Rare Arc A770 LE Scavenger Hunt GPU

erek

[H]F Junkie
Kinda neat it seems?

1668313008011.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2041509529...6K9wklS/pKhypqsXGqEqjwOQ==|tkp:Bk9SR8r9mvONYQ

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I mean, it's a box and a printed certificate (not even a low number). It's not even a special edition version. But looks like there's some people willing to pay well over retail for it.

Reactions: erek
like this
I was wondering this myself... I was hoping to get one next summer to play around with one. Just to support competition in the GPU space. RTX 3070-ish performance in DX12/Vulkan RT games for $350 + tax? Sign me up - as long as it isn't my primary GPU. Intel's driver team has much work to do...

like this
I know Microcenter has 'em. One by me sold out of A770 pretty quick but they've had A750 in-stock steadily.
Kinda want to pick up a 770 if/when MC gets more, seems like a good card for my content creation system.
AV1 encoding at that price is pretty nice.

I read about someone trying to use it with plex for transcoding and not being very happy, something about quicksync not working on it.

Last edited:
The one I saw was more recent and they wanted to use quickcsync on an old server to do more 4k to 1080p and 1080p to 480p transcodes than his old server cpu could do. It performed worse than a modded 1050ti in that it can't do as many concurrent streams.

like this
The one I saw was more recent and they wanted to use quickcsync on an old server to do more 4k to 1080p and 1080p to 480p transcodes than his old server cpu could do. It performed worse than a modded 1050ti in that it can't do as many concurrent streams.
Really? Can you dig it up? I have a 9900KS on it so I could just use the CPU if it is that bad. I should probably cancel my NewEgg order...

EDIT: canceled. Really just wanted to play with something new, lol. I’ll continue to casually look for a buyer for my 3080.

Last edited:
like this
Nice. Does it work with Plex per chance? I haven't been able to find anything via Google. Not a good prognosis. I have an RTX 3080 in my Plex box (lol) that I could "downgrade".
Mine is still boxed up. All of my devices can direct play the media and I don't stream outside of the network and I am also the only user so don't need to worry about transcoding or multiple transcodes.

The Larrabee looked much sleeker imo, I don't think Arcs with fetch nearly quite as much at auction.
Arc was actually released. Larrabee was never released. As few of the arc cards as there are they aren't actually that rare. Larrabee is not comparable in terms of auction price. They had a small handful of engineering samples of larrabee and that is all. The odd one that goes for 5k at auction is one of a handful of working cards. The Arc cards will never be collectors items there is just too many of them. They may sell over MSRP as a novelty for a little bit, but I imagine that will dry up then they will basically be worthless. They don't have a unique cool factor some of the old 90s odd small run IDE and PCI cards have.

I just checked, the latest beta drivers were released on 10/27. You'd think they would be releasing them a little faster then that knowing the condition of them.

Last edited:
like this
I just checked, the latest beta drivers were released on 10/27. You'd think they would be releasing them a little faster than that knowing the condition of them.

The latest beta drivers took me about an hour to install just doing an upgrade from the last non-beta release. I should have checked the firmware before and after to see if it did some sort of firmware upgrade because for about 20 minutes I just had a pure white screen with only the mouse pointer. In the future I'm staying away from the beta releases unless I really need them to fix an issue.

Arc was actually released. Larrabee was never released. As few of the arc cards as there are they aren't actually that rare. Larrabee is not comparable in terms of auction price. They had a small handful of engineering samples of larrabee and that is all. The odd one that goes for 5k at auction is one of a handful of working cards. The Arc cards will never be collectors items there is just too many of them. They may sell over MSRP as a novelty for a little bit, but I imagine that will dry up then they will basically be worthless. They don't have a unique cool factor some of the old 90s odd small run IDE and PCI cards have.
Yes I know it was released. My post was half in jest, as was the post I was replying to lol

Back