Retail stand alone water cooling setups?

ochadd

[H]ard|Gawd
I could put a cooling setup in my home network closet just 2 feet away from my home computer. It has a dedicated AC vent. Punch a couple holes in the wall and route the water pipes out to the computer. Maybe move the whole computer into the closet. The idea is the amount of cooling I could have is practically unlimited. I have a Corsair H110i dual 140mm cooler on a 7700k under my desk and it's too loud. My next build will likely be 12+ cores needing cooling and dreading the noise it's going to take. Is there anything at retail like this? Something like a stand alone tower with 8-12 140mm fans and a few gallon coolant reservoir?

Last edited:
I could put a cooling setup in my home network closed just 2 feet away from my home computer. It has a dedicated AC vent. Punch a couple holes in the wall and route the water pipes out to the computer. Maybe move the whole computer into the closet. The idea is the amount of cooling I could have is practically unlimited. I have a Corsair H110i dual 140mm cooler on a 7700k under my desk and it's too loud. My next build will likely be 12+ cores needing cooling and dreading the noise it's going to take. Is there anything at retail like this? Something like a stand alone tower with 8-12 140mm fans and a few gallon coolant reservoir?

There used to be a few products that did something like this back when the water cooling industry was young, but for whatever reason the external solutions have kind of fallen by the wayside over time.

That, and none of them were really as large as you were looking for.

That said, it should be too difficult to cobble together something of your own.

If you can still find them Phobya and MO-RA used to sell some large square radiators for many fan mounts that would be perfect for this. Not sure if they still do though. I havent seen them mentioned in a while.

Worst case it isn't too hard to just screw together a few larger 420 or 560 radiators to make your own square.

You could get a heater core from an automobile. Make your own chiller is another option. Just make sure your pumps are up to the task.

Koolance has a variety of options for this. I've got a pair of Exos 2.5 (360mm radiators) that I've been using on the test bench for over ten years each. One of them Kyle owned for a long time before he gave it to me. I've been abusing these for years and they are still going strong.

Koolance has a variety of options for this. I've got a pair of Exos 2.5 (360mm radiators) that I've been using on the test bench for over ten years each. One of them Kyle owned for a long time before he gave it to me. I've been abusing these for years and they are still going strong.

My bad. I thought of those when I was replying, but I didn't think they were actually still being made.

They are kind of designed to balance on top of the case though, right? Not sure they fill the desirements of the OP. That, and they are pretty pricey for just three fan slots worth of cooling.

My bad. I thought of those when I was replying, but I didn't think they were actually still being made.

They are kind of designed to balance on top of the case though, right? Not sure they fill the desirements of the OP. That, and they are pretty pricey for just three fan slots worth of cooling.

I mean, there is this rack mountable version with more capacity, but at $1850, it's priced a bit in crazy territory. At that price you might as well consider a water chiller.

If you can still find them Phobya and MO-RA used to sell some large square radiators for many fan mounts that would be perfect for this. Not sure if they still do though. I havent seen them mentioned in a while.
Watercool still makes MO-RAs. I bought one earlier this year.

In fact, they make them with brackets you can use to connect a Watercool reservoir and pump.

Short of putting the whole cooling assembly in another room like OP is saying, I've built roughly the same thing:

4aefca8.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. This is the setup for reference. The more I think about it, I could stack some radiators up on another shelf with L brackets easy enough. Will see how ambitious I get this winter.

1603481895641.png

1603481950041.png

Maybe I'm not reading something correctly, but isn't this like the ideal use case for the Aquacomputer Gigant? A ~3.5 feet tall cooling tower you could just stuff in the closet.

I recall back in, like, 2008, Cathar used some kind of uber pump with many multiples the power of a D5 that he put in a separate room and ran the lines to his computer. Its been so long, though, that I've forgotten the name of the pump, and looking it up is proving difficult.

Back