Recertified Amazon Echo Show 5 (2021 Model), $36.99

Zepher

[H]ipster Replacement
Just saw that Amazon has recertified Show 5's for $36.99. Should look new and comes with same warranty as a new unit.
https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Refurbished-release-display-Charcoal/dp/B08KJPTY7M

"A Certified Refurbished Echo Show 5 is refurbished, tested, and certified to look and work like new and comes with the same limited warranty as a new device.
Certified Refurbished Amazon devices may be packaged in generic Amazon-branded boxes."

1662922952117.png

I have a few of them and use them as clocks and alarms, and they notify me when packages arrive, or someone is at the door (have a Ring Doorbell).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
[Chorus: Michael Jackson and Rockwell]
I always feel like somebody's watchin' me
And I have no privacy (Oh-oh-oh)
I always feel like somebody's watchin' me
Tell me, is it just a dream?

:ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Solid deal though otherwise as 50% off is quite nice and you can't even get a nice alarm clock for that much these days...

I think my phone already listening to me is enough. These things remind me of this meme.

View attachment 509161

Out of all of our corporate overlords, I would choose Amazon last to record the wife and I banging as well.
Yeah, I always wonder how if you wanted to make the ultimate mass surveillance system to know the interests, connections, movements, and more about every single individual in the world, it could be any better than today's social media. :banghead::banghead:

Eh, I'm not sure that this is actually that great of a deal. It has a microscopic 5.5" screen which is even smaller than many/most phone screens these days. For just a few dollars more you can get a full-blown 8" FireHD tablet that can perform all of the same functions and more.

https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Refurbished-designed-portable-entertainment/dp/B07WTJYS9Q
The Echo 5's screen size is great for its intended purpose as a small voice controlled clock/info device. And I am pretty sure the audio quality is much much better on the Echo than that tablet, if you wanted to listen to music or make phone calls, which this can do.
I can lie in my bed and tell it to call someone and it calls them and I talk from my bed and the sound quality both ways is great.

IMG_2385.JPEG

And I have one in my office,
IMG_2995.JPEG

Last edited:
I think my phone already listening to me is enough. These things remind me of this meme.

View attachment 509161

Out of all of our corporate overlords, I would choose Amazon last to record the wife and I banging as well.
Yeah, but my wiretaps sound pretty damn good for their size - especially in the bathroom!

Yeah, but my wiretaps sound pretty damn good for their size - especially in the bathroom!
Lol, if I had an Echo tablet in my bathroom, I would be asking Alexa to check me for hemorrhoids every day just so I can imagine the creeper's face when he comes across my account inquires at some point.

Lol, if I had an Echo tablet in my bathroom, I would be asking Alexa to check me for hemorrhoids every day just so I can imagine the creeper's face when he comes across my account inquires at some point.
Don't assume that innie-cameras wont come to these someday. :)

Back