Realtek 8822BU wireless + Bluetooth driver - Nonexistent? -- SOLVED!

DWD1961

[H]ard|Gawd
It's nowhere to be found. Realtek doesn't even list it on their site.

Anyone shed any light on this nebulous chip set?

I got the Windows drivers to work.

I had to disable the internal adapter's Bluetooth driver in Devices first. Then reboot and plug the dongle in. Works great now.

I did have to re-pair my devices, but it works. What an assache. I hope others find this helpful out in cyber reality.

InstallSolved.PNG

Last edited:
Seems to be an OEM chip. Where did you get it from, do they have any drivers?
Might be better to look at 3rd party sites, though everything looks 2 or 3 years old. Try one of these maybe? https://www.station-drivers.com/ind...rase=all&Itemid=101&option=com_search&lang=en
Oh the Amazon vendor has a driver they will gladly send you in email or you can download from their Google Drive. That just sent up red flags for me. I also figured it was some sort of OEM chip, and the manufacturers who sell it are responsible for the drivers.

The drivers that the Amazon vendor supplies says that they are Realtek in the details tab after looking at ts properties.

^^^that. realtek says its wlan only. got a hardware id?
Yeah it's strange. I have one that is a combo chip using WiFi and BT 5, and it reports the same ID in Windows: 8822BU for WiFi and BT. The BT only version also says 8822BU when reporting in Windows.

I can plug it back in and get the hardware ID if you want?

Yeah it's strange. I have one that is a combo chip using WiFi and BT 5, and it reports the same ID in Windows: 8822BU for WiFi and BT. The BT only version also says 8822BU when reporting in Windows.

I can plug it back in and get the hardware ID if you want?
weird.
sure, why not. ill take a look for ya.

weird.
sure, why not. ill take a look for ya.
OK, so here are the two entries for this particular device. It's a USB WiFi/BT combination dongle.

BLUETOOTH and as you can see, it has a driver problem. Windows can't find a compatible driver.
Id =
USB\VID_0BDA&PID_B82C&REV_0210&MI_00
USB\VID_0BDA&PID_B82C&MI_00

1607822456986.png

WiFi entry from the same Dongle. The reason it works without the RT driver is because the driver it is using is the MS driver.
ids=
USB\VID_0BDA&PID_B82C&REV_0210&MI_02
USB\VID_0BDA&PID_B82C&MI_02

1607822517879.png

yeah those are two different id's but come back to just the wlan card. what make/model device are you working on? youre probably gonna need to go to the oem. maybe try force feeding one like this:
Realtek BlueTooth Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Desktop, WorkStation - Lenovo Support CA
I have the driver. I had to download it from the amazon vendors google drive -- lol. It was a Vine free for review item. I'm not using it unless I have too, such as losing my intrnal card or something like that. It's just an emergency backup.

The driver for the 8812bu might work, if you can install it and it recognizes the chip. These's a linux driver floating around, too, but that doesn't really help.

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8812bu-software
I have the 12 driver installed. I had to install it for another WiFi dongle becasue I was getting 3000ms latency spikes. The vendor said to ditch the MS drivers because that's what will happen, and install the Realtek, which are from 217. Shame n MS. I didn't try t use it on the 22.

Last edited:
Back