Red Dead Redemption 2

Finally got it done! Honestly after the gambler-dominoes roadblock the rest were massively more easy.

Seems grizzlies only need one poison knife in the face to kill without you taking damage.. assuming you don't care for the pelt.
Made the Vanhorn to Blackwater run in 13.5minutes on a non-arabian.
Wrangled all but two of horses in new Austin.
Cheesed the train robberies with tickets between Emerald and Valentine and swiping a can of food in the last compartment.

What a heck'n good game.

View attachment 594231
Congrats!

Can RDR2 really be about 5 years old now?

So with some of the newer advancements in graphics/tech, I thought I'd give ol' Cyberpunk 2077 a try since it's coming up in the forums with new advances in graphic features and capability. Taking out the gameplay/story (which i've really tried to like), just wondering if these advances are any better than what I'm still experiencing in Red Dead 2. Keep in mind my rig is getting long in the tooth, so maybe my hardware can't keep up and i'm not seeing what others are. With that said, I'm not as impressed with what i'm seeing from a game that's a couple years newer than Red Dead. CP graphics are not bad by any means, but I still get blown away on some of the graphic capability of RDR2. I haven't had that awe with CP2077 yet.

5 years old? 6 years old? Quick Google search shows the game came out on November 5th 2019 for the PC so it's about to be 4 years old.

5 years old? 6 years old? Quick Google search shows the game came out on November 5th 2019 for the PC so it's about to be 4 years old.
it was released in 2016, and i dont think it was upgraded for PC on initial release, just ported. i could be wrong.

To me, one thing Rockstar has always done well = animations. People and objects move in a realistic manner. Even when your FPS aren't great the lifelike animation makes the graphics look better than they are. That's not to say that things don't get janky here and there, but their worlds often feel more alive because of how things are moving around.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
you know you can just copy and paste pics into the text window, right? no need for external hosts...
mostly I know, but then the image is over the entire screen and takes up a lot of space, and I won't do that
I don't know if that's allowed, considering that there is still bad and slow internet, and I'm the one with slow internet, and then the picture loads slowly, I put it like this so who wants to look at it and who won't skip it

mostly I know, but then the image is over the entire screen and takes up a lot of space, and I won't do that
I don't know if that's allowed, considering that there is still bad and slow internet, and I'm the one with slow internet, and then the picture loads slowly, I put it like this so who wants to look at it and who won't skip it
just click the "thumbnail" button or resize it in the text box....

is the cactus to add "western ambiance" while playin?

My Arabian horse is already whinnying in complaint for being ten feet near it and nearly bucked me off.

maxresdefault.jpg

just click the "thumbnail" button or resize it in the text box....

Yes,western touch, mexico and all:D and I guess I love cactus even from before
I had another horse accidentally killed by a train and now I don't have any Arabians and the like anymore, I stole that working horse next to that shop or railway station, the one that pulls that little cart for transport.

Last edited:
I only started playing RDR2 in Nov, and I'm fascinated with how it looks. I never played RDR so I can't compare the gameplay, but I'm loving RDR2 so far. Yeah, the NPCs have their quirks, and maybe they could act a bit more realistic, but whatever. I'm really enjoying the countryside without the annoyances of actually making it out there. It trips me out seeing animals doing their thing. I've even seen birds standing with their wings wide open doing their show bird thing. I saw a rabbit jump in a puddle and scare all the ducks away. Makes me wonder if the animals loop at all.

I only started playing RDR2 in Nov, and I'm fascinated with how it looks. I never played RDR so I can't compare the gameplay, but I'm loving RDR2 so far. Yeah, the NPCs have their quirks, and maybe they could act a bit more realistic, but whatever. I'm really enjoying the countryside without the annoyances of actually making it out there. It trips me out seeing animals doing their thing. I've even seen birds standing with their wings wide open doing their show bird thing. I saw a rabbit jump in a puddle and scare all the ducks away. Makes me wonder if the animals loop at all.
Yeah, that is one of the best parts of the game. The wild life, weather, nature and etc is just on another level.

Reactions: horse
like this
If you guys have a solid HDR monitor, walking through the forrest with HDR on during a storm is absolutely wild.

That was a nice touch by the devs. Wait until you see a hawk or eagle snatch up a rabbit or snake in front of you. Ha!
I have yet to see anything like that, I did however run over a turkey once with my horse!:ROFLMAO:
I thought the Albert Mason wildlife photography quests were pretty funny. Was kinda hoping he'd keep popping up with more stuff, but I think I've exhausted the questline.

There's a million random little details and encounters. The level of detail in this game is seriously peerless. It's pretty absurd just how far they go.

You can watch people cut food because of course they animated that, hammer individual nails because you better believe they animated that, and tons of other little interactions.

If you guys have a solid HDR monitor, walking through the forrest with HDR on during a storm is absolutely wild.

Just recently tried HDR and walked though Saint Denis at night. It's amazing.

The street lights just pop in this uncanny kind of way. It sounds really simple, but when you see it, it's just like oh shit.

If anyone is using HDR in this game though, make sure to set it to Game mode in the HDR options. Cinematic is basically broken and I don't know why they even have it.

Random as far as I can tell. Way up north west in the snow is where I saw the hawk/eagle snatch up a rabbit.

Near the west lake I saw the hawk with a snake and shot them down.
Haha they’re just living life and then a bullet out of nowhere.

Haha they’re just living life and then a bullet out of nowhere.
I figure if that philosophy applies to me and the bullet being cougars or panthers then I can enforce that with other animals down the food chain.

Another hilarious setup is pile up animal carcasses on the road near that western lake. I was trying to attract bird of prey for a challenge. Get downwind, crouch, and watch what the game spawns to wander over and have a munch or two on the meat mountain. Just keep your head on a swivel for surprise wolves.

Also NPC wagons hate hitting that mound.

I figure if that philosophy applies to me and the bullet being cougars or panthers then I can enforce that with other animals down the food chain.

Another hilarious setup is pile up animal carcasses on the road near that western lake. I was trying to attract bird of prey for a challenge. Get downwind, crouch, and watch what the game spawns to wander over and have a munch or two on the meat mountain. Just keep your head on a swivel for surprise wolves.

Also NPC wagons hate hitting that mound.
This is the kind of stuff that makes rockstar so good. So much replay ability

Red Dead Redemption 2 Title Update 1.32

Game Stability and Performance (PC)

-Fixed various issues that would result in the game crashing or failing to launch
-Fixed an issue that resulted in Offline Mode not working due to Windows 11 updates
-Fixed an issue that resulted in crashes after reporting other players
-Fixed issues that resulted in Offline Mode not working correctly
-Added support for HDR10+ GAMING, this will automatically set game graphics in HDR for HDR10+ GAMING displays on compatible graphics cards and monitors connected via HDMI
-Updated AMD Fidelity Super Resolution (FSR) libraries to version 2.2
-Fixed an issue that resulted in 3200x2400 resolution being unavailable

and more...full patch notes at link below...

https://support.rockstargames.com/a...ion-2-Title-Update-1-32-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One-PC

I wonder if this fixes the game crashing on FSR 2 Balanced.

Wasted a couple hours figuring that shit out a while back

ooooh, i wonder if the hdr is actually working properly now. last time i tried, it was quite a while ago, it was all washed out and grainy....

-Added support for HDR10+ GAMING, this will automatically set game graphics in HDR for HDR10+ GAMING displays on compatible graphics cards and monitors connected via HDMI

would have been better if they added Dolby Vision support over HDR10+

Anyone else having trouble updating? First time I tried it just sat there for over 5 minutes on the updating launcher screen. I closed it and restarted and then it went to my games but never started the download. Restarted again and same thing with it not starting the download. Fourth damn time and finally started downloading but was crawling and was going to take 4 days for the small patch. Fifth time and sixth time and it is doing what it did the first time being stuck on the updating launcher screen.

EDIT: I had to delete and reinstall the Rockstar Launcher and then it finally worked. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Anyone else having trouble updating? First time I tried it just sat there for over 5 minutes on the updating launcher screen. I closed it and restarted and then it went to my games but never started the download. Restarted again and same thing with it not starting the download. Fourth damn time and finally started downloading but was crawling and was going to take 4 days for the small patch. Fifth time and sixth time and it is doing what it did the first time being stuck on the updating launcher screen.

EDIT: I had to delete and reinstall the Rockstar Launcher and then it finally worked. :rolleyes:

Was about to say, my update flew.... But, I had just reinstalled the Rockstar Launcher like a month ago..

Back