Restarting DLSS option giving me 4 fps boost in Control - question

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi. I have a question about Control game.
Restarting DLSS giving me 4 fps boost.

DLSS 960P with RTX HIGH,and standing on the same place i have 108 fps. Then i swtich to 1440P ( NO DLSS ) and have 72 fps. Then i go again to DLSS ( 960P) and have 112fps. IS this game issue not hardware? I dont have any crashing and no artifacts.
Using newest drivers.

Just DLSS->NO DLSS-> and DLSS and 4 fps more.

I have Gigabyte Rtx 3090 OC ( stock ) and 10850K stock ,32gb ram.

Your card is definitely fucked up. You should return it. :bored:

It's because in the "before" scenario, you had to get to that location and render things up to and around there. In the after, it starts only rendering the surrounding area. If you run around and then go back to the spot, I'm guessing you'll see the original fps again.

I think mgty23 just want's to believe his 3090 is dying.
half of me is still convinced mgty23 is just some sort of chinese bot scraping information. Always trollish questions, if you answer them well he creates more problems / trivial tech nonsense for you to solve, without any of them ever mattering.

half of me is still convinced mgty23 is just some sort of chinese bot scraping information. Always trollish questions, if you answer them well he creates more problems / trivial tech nonsense for you to solve, without any of them ever mattering.
He just seems like somebody that is extremely OCD. I also get the impression that he doesn't work or if he does he must work from home.

Sometimes when i stop moving character and looking at screen for example is steady 73fps forever,but from time to time it spikes for a second to 71fps and back again to 73fps. Even if on screen nothing happens. Is this game issue? temps are ok

Sometimes when i stop moving character and looking at screen for example is steady 73fps forever,but from time to time it spikes for a second to 71fps and back again to 73fps. Even if on screen nothing happens. Is this game issue? temps are ok
That does sound very serious.

I’d suggest a complete reformat and reinstall.

game framerates fluctuate. it's fine.

Sometimes when i stop moving character and looking at screen for example is steady 73fps forever,but from time to time it spikes for a second to 50 or 60fps etc fps and back again to 73fps. Even if on screen nothing happens and i am standing on the same place. Is this game issue? temps are ok

This completely making me angry why it dropping without reason? I have ok temps. Also no other programs in background.

Sometimes when i stop moving character and looking at screen for example is steady 73fps forever,but from time to time it spikes for a second to 50 or 60fps etc fps and back again to 73fps. Even if on screen nothing happens and i am standing on the same place. Is this game issue? temps are ok

This completely making me angry why it dropping without reason? I have ok temps. Also no other programs in background.
You made a whole thread on this.

Are you running msi afterburner, some video capture program, erm nvidia experience thingy, etc...

> Also no other programs in background.
So when you open taskmgr there's nothing in there, but the game? :)

The standard deal when benchmarking is to run it at least a few times, because.... framerates fluctuate

This (drop/stutter) happens almost always just once after 3 minutes of loaded level.Then its fine .

This (drop/stutter) happens almost always just once after 3 minutes of loaded level.Then its fine .

This is the kind of thing that many of us don't even notice then continue gaming. That's just normal operation for complicated video games on cutting edge and complex computers. It happens.

Why do you keep making threads about nitpicky nothing issues?

This is the kind of thing that many of us don't even notice then continue gaming. That's just normal operation for complicated video games on cutting edge and complex computers. It happens.

Why do you keep making threads about nitpicky nothing issues?
lol, maybe a prescription for ADHD is in order, will fix all these problems.

I think he's a little too OCD. Also this is normal behavior; both your CPU and GPU do not run at a stable clock speed. They run on an average and fluctuate frequencies a lot as they balance out power/load/temperatures. This means that on occasion this may show up as dips.

Also, stop looking at the fps and PLAY THE GAME.

when i stop moving character and looking at screen for example is steady 73fps forever,but from time to time it spikes for a second to 50 or 60fps etc fps and back again to 73fps. Even if on screen nothing happens and i am standing on the same place.drops without reason

when i stop moving character and looking at screen for example is steady 73fps forever,but from time to time it spikes for a second to 50 or 60fps etc fps and back again to 73fps. Even if on screen nothing happens and i am standing on the same place.drops without reason

If you had no FPS display and you were just playing, would you have noticed this?

Just RMA all the things. Then buy a console.

Its not a big problem. Because it drops always once after 3 minutes after loading level :) So just wait or something or i can ignore this?:)

Can i explain again please? I am just standing on the same place in game. Not touching keyboard or mouse. And observing character and fps. Nothing happens on screen.
Fps is 73-74fps. Then after 3 minutes it drops to 50 fps for 1 second and goes back to 74fps. Nothing to worry about?

nice nice i rebooted pc run game and no drops for 1 second after 3-4 minutes,like before. So just reboot pc before play Control.Before i was playing Quake 2 rtx and then Control. Maybe i must rebooting pc before Control,dunno.
RMA both Micosoft's and Nvidia's memory managers. #allframesmatter

OP, do you live in a state with legal recreational Marijuana use? If the answer is yes, it may be time for you to visit your first dispensary. 🤔

nice nice i rebooted pc run game and no drops for 1 second after 3-4 minutes,like before. So just reboot pc before play Control.Before i was playing Quake 2 rtx and then Control. Maybe i must rebooting pc before Control,dunno.
non-issue resolved.

Back