Ready or Not: a new tactical FPS

I like games you can choose team size. 2 4 8. My son and I play king of kill all the time because it is us as a team. It is not the greatest game but it is fun

interesting...

upload_2017-5-6_13-28-43.png

They mention a lot of promising features, but they'll heavily game-ify those few realistic aspects. And the gameplay won't be true to the genre outside of those few game-ified bullet points. The game will also likely be low budget and of horrible quality. At this point I think the genre is dead and never coming back. I don't think it is niche enough to get the funding needed. The moment someone sees a shooter with a gun in it, they will ask "why not copy CoD/CS and make more money?".

They mention a lot of promising features, but they'll heavily game-ify those few realistic aspects. And the gameplay won't be true to the genre outside of those few game-ified bullet points. The game will also likely be low budget and of horrible quality. At this point I think the genre is dead and never coming back. I don't think it is niche enough to get the funding needed. The moment someone sees a shooter with a gun in it, they will ask "why not copy CoD/CS and make more money?".

I'm trying to be optimistic. If you go to their website and click on the News tab, it's a SWAT 4 players wet dream. If they can deliver what they promise, it could be a great game. That said, I'll absolutely not get into another Takedown situation. No crowd funding, no pre-orders. They can have my money only when they deliver a quality product. If the game is crap, nothing ventured, nothing gained... but until then I'm going to be optimistic. I want to believe there is life in this genre somewhere. The only thing I can hope for is that the somewhat unexpected success of R6: Siege was enough to spark interest in other tactical shooters. And I know Siege isn't tactical like we want it to be, and it's a far cry from the R6 of old, but it's sure as shit closer than COD. It's a start...

Yeah, when I saw the new devblog I was very happy. At one point I saw the words "report dead suspect" on screen, good stuff! Seems like they are leaning more towards Swat 4, which is exactly what I want.

Pre-order will be up in July with released planned for November. Short interview up here:
https://nofrag.com/2014/06/03/115500/

Looks like this may finally be a playable game for those looking for a SWAT/R6 sequel over the past decade.

If anything the artwork and motion capturing looks amazing. Animations are done at 240 frame rates:

AI suspects will also roll into cover, act startled if caught off guard, feign dropping weapon/surrendering (like SWAT games). Ricochets and lots of environmental dust/debris kick up as well.

At the minimum, it is looking pretty good and enemy AI looks fun to shoot at the minimum. That makes it better than any recent attempts of these kinds of game.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Pre-order will be up in July with released planned for November. Short interview up here:
https://nofrag.com/2014/06/03/115500/

Looks like this may finally be a playable game for those looking for a SWAT/R6 sequel over the past decade.

If anything the artwork and motion capturing looks amazing. Animations are done at 240 frame rates:

AI suspects will also roll into cover, act startled if caught off guard, feign dropping weapon/surrendering (like SWAT games). Ricochets and lots of environmental dust/debris kick up as well.

At the minimum, it is looking pretty good and enemy AI looks fun to shoot at the minimum. That makes it better than any recent attempts of these kinds of game.

This might just be my most anticipated game... ever.

For the love of all that is good in this world, don't fuck this up.

Back