Replacement for Silverstone FT02

H0lySm0kes

n00b
Since 2011 I have been the proud owner of the Silverstone FT02 which I've upgraded a couple of times now. I just pulled the trigger on a Gigabyte 3070 Ti Aorus Master and realized this card is not going to fit without modifying the middle fan and may overheat in the 90 degree orientation anyway. So now I am trying to figure out if I need to purchase a new case as well and what case to go with if so.

I love this case and while there are some decent designs out there these days it seems like not a lot of cases really come close to this case in terms of cooling, dust reduction and noise. I have been looking over what Silverstone offers these days and theres a few cases that look ok but you know how it is when you upgrade, you want some thing better.

So what if anything is better than the FT02? Budget isn't a huge concern. I just want something sleek, has a window or glass panel, some RGB doesn't bother me but nothing overkill. Any suggestions?

In general 3070s are not powerfull enough to make problems. Maaybe a fan on the top gpu backside if you overclock like crazy.
Size wise you can remove the plastic pedestal below the fan to make room.

Bequiets cases are robust
Money and place not an issue? Google Mountain mods cases ;-)

ps Check PCH temps with that monster of a gpu if it runs fan-less in idle.

Some people just rotate the case 90 degrees and remove the middle fan, it's not sexy but the alternative would be water cooling the GPU which IMHO is more sensible than changing cases since you still need good quiet airflow for the rest of the system and the ft02 is unbeatable in that regard.

Since 2011 I have been the proud owner of the Silverstone FT02 which I've upgraded a couple of times now. I just pulled the trigger on a Gigabyte 3070 Ti Aorus Master and realized this card is not going to fit without modifying the middle fan and may overheat in the 90 degree orientation anyway. So now I am trying to figure out if I need to purchase a new case as well and what case to go with if so.

I love this case and while there are some decent designs out there these days it seems like not a lot of cases really come close to this case in terms of cooling, dust reduction and noise. I have been looking over what Silverstone offers these days and theres a few cases that look ok but you know how it is when you upgrade, you want some thing better.

So what if anything is better than the FT02? Budget isn't a huge concern. I just want something sleek, has a window or glass panel, some RGB doesn't bother me but nothing overkill. Any suggestions?
I went from an FT02 to a Fractal Torrent Compact, no regerts. Exterior optical for CD ripping and legacy games, more room for video cards, equivalent filtered air cooling, it all good.

Got SilverStone Alta F1 for sale, but if that card cant work in that orientation.... O11 Air Mini Maybe?

Back