Replacing evga 3070 fans with 120mm fans

Gabe3

2[H]4U
I'm thinking I should preserve these stock fans since last time I checked they cost like $20 a piece. What would I need to install some 120mm case fans? Zip ties and some kind of plug that fits the card's connectors? Would the card know what rpm to run large fans at? Its a EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 XC3 ULTRA GAMING

get a gpu mini 4 pin to 4pin pwm adapter/splitter and strap them on. it will still adjust speed based on temp.

Or just not worry about it? The fans will more then likely outlast the cards usefulness.

Fans will be fine. If you are dead set on some 120s, you don't need to do anything reference the cards fan header. Card will still run if the list at 0 rpm. Get a program like speedfan to control them and hook them to the normal SYSFAN headers.

Evga doesnt use gpu mini 4pin on their cards. They use a 4 pin that has a clip. Its some kind of odd ball that you have to buy on ali express.

even with the fans at 55% 24/7?

"Stuff" kills fans. You can run them 100% in a dust free for years with zero degradation.

This isnt the early 2000's where every fan was an oil impregnated copper/brass bearing that WOULD wear down with just milage.

would they be just as quiet as they are now in a year or two?

Ive never had a bearing fan get louder. Ive had pcs with gpus on 24/7 for 10 years now, they are not louder.

Again its the bushing fans that get bad. And ive never heard of a bushing pwm fan. And thanks to advancements, just about everything is a fluid magnetic bearing fan that will out live the plastic it is attached to.

I have had fans go bad on 7950 and 7970 cards (280/280x's) when run 100% fan at 100% usage for ages. Still, for $20 a fan, I wouldn't be removing them and installing equally costly tower fans to try and save a buck.

Some of the high end GPUs still have sleeve bearing fans. It’s not that uncommon still, and they will fail. But it’s easy to replace them.

Some of the high end GPUs still have sleeve bearing fans. It’s not that uncommon still, and they will fail. But it’s easy to replace them.

Yup i just deshrouded my EVGA, and its got sleeves. Now its rocking Arctics with fluid bearings :)

Nothing can help 3080, 3090 to run cooler, neither a turbo blower.
But 3070 this is newer and Gigabyte along ASUS they offer well designed cooling systems too, that do not require extreme airflow, because 3070 does not produce enormous amount of heat.

Back