Rise of the HiDPI Displays

Pretty sure it’s height adjustable. It even pivots, which is important to me.

I placed an order for one today as well, and I'm very excited about it. I sold my M32U here in January, in anticipation of the U3224KB -- scouring the web for any news about it every day since it was announced at CES. I've been using an Apple Studio Display in the meantime, and I'll be glad to be back at 32" screen size. The increased PPI of the ASD is great, but using a 27" screen for work has felt very constricting. I never felt that way about the ASD when using it for personal use, but for a work monitor it's just too small for me.

My new build has an RX 7900 XTX, and I'm anxious to test some games and see how well it performs at the native resolution. I've been surprised at how well it performs at 5K, but 6K may be a little to much for it -- at least for recent releases.

Lava Lamp Freak really interested in how you will think this compares to the Studio Display. I love the design and speakers on that thing but I knew up front that 27” would be too small for me; so I never bought one.

And hey, we’ve got just enough time under Dell’s return policy in case the mad lads at Apple come out with a HiDPI HDR HFR display at WWDC.

I'm uninterested.

I "just" want OLED, 4k, 32", 120Hz, 75-80%+ Rec2020, 100% AdobeRGB, HDR600 (minimum, preferably 1000, but I'd settle for 600 at this point). Preferably with SDI-12G, but unfortunately every manufacturer is "reserving" that port only for displays that cost $20k. Jerks.

I wouldn't mind 5k or 6k, in fact I'd welcome it, but if it compromises any of the above, then I'm no longer interested. It also just doesn't make sense to me to shell out big money for IPS anymore, unless it's dual layer and has HDR1000 certification.
SDI-12G does not support HDCP, so probably not going to see it on any consumer product in the next... ever.

SDI-12G does not support HDCP, so probably not going to see it on any consumer product in the next... ever.
Arguably monitors fit into both. And I have to believe the tech to drive it isn’t that expensive. The second a company uses a good panel, good driving tech, and has SDI, it will sell like gangbusters to this audience.

Even if it is “only” $5000 it would undercut Eizo, FSI, and Sony as just 3 examples by at least $15k and up to as much as $35k.

I have to think LG “Professional” would have at least a passing interest in that.

Wow, the included stand isn't even height adjustable? This thing looks great though.
1683943552151.png

Its the only option so it is included.

Back