plenty of updates in 2 weeks, I changed some things around, added a few more 360's (I'm at SIXTEEN 360's currently), Added a few UPS battery's, etc...

Changed some stuff around this weekend

Backside

Added some more joysticks

alot more to come..

wow Rob...

Are you willing to adopt a 30 year old kid? I would be more than willing to mow your lawn, do the dishes, or various other chores just so I could have access to all those toys.:D

WTF

Ever since I added a refrigerator in the man cave and 6 Tube TV's, my electric bill pretty much doubled.

As a courtesy, we have reviewed your SCE account. Based on the first 11 days of this billing period for your account ending 444XXX, your next bill is projected to be $255.00, which is 86% higher than it was last year.
It's not too late to take action. We have tools and resources available in My Account to help you monitor and reduce your electricity use before your current billing period ends

I need some solar panels!

All equipment sucks power and the older they are the more they suck too(this can also be applied to hookers). Might have to say good bye to tube tvs. But definitely get a more a efficient fridge, its always on and drains alot of power. Plus if the fridge is in the garage, it uses even more power to cool and keep things fresh. I read that some where about putting indoor fridges outside including the garage is a no no.I probably got that off Con ed website or HGTV.

hey guys new to the forums here as of tonight finally signed up.. just want to say Rob nice very nice job on the home network you got going on there been following it for a while now i just picled up Ahanix mce701 case from ebay for 100 bucks it didnt come with any wire diagrams and have a question on the 5 wires that come off the back of the lcd screen the ones that read port+ port- ground vcc and there is one that has nothing labled on itit is black so i am assuming it is another ground would you be able to tell me where the wire hook up to im assuming the usb port and if so what order would the go in on the usb connector the connector i have reads +5v p1- p1+ gnd and the other side reads nc gnd p2+ p2- +5v it is a blue connector i am installing a striker2 extreme water cooled motherboard with a 9650 775 cpu 8 gig ddr3 1600 ram evga 570 bluray burner 4x 2tb harddrives and a 240 ssd for the boot planning on installing xbmc on it and hooking up a 80in sharp led and a 140in glass beeded screen with a 3d projactor to it should look good if you could help me out with it that would be great if you can remember where the wires go to without opening your case to look... thanks alot steve

Ahanix MCE701

Ahanix MCE701

Reason im lagging on the updates is because im currently doing renovations inside my home (New Woods Floors, Upgraded TV's etc..) In the meantime here is a screen shot of my games

hey guys new to the forums here as of tonight finally signed up.. just want to say Rob nice very nice job on the home network you got going on there been following it for a while now i just picled up Ahanix mce701 case from ebay for 100 bucks it didnt come with any wire diagrams and have a question on the 5 wires that come off the back of the lcd screen the ones that read port+ port- ground vcc and there is one that has nothing labled on itit is black so i am assuming it is another ground would you be able to tell me where the wire hook up to im assuming the usb port and if so what order would the go in on the usb connector the connector i have reads +5v p1- p1+ gnd and the other side reads nc gnd p2+ p2- +5v it is a blue connector i am installing a striker2 extreme water cooled motherboard with a 9650 775 cpu 8 gig ddr3 1600 ram evga 570 bluray burner 4x 2tb harddrives and a 240 ssd for the boot planning on installing xbmc on it and hooking up a 80in sharp led and a 140in glass beeded screen with a 3d projactor to it should look good if you could help me out with it that would be great if you can remember where the wires go to without opening your case to look... thanks alot steve

Sorry buddy cant help you out, I sold that case along time ago. :(

Nice collections, but I can't understand why those TV's are mounted so high up? Bet your neck gona hurt after a hour of gaming..?

Nice collections, but I can't understand why those TV's are mounted so high up? Bet your neck gona hurt after a hour of gaming..?

In person they don't look so high. The TV's are slightly tilted forward a bit. No neck pains here! :D

Finally done with my Game Room! (For now)

Entrance view into the Gameroom

Game Systems

Systems (top left going right)

* Hyperkin RetroN 3
* Japanese Microsoft XBOX
* Japanese Nintendo Gamecube
* Japanese Sega Saturn
* Japanese Nintendo Wii
* Neo-Geo X System

* Gateway XTV-450 Desktop Computer
* Sony PlayStation 2 (Will be replaced by a Sony PSX DESR-7000 250GB DVR Console)
* Nintendo Wii-U
* Japanese Nintendo 64
* Japanese Sega Dreamcast
* Sony PlayStation 3 (Model 2)

Forgot to post these a few weeks ago.

New Floors :D

New Leather Sofa and Rug for the Living Room.

Another project I need to Finish / Clean up / redo

NETWORKING (located in closet)

NEVER ENDING PROJECTS :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dude, I don't know if I should start applauding or call the insane asylum on you. :D This is some serious amount of hardware. I'm both ecstatically impressed with this project and alarmingly concerned about your energy bill at the same time. Wow. Just wow. This is most definitely [H]ard.

Last edited:
Dude, I don't know if I should start applauding or call the insane asylum on you. :D This is some serious amount hardware. I'm both ecstatically impressed with this project and alarmingly concerned about your energy bill at the same time. Wow. Just wow. This is most definitely [H]ard.

I will definitely say 'impressed'.

Dude, I don't know if I should start applauding or call the insane asylum on you. :D This is some serious amount of hardware. I'm both ecstatically impressed with this project and alarmingly concerned about your energy bill at the same time. Wow. Just wow. This is most definitely [H]ard.

Thanks :D and I'm the only person who uses this stuff most of the time.

WTF

Ever since I added a refrigerator in the man cave and 6 Tube TV's, my electric bill pretty much doubled.

As a courtesy, we have reviewed your SCE account. Based on the first 11 days of this billing period for your account ending 444XXX, your next bill is projected to be $255.00, which is 86% higher than it was last year.
It's not too late to take action. We have tools and resources available in My Account to help you monitor and reduce your electricity use before your current billing period ends

I need some solar panels!

Sorry off-topic but $255? What time frame is that over? Whats the cost per kwh? From Australia so just comparing (if you dont mind me asking)

Last edited:
Back