Resizable Bar incompatibilities - whos fault is it?

I had rebar working on my evga 3080 bit uave not been able to get ot working on my asus tuf 3090. Same mobo

Well, I ran this benchmark with Rebar on, first score is before I turned the build in Nvidia recorder on, No idea why the gpu showed a flatline and the recorder being used shows 40% and I really don't know what a good score is for this game, but I think that is alot faster than my RX5700 ever was when this game came out.

This is the testing done so far, game ran very smooth.

Back when resizable bar was first announced, it was limited to newer chipsets and CPU. If you aren't using the ones listed, not much you can do. AMD 2700x is seriously holding back 30 series cards as well as 40 series cards, so resizable bar is the least of your performance handicaps.

When you swap back does Nvidia info say Yes
If you mean me i sold the 3080. I have a spare evga 3080ti i can try swapping in.... My board is Gigabyte X570 A Elite and running 5900x. I know the bios was gtg for rebar since it worked before. will have to try the 3080ti for science

If you mean me i sold the 3080. I have a spare evga 3080ti i can try swapping in.... My board is Gigabyte X570 A Elite and running 5900x. I know the bios was gtg for rebar since it worked before. will have to try the 3080ti for science
Yea it just seems weird. If you already flashed the GPU bios, mb bios already working it should be good to go as the previous card had it working. The only thing I can think of is turning Rebar off. Restart. And then turn it back on.

I didn't need a vbios flash, being my 3070 was an LHR bios was already different.

Back when resizable bar was first announced, it was limited to newer chipsets and CPU. If you aren't using the ones listed, not much you can do. AMD 2700x is seriously holding back 30 series cards as well as 40 series cards, so resizable bar is the least of your performance handicaps.
You didn't understand me, officially RBar is not supported for 2700x, but unofficially it supposedly works.It tells me that it is on.
But let's say for me in RDR2 everything is the same, whether RBar is on or off.

I enable the option in the BIOS but the Nvidia driver says "No" :(

1667582232649.png

This happened to me, if you have updated vbios and checked rebar in motherboard bios your only other check is windows bios. You might still be on legacy. You have to switch to UEFI
On UEFI but I've never looked for a GPU BIOS update.

on the Msi forums they say you can do it from the dragon center. Are you using that? They say it is under the advanced tab
The site is working now and they have a low temp and low fan version. The low fan noise one is the same version and the Low Temp looks older. There is not switch, you have to chose what type you want? Are you updating the current switch position, if there is one?
1667594981963.png

1667595132972.png

The site is working now and they have a low temp and low fan version. The low fan noise one is the same version and the Low Temp looks older. There is not switch, you have to chose what type you want? Are you updating the current switch position, if there is one?
View attachment 524220
View attachment 524222
I found the MSI Live Update tool and it has access to a newer version and now after two years I have BAR support. So a few games may be a few frames faster now? :p

Nobody seems to have mentioned CSM/legacy bios support. This needs to be turned off in the bios for rebar to work.

One data point but I got my 9900k to support it fine on the 3080ti…

Nobody seems to have mentioned CSM/legacy bios support. This needs to be turned off in the bios for rebar to work.

Yea my motherboard wanted it CSM off and turn 4g decoding on. Each manufacturer has it setup differently

I think secure boot mode has to be on also.

The best way to tell if Rebar/SAM is working is how much system memory is being used, which means the cpu is pulling from the gpu's memory.

Last edited:
Back