Appreciate the Assistance (Recommend me a QHD or 4K Display please!)

bob4432

Limp Gawd
Looking to update my display and wanted WQHD resolution paired with a small physical size (30" or less).

Use will be surfing, 3d modeling, movie watching, office, Adobe Suite & AAA gaming titles.

Machine Specs:

x570 MB, 5600X CPU, 32GB RAM, SK HYNIX GEN3 X4 2TB NVMe SSD & a SAPPHIRE RX580 8GB GPU (I plan to upgrade the GPU soon)

Now the kicker - I am cheap and want to stay as close as $200 as possible.

Thank you for all the suggestion!

After much thought and looking at a lot of monitors.

I think the best option would be to go with a 4K display. After all the looking, a 2560x1440 would still be giving my RX580 NITRO 8GB card issues, so I feel now I would be wasting $ @ that resolution.

My specs for a 4K display would be no larger than 30” (with a possible exception if the display is such a good deal), small/very small frame, all digital inputs, VESA mount, speakers - they will be used for zoom only, so importance is not a big deal, so please don't let them sway a suggestion. Last color - black w/ black stand w/ exception being if the brand is a different color, please no red/black or anything else black or even a charcoal grey works great for me.

Questions for the forum:

GSync / FreeSync - Necessary? Currently AMD or NVIDIA Specific?

TN or IPS Panel - Make much of a difference or is it even an option @ $300?

Refresh - 60Hz / 144Hz - option @ $300 and if so, can you really tell?

HDR - I will be watching UHD movies on this but again, $300 - is it an option and how much can you tell. I have all the movies or will be buying all the UHDs I watch, so the movies will not be compressed or if they are figure I will encode them @ ~5GB/HR

Would like to spend south of $300 if possible.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Bob

After an exhausting GPU & Display search, I opted for a 2560x1440 Acer Nitro VG270U which Newegg had for $220, which ended up being a bit more than I originally wanted to spend but seemed like a fair price (especially compared to Amazon 😳).

The GPU search really opened my eyes - I feel in the near future I can acquire a GPU that will push the display to what it can handle, but not a 4K display. I had a couple GPU prices over the past months and looking back now, should have jumped on them, but I did not - my bad.

Maybe in the future I can find an appropriate GPU, but that is a maybe and if that happens I will pick up 4K display then.

Last edited:
Back