Red Dead Redemption 2

Red Dead Redemption 2 Title Update 1.31 Adds Official FSR 2.0 Support

-Reflex has been implemented to reduce lag on gamepad only (this does not apply to those playing with mouse & keyboard input)
-Improvements have been made to Temporal Anti-Aliasing (TAA)
-AMD FidelityX Super Resolution (FSR) 2.0 has been implemented

Additionally, new content and features have been added to both PC and consoles...full patch notes at the link below...

https://support.rockstargames.com/a.../RDR2-Title-Update-1-31-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One-PC

Being a plebian fuck who still has a GTX 1080 and hasn't used DLSS, it's violently jarring how much better FSR 2.0 is than the game's TAA.

To my eyes, it's considerably sharper even on performance and obviously higher performance.

Tech is dope for real

I started A Better World, A New Friend, shit, how hard is it to get the perfect rabbit, fucking rabbit, I worked like a fool... will it be even harder later?

Being a plebian fuck who still has a GTX 1080 and hasn't used DLSS, it's violently jarring how much better FSR 2.0 is than the game's TAA.

To my eyes, it's considerably sharper even on performance and obviously higher performance.

Tech is dope for real
I tried dlss with the rtx 3060 but I'm not really satisfied, somehow it's better without dlss.

This means very little without an explanation why.
I somehow reduced it, I don't really like it, I think it's ok and everything, but it's still different, more like a movie, I tried the quality but I don't get much better performance at all.Maybe 5-10 fps.
I play on 27" 1080p

I somehow reduced it, I don't really like it, I think it's ok and everything, but it's still different, more like a movie, I tried the quality but I don't get much better performance at all.Maybe 5-10 fps.
I play on 27" 1080p
Its not so good at lower res, perhaps that part of the problem.

I started A Better World, A New Friend, shit, how hard is it to get the perfect rabbit, fucking rabbit, I worked like a fool... will it be even harder later?
It's a pain, but gets a smidge easier when you use the right weapon.

I think you need to smack it in the head with a varmint rifle or bow with small game.

And still not every one will be perfect.

I think you need to smack it in the head with a varmint rifle or bow with small game.

And still not every one will be perfect.
It's a pain, but gets a smidge easier when you use the right weapon.
I know you should use a varmint rifle, I watched it on youtube, but they are fucking fast and it's hard to aim the head, I only managed from a horse.
And what increases to be more perfect (legendary buck and similar), I looked and I have that

I have never really played the game, but I own it for some odd reason and I think it looks good running FRS 2.0 myself, youtube buffer messed up my video.

Are you not using dead eye?
Normally I use dead eye.
What a rude game, I don't know how they managed to do it.
So I need a perfect woodpecker, it's fucking hard to find them and they rarely spawn, out of the three pieces I killed, not one was perfect, only two stars.:banghead:
I have no more nerves and will,fucking woodpeckers
Does anyone know where there are the most of them, I've been to three locations but I've only found them in one and barely.

Do you have the Buck Antler Trinket? If not, you should get it.

I found mine along the Dakota River bend that loops out east before it empties into the lake.

Do you have the Buck Antler Trinket? If not, you should get it.

I found mine along the Dakota River bend that loops out east before it empties into the lake.
I have that trinket.
I think it doesn't matter where you hit it with the small game arrow, here the problem is obviously that all three were immediately with 2 stars and not with 3, disaster.
That, all living and non-living animals pour out to me, but what I'm really looking for then won't.

What's worse, the fucking bird will not sit anywhere, but mostly in flight.

i can't believe they actually fixed those irritating HDR issues on pc. figured they were done and moving on from ever updating rdr2.

i can't believe they actually fixed those irritating HDR issues on pc. figured they were done and moving on from ever updating rdr2.
they fixed the crash but didnt fix how shitty it looks, at least i couldnt/cant get it to look right....

re FSR2, gave me a good bump in fps with very little change in looks. only thing i notice is that power/telegram wires are now twice as thick!?
1440/high vs 1440/high w/FRS(set to quality, default slider) vs 1440/high w/FRS(set to quality, slider upped to 50%)
1663025581103.png

Finally got rid of a perfect opossum, after 5+ hours, 5+ killed opossums with 1 or 2 stars, one was with three and as I shot and was no longer with 3 stars.

In the end, I killed the perfect one at blackwater, i.e. beachers hope, and the game only told me that when I picked up the corpse.I skin it and nothing,the wildlife doesn't throw out the notification that I collected them all, only later when I picked up the corpse.😖

The game is still full of bugs unfortunately.:confused:

Are you sure you are using the right gun and going for the red spot on it?

It was pretty straight forward for me. Especially after realizing they kept nocturnal and would play dead if scared.

Are you sure you are using the right gun and going for the red spot on it?

It was pretty straight forward for me. Especially after realizing they kept nocturnal and would play dead if scared.
What a horror, but what problems did I have with skunks, I killed somewhere over 17 of them, and I screwed up and with two bullets I killed the one that was perfect, a disaster... and in the end I barely found a perfect one, I examined everything alive...nowhere more perfect, everything with one or two stars
And the beaver and the bat tormented me as well.For the beaver you have to pick up the carcass, if you lose the carcass, that's it.
The horror of how I struggled to solve all these tasks, and then that idiot who fights fur hunters appears, and the game is completely messed up.
I already think I've lost the corpses I've already picked up.
The horror of how buggy the game has become.

I know how to use a varmint rifle and a bow and arrow, that's mostly not a problem.
The problem is if you screw up the shot on, say, a skunk, because you won't easily find another perfect one.

I see that there is a sequel to its art trophy,you have to look for the stuffed squirrel in different places and then place it again.

Last edited:
Weird.. sure I wasn't tripping over 3-star animals everywhere I walked, but certainly wasn't so rare I would call it 'the horror'.

Presumably you have the Buck Antler Trinket?

Weird.. sure I wasn't tripping over 3-star animals everywhere I walked, but certainly wasn't so rare I would call it 'the horror'.

Presumably you have the Buck Antler Trinket?
I have a trinket, I mostly solved it, now my next quest is 🐿️ with a gun
I guess I will do that this weekend, the studio speakers have also arrived, so I want to connect them as well.
I have some problems with the game stuttering, this ryzen keeps screwing up, if I had time to mess around I would switch to my favorite intel.

is there an option in the bios to turn off HT on the ryzen 2700x, maybe that would boost the game? as if I saw that option in the bios

Hunting was one of the most tedious things in this game. I think I did enough to get all the upgrades and that was it.
Well, to brag, I killed a perfect cougar, close to home, and sold the fur.
By the way, I still have a lot of things locked away for craft, but I don't believe that I will go after everything, I made several pieces of clothing, hats, animal boots, etc.

The worst thing is that I don't know how to play dominoes and poker. I know a little about ajnc (blackjack), but I also don't know the details of the rules. I know that if you go over 21, you lose.And that's all I know, nothing more.

I tried turning off SMT on ryzen 2700x, I made a benchmark from the game rdr2 with SMT ON and SMT OFF and there is no difference, very small, practically in 1fps... it seems that SMT or HT (Hyper-Threading) has no effect on this game.

Last edited:
Well, to brag, I killed a perfect cougar, close to home, and sold the fur.
By the way, I still have a lot of things locked away for craft, but I don't believe that I will go after everything, I made several pieces of clothing, hats, animal boots, etc.

The worst thing is that I don't know how to play dominoes and poker. I know a little about ajnc (blackjack), but I also don't know the details of the rules. I know that if you go over 21, you lose.And that's all I know, nothing more.

I tried turning off SMT on ryzen 2700x, I made a benchmark from the game rdr2 with SMT ON and SMT OFF and there is no difference, very small, practically in 1fps... it seems that SMT or HT (Hyper-Threading) has no effect on this game.
Did SMT off help at all with game stuttering for you?

Did SMT off help at all with game stuttering for you?
no, it's obvious until the game then and processor garbage , on the benchmark from the game I have a minimum of 54fps, a maximum of 83 and avg 67, whatever I do, I turn off rBAR, SMT on or off, etc. now it's always in that range,
varies up to 1fps
To hell with the processor and the game, garbage from the processor, I'm a fool why I didn't buy an Intel 10400f and now I wouldn't have problems like with this garbage, which is in the same range as a 10-year-old Intel 2600k, i.e. it's even worse than it because the intel 2600k works at 5GHz and this garbage doesn't even go to 4GHz all cores.
Let them shut down already amd, they are constantly on the brink of collapse and never close.
So we only have intel and that's it,intel processors for the poor and for the elite and that's it.

What lol, the market economy no longer exists, there is no more competition or freedom.
If there was only intel and nvidia it would be best for everyone.
Not only is my processor garbage, but the motherboard is even bigger garbage, at least then it will die and black out, but it won't... it will black out when the warranty expires.
They set the processor and motherboard to work even when they are damaged and in the end you can't even advertise.
I'm a fool, why didn't I buy an intel i5 10400f and a solid b460 board and then the processor wouldn't burn vrm like this garbage from amd.
All week I hope to play a little over the weekend and in the end nothing.

Last edited:
Not only is my processor garbage, but the motherboard is even bigger garbage, at least then it will die and black out, but it won't... it will black out when the warranty expires.
Weird. Is that a RDR2 online quest or something?

Weird. Is that a RDR2 online quest or something?
no, story mode singleplayer....and nothing, I lower the clock to 4000mhz (and in automatic mode the clock rises to 3.99ghz for all cores) and remove 2x16 gb of memory, that's what follows...maybe it's a problem that ddr4 memories are not 100 percent equal, one is micron, the other hynix...so maybe that's why the picture jerks a bit in the game

I solved the horseman challenge, I found practically all the horses in the vicinity of tumbleweed and armadilla.
I couldn't find practically anything in those places that they posted for the tutorial(https://reddead.fandom.com/wiki/100%_Completion_(RDR2), it was all done 3 years ago and is no longer 100% current at all.

There are people like me though who can't play the first day the game comes out.
You need to be able to afford a computer and graphics card to play such a game, for example, on high details and in a decent framerate.
Not to mention 2K and 4K resolutions .

What lol, the market economy no longer exists, there is no more competition or freedom.
If there was only intel and nvidia it would be best for everyone.
They set the processor and motherboard to work even when they are damaged and in the end you can't even advertise.
I'm a fool, why didn't I buy an intel i5 10400f and a solid b460 board and then the processor wouldn't burn vrm like this garbage from amd.
All week I hope to play a little over the weekend and in the end nothing.
In case this is a big hurdle for you, you can spend $150 now, and upgrade to 5600, or alternatively like me spend double that, go to 5800X3D and get double FPS to be up to speed with modern processors, only a few percent off 13900.

Herbalist challenge, I collected 42/43 plants and I don't know what I'm missing now, I can't believe how stupid they did it.At least it says somewhere which plant I'm missing, but nothing.:mad:
Does anyone know what to do?
I know that I could have sold those orchids somewhere, but I don't know where anymore, wherever I go I can't sell them.
I collected all the plants from the list and I don't know what I'm missing anymore, I have them all.😡

Another nonsense, the legendary cougar, the first time I hit it with a poison arrow, but before it could do anything, it jumped on me and killed me.
On the map it shows as if I killed her and she is crossed, however I don't have her fur or anything and I can't get the trinket. Finally I went to that place again and she spawned again and then I killed her with the shotgun and now it worked for me, really nonsense.

Wait until you get to tussle with the legendary Giaguaro Panther. lol

Back