RIP Newegg, you weren't good lately anyway

I have been going to my local Altex, as they have pulled their head out of their ass and started selling normal parts instead of old basic white box parts.

Yea, it costs a little more but the store is 5 mins away and I can get a quick swap if something is defective.

I do still use newegg for research since I am familiar with their layout.

I plan on looking into this PC Hound thing if I ever get some spending money.

I have been going to my local Altex, as they have pulled their head out of their ass and started selling normal parts instead of old basic white box parts.

Yea, it costs a little more but the store is 5 mins away and I can get a quick swap if something is defective.

I do still use newegg for research since I am familiar with their layout.

I plan on looking into this PC Hound thing if I ever get some spending money.

I've quit even using their browsing system. It is a ridiculous mish-mash of spyware (AKA "Canvas" and scripting. And if you block any of it-their site breaks. Privacy Badger, script block chow down their site due to how bad it is. I don't think I see a major legit ecommerce site with more junk scripting on it than theirs.

I haven't bought from Newegg in a while also. Amazon is much better.
The only great thing about their website using it with Hover Hound to compare prices.

Well this sucks. I always use Newegg. Living in CT and Newegg having a distribution center in NJ made most deliveries overnight for me and purchases were always tax free (which Amazon is not for me). Not to mention they would get the package out the door the same day. I don't know what I'll do in the future if significant changes are made to Newegg.

Last edited:
I can't even purchase from newegg or their ebay deals. My account password got stolen, CC card company dispute and now newegg blacklisted my name with my address. They accept the payment, then cancel the order the next day. I have spoken with several representative and cannot get it resolved.

BTW: Making another account doesn't help.

SCREW NEWEGG.

Good riddance. Their prices have been atrocious for years, and I stopped shopping there when I found out they charged insane shipping prices for APO (same cost as shipping to NY State, wtf?!)

What a revoltin' development! I built my last 3 rigs with components from Newegg. Time to start looking elsewhere, I suppose.

Reactions: Madoc
like this
I really can't stand Amazon anymore since it takes them a week just to get something out the door.

Reactions: atom
like this
I haven't bought a single thing from Newegg in YEARS. I used to buy from them almost exclusively just for having the best way for me to search for hardware that I needed. The last stretch has just been terrible, with poor customer service and even worse packaging. Amazon is the polar opposite with great customer service, but harder to browse for specific hardware. This just seals the deal and I will probably never buy a single thing from them again.

meh i havent used newegg in awile i either buy from the good people on fourms or hit up ebay i save thousands :p

Prime. Most of my stuff is either same day or 2 day delivery. It's ridiculously convenient.

There is basically no reason to not have prime. Hell, they should just make it like a Costco subscription thing where you need an account to shop there. It's everything great about Amazon and without it, you might as well just shop at Walmart.com

This is indeed sad. I lost my proximity to a well stocked Microcenter due to divorce so Newegg was what I assu7med I'd be using now. Guess not in light of this.

Hey, I will still order from them. I returned a UPS at no cost to me and no restocking fee. Also, I have 2 years of Prime free because I am a Veteran and I also got an AMEX Card through them.

There is basically no reason to not have prime. Hell, they should just make it like a Costco subscription thing where you need an account to shop there. It's everything great about Amazon and without it, you might as well just shop at Walmart.com

Even if you can't afford prime, it's not hard to bum an account from a friend since you can share prime with four 'family' members. You only get the 2 day shipping benefit but if that's all you want, great deal!

I used to use Newegg a lot now though I use Amazon or do a price match at best buy.. They are fading in lost retailer history.....

I still order from Newegg regularly for work. I use Hoverhound, but find that about 19/20 items are cheaper on Newegg than Amazon. Like those with Amazon prime, we have Newegg Premiere, so our deliveries are usually here in 2-3 days and returns have been hassle free. Hopefully that doesn't change.

"CHYNAH" is buying up so many US businesses and property lately, its insane. People make fun, but if we don't do something soon, we are going to be just like the fallen British empire and China will be the new United States, leaving us behind like a forgotten once glorious relic.

Does this mean that Newegg will become yet another company that will now have access to the ability to avoid paying taxes by utilizing multinational loopholes? I have not bought from them in a very long time as they just were not competitive. I am not upset as I am not really missing anything as they havn't appealed to me for over half a decade anyway. We still have Amazon and Micro Center.

WHY? I really like Newegg when the had the moto . The new one is not that good. I still use it to buy pc stuff. It kinda went way of dodo when the have 3rd party sellers listed with its own stuff.

Not much of a loss IMO.

I quit buying from them back when they started that marketplace crap and I had to click extra options in their search to eliminate the 500+ junk listings, repeats, laughable prices(those too good to be true "deals"), and random fly by night vendors I wanted nothing to do with. Their site sucks, prices generally aren't very good, CS was down the toilet years ago, and I've got probably a half dozen other places I'd rather buy from first.

I haven't purchased anything from NE for over 3 years. The only reason why NE was my one stop shop before is because of the great deals they had from stacking codes. Now they're basically Bestbuy...

Their website went to shit too... it's ultra slow, and their forums are now deserted. Heck, even Paul left.

The Egg has sucked for a while, and I doubt this will make things better, but aside from the fear of knockoffs, why is it an issue to buy predominately Chinese made products, from a Chinese owned store?

I generally use Newegg because my primary means of payment are Paypal and/or Paypal Credit. Easier to duck the wife when none of my purchases show up on our joint CC or bank account, ya'meen?

I wish Amazon would take Paypal.

Prime. Most of my stuff is either same day or 2 day delivery. It's ridiculously convenient.

The push to make large cities and urban areas same day, or even within a couple of hours----has hurt everyone else. Prime used to be 2 day shipping. no exceptions. Its now 3 days on average. and my last 3 orders haven't even shipped until the day before. So they essentially overnighted my stuff, after taking two days to process it.

They also now restrict you, based on which distribution center it is coming from. With longer lead times needed for overnight or weekend delivery, if the distribution center is further away. Again, this did not used to be the case. Prime was 2 days shipping and flat rate, overnight shipping. full stop. Not the case anymore and it even costs more.

One more step for the reds to own america. Looks like Patton was right.

I never understood why America allows foreign students to come to colleges/universities in the US. They obtain their BA/BS, MA/MS, MD/PhD's etc and then we send them right back home to the countries they came from so they can compete against us... We're pretty retarded about our immigration policies. White America will fade away soon enough... and that's a good thing. Wait, how did I get here? :confused: lol

The last thing I bought was my 980Ti from newegg. I generally don't buy much from them anymore and get most things from Amazon or locally at Microcenter.

Back