Raptoreum CPU mining earning $5.50/day right now on 5950X

What do you mean by that? It has a hybrid algorithm of x16r and CryptoNight (and probably other things). But I still can't see it being a good thing to have 1 pool controlling 80% of the hash rate unless I'm missing something.

Isn't it a hybrid coin though

Ok...I read up on it a little more. I guess there are smart nodes that you can stake to (1000 RTM minimum?). So in order to compromise the network, you'd have to control 51% of the mining and 60% of the smart nodes.

I guess the problem is that flockpool controls ~80% of the mining and iNodez controls the bulk of the smart nodes (not sure on a percentage).

It's weird they changed the default pool in the miner's config from R-pool initially to flockpool. Maybe they are going to change the default pool every few release to spread things out? Not sure what the thought process is behind the change.

Makes no difference where it ends up and in what wallet, whether on an exchange or on someone's personal wallet.
Wallet bloat on the exchange wallet is the problem. Too many small UTXOs leads them having to put the daemon into maintenance and delays the user experience for deposits and withdrawals.

This is your knownledge level of this matter.. great..

Do me a favor. Go mine $20 in ETH. Do it to your wallet. Now try to cash out.

Enjoying your $5?

Some of us aren't in it because we "believe in the coin".

I just deposited ~7000 RTM into iNodez. Interested to see what the staking rewards are like.

Do me a favor. Go mine $20 in ETH. Do it to your wallet. Now try to cash out.

Enjoying your $5?

Some of us aren't in it because we "believe in the coin".
Really? Talking about eth in rtm topic.. :) good for you :) so.. do me a favor and go talk with eth miners :p this is rtm related topic..

Really? Talking about eth in rtm topic.. :) good for you :) so.. do me a favor and go talk with eth miners :p this is rtm related topic..

In fairness, first you brought up "mining etiquette" relating to mining to an exchange address which wasn't RTM related either. The subsequent off topic conversation was due to your off topic post.

Last edited:
In fairness, first you brought up "mining etiquette" relating to mining to an exchange address which wasn't RTM related either. The subsequent off topic conversation was due to your off topic post.
Sorry i didnt specify it in RTM related topic what i ment.. :) i guess peoples in these days gotta be reaaally specific so peoples actually seriously understands the case.. but anyways.. this is rtm topic and keep it in rtm..

there is a official discord channel from where u can all get these infos.. like mining directly to exchange wallet.. and some has blocked rtm because of peoples directly mining to exchange wallet.. and thats not cool..

tho if u wanna be THAT GUY... i guess u just have to be that guy..

I guess something that I was looking at was mining direct into iNodez for staking purposes. Doesn't actually stake until you got 1000 RTM.

Where people mine their tokens and store them has no result on you not being able to have nice things. None what so ever, so get over your self and this "mining etiquette" 99%+ of miners out there is doing it for profit, those who say they are doing it for the project ONLY, are full of it and are still doing it for profits. Watch a token tank and watch 99.99999% of all miners disappear.

Reactions: noko
like this
Please share your infinite knowledge then, why not go straight to an exchange if I am going to convert to another coin that I want more? There is a cost going to a wallet and then from the wallet to an exchange which I am saving on. Going to a wallet straight, which I do for coins I want to keep makes sense, not to ones I don't. Seems like some cluelessness, when I send to Coinbase ETH it is normally around $400, batching to save on transfers. Going to a wallet and then going to Coinbase would be stupid with double the charges - duh. I own my coins and work and will decide what I want to do. Your advice so far has zero merit.

Please share your infinite knowledge then, why not go straight to an exchange if I am going to convert to another coin that I want more? There is a cost going to a wallet and then from the wallet to an exchange which I am saving on. Going to a wallet straight, which I do for coins I want to keep makes sense, not to ones I don't. Seems like some cluelessness, when I send to Coinbase ETH it is normally around $400, batching to save on transfers. Going to a wallet and then going to Coinbase would be stupid with double the charges - duh. I own my coins and work and will decide what I want to do. Your advice so far has zero merit.

For ETH specifically the only reason I wouldn't do it is the paranoia that my wallet address will get recycled and I lose a $400 payout or that the transfer won't go through and I'll have to bump it, since a lot of exchanges require higher gas fees because they use smart contracts. For most other coins it's such a small transfer fee that I don't really notice one way or the other. I don't get where this etiquette argument is coming from though.

For ETH specifically the only reason I wouldn't do it is the paranoia that my wallet address will get recycled and I lose a $400 payout or that the transfer won't go through and I'll have to bump it, since a lot of exchanges require higher gas fees because they use smart contracts. For most other coins it's such a small transfer fee that I don't really notice one way or the other. I don't get where this etiquette argument is coming from though.
Basically if one is going to liquidate the coins, going to an exchange directly can be the cheapest, fastest route with less chance of an issue due to less steps involved. Of course a bad exchange, pool etc. can always cause issues due to theft or incompetence. These risks will sometimes play out unfortunately.

Basically if one is going to liquidate the coins, going to an exchange directly can be the cheapest, fastest route with less chance of an issue due to less steps involved. Of course a bad exchange, pool etc. can always cause issues due to theft or incompetence. These risks will sometimes play out unfortunately.
I have withdrawn crypto years after I stopped using the mining pool. It was below the withdraw limit at the time but ended up being a few hundred dollars when I pulled it out. If that was linked to an exchange I wouldnt have been able to do that.

Imo it is best practice to mine to a wallet. Things can go wrong and cause you to lose crypto on an exchange. Many exchanges kill old addresses if you were to generate a new one. Its also best practice to trust exchanges minimally, they can and will steal your crypto if the opportunity arises.

I have withdrawn crypto years after I stopped using the mining pool. It was below the withdraw limit at the time but ended up being a few hundred dollars when I pulled it out. If that was linked to an exchange I wouldnt have been able to do that.

Imo it is best practice to mine to a wallet. Things can go wrong and cause you to lose crypto on an exchange. Many exchanges kill old addresses if you were to generate a new one. Its also best practice to trust exchanges minimally, they can and will steal your crypto if the opportunity arises.
First good advice, yes I don't keep anything substantial on an exchange except maybe Coinbase for long periods of time. No I don't recommend using an exchange for long term or even medium term storage. Mine RTM, accumulate a batch, exchange for what I want either put in wallet or convert into $.

First good advice, yes I don't keep anything substantial on an exchange except maybe Coinbase for long periods of time. No I don't recommend using an exchange for long term or even medium term storage. Mine RTM, accumulate a batch, exchange for what I want either put in wallet or convert into $.

I mean that was my initial thought with RTM, but the price just started increasing. I transferred my RTM to iNodez for staking because the APR is obscene (40+%). I figure I didn't need to sell it right away, and if it ends up going somewhere, I'll have more of it.

Reactions: noko
like this
I have to say. I was kinda sleeping on this. Mostly because I don't have a place to fire up a bunch of mining rigs but today I was able to give it a shot and I'm honestly impressed.

This is a really cool algo! I like the idea of multiple algos alternating as I can't imagine anyone would make a asic for it as devs can just rotate the algos. Its also works well on some hardware that was previously obsolete with newer cryptonight.

I tested this out on a intel phi server (64 core 256 thread at 1.3 ghz). These servers have a normal amount of cache but have 16gb of mcdram on the chip thats pretty quick. I used them for miming the og cryptonight before they switched making high cache chips dominate.

I got ~3kh/s on 200w. Havent tuned them much and may still have issues fully utilizing them. I was astonished the miner was plug and play and managed to tune for these beasts successfully. Props to the devs for that. It's cool to see the miner jump between algos and go from 1.5khs to 6khs. I am still getting an issue utilizing msr, dispite running as sudo. Anyone know how I could solve that? I'm on Ubuntu 21.

I wonder if its possible to split up the job types at the network level and deligate the appropriate jobs to appropriate computers?

I have to say. I was kinda sleeping on this. Mostly because I don't have a place to fire up a bunch of mining rigs but today I was able to give it a shot and I'm honestly impressed.

This is a really cool algo! I like the idea of multiple algos alternating as I can't imagine anyone would make a asic for it as devs can just rotate the algos. Its also works well on some hardware that was previously obsolete with newer cryptonight.

I tested this out on a intel phi server (64 core 256 thread at 1.3 ghz). These servers have a normal amount of cache but have 16gb of mcdram on the chip thats pretty quick. I used them for miming the og cryptonight before they switched making high cache chips dominate.

I got ~3kh/s on 200w. Havent tuned them much and may still have issues fully utilizing them. I was astonished the miner was plug and play and managed to tune for these beasts successfully. Props to the devs for that. It's cool to see the miner jump between algos and go from 1.5khs to 6khs. I am still getting an issue utilizing msr, dispite running as sudo. Anyone know how I could solve that? I'm on Ubuntu 21.

I wonder if its possible to split up the job types at the network level and deligate the appropriate jobs to appropriate computers?
I'm running it, my main rig unfortunately gets pretty hot if i mine eth at the same time. Black friday provided me no solutions, maybe monday i can buy a new rig and get better mining out of eth and RTM.

I'm running it, my main rig unfortunately gets pretty hot if i mine eth at the same time. Black friday provided me no solutions, maybe monday i can buy a new rig and get better mining out of eth and RTM.
You doing eth on a separate GPU yes? Sounds like more fan-age is required. Or is this a laptop?

What hashrate on what hardware?

You doing eth on a separate GPU yes? Sounds like more fan-age is required. Or is this a laptop?

What hashrate on what hardware?
Yea the node 202 case is the problem. Scant hardware for sale out there right now, crazy times.

I have a new CPU that will not take the MSR mod at startup (Intel 12900k). Is that normal for Intel? I enabled large page support and that works, but the MSR won't take no matter what I do even running as administrator, etc. I also moved to Win11, so I'm not sure if that's the problem.

Edit: I've played with it for a few days and still can't figure it out. Looking around online it says a 12900k should do 2KH and that's about what I get without MSR enabled.

Last edited:
I have a new CPU that will not take the MSR mod at startup (Intel 12900k). Is that normal for Intel? I enabled large page support and that works, but the MSR won't take no matter what I do even running as administrator, etc. I also moved to Win11, so I'm not sure if that's the problem.

Edit: I've played with it for a few days and still can't figure it out. Looking around online it says a 12900k should do 2KH and that's about what I get without MSR enabled.
It seems tricky to get MSR to start and I don't know if it's like this for anyone else. I have restart computer, quickly enter log in password in from Windows 10 and launch the miner as administrator. If you take too long entering your password it won't start with MSR.

Not Intel here but I have noticed that sometimes it doesn't start, so I quit and try again. Remember to run as admin of course.

My estimated profitability now is 3 cents every 24 hours. Difficulty ramped up to extreme.

At the time when this thread was started RTM mining was much easier to mine. Now its really not worth it on most computers. Even something with a 3900x, or a CPU with 16 or more threads you won't get much out of it. I'm glad started back in September, but I'm probably going to stop now.

I'm getting between 70-80 RTM a day with a 5950x and 3900xt which is probably a little less than $2/day with my electricity rates. I'll probably keep at it until I get to sub 50 a day unless the pricing substantially changes, but I plan to just hold the 6k or so I have long-term.

edit: actually I've made a bit under 100 in the last 24 hours

I've made a bit under 100 in the last 24 hours
Screenshot 2021-12-02 111113.png

Eight computers pretty much doing nothing but mining RTM. I am envious of your 100/day.

1638469446915.png
1638469508457.png

Here's what I'm getting from a 5950x, 5800x, and 5600x. The 5950x isn't 100% efficient, I actually work during the day and do some gaming at night. 5600x is in the server, and 5800x in the gf's pc.

Not sure if I posted about this yet, but I've tried out a few AMD Epyc builds. Some of the CPUs I got were 1.4GHz 7601 Engineering Samples and are kind of duds. The 1.9GHz versions I got perform about twice as well though and aren't so bad. Prices have dropped now so you can get similar ones for $250 / ea on ebay. Motherboards are the problem though, costing about $500-600 apiece with very little in the way of cheap, used options (I'm using the supermicro H11DSI motherboards, but also got some single CPU boards as well with 7551Ps). Additionally, my 1.4GHz ones are unstable with raptoreum and constantly reboot although they seemed pretty stable with monero.

Average hashrate reported by the pool is 6.5KH/s on my best performing rig. At 10 cents per kwh 2/3rds of the earnings would go towards power and 1/3 ($10-$15) per month would be profit. Monero hashrate would be 30kh/s for comparison with 2666MHz DDR4 ECC so not as profitable, unfortunately. I want to mess around with zenstates to see if it'll work on 7001 series Epycs but it's supposed to only work on 7002 series and up.

Efficiency-wise these aren't great. You get about the same hashrate as a 3900x for twice the power consumption (I haven't measured these at the wall, just assuming maxed out 3900X vs 180W TDP of an Epyc 7601). So even though you're saving maybe $200 / CPU as well as $100-200 on fewer cases and power supplies, you're spending about an extra $100 per CPU on ECC RAM and about $150 extra per CPU on motherboards (typically I get am4 motherboards for <$100 and SP3 motherboards for $500 or so from China). Hopefully the 64 core epycs drop in price soon. I should be able to overclock those and get better performance out of them per core I hope, and the power efficiency is better.

I kind of want to move all my GPU rigs into these and get a fiber line so that if crypto winter comes I can sell computing power still (typically users want a combo of lots of ram, cores, and high end GPUs and it's hard to do more than 2-3 GPUs on a motherboard @ 4 cores per GPU and 8GB of ram or more per GPU).

Attachments

• 7601 es x 2.png
    7601 es x 2.png
    82.7 KB · Views: 1
Is there a miner that can automatically pick the most profitable CPU cryptocurrency even if it thinks it's unprofitable? I've been using nicehash and it seems to have a contempt for CPU mining.

Is there a miner that can automatically pick the most profitable CPU cryptocurrency even if it thinks it's unprofitable? I've been using nicehash and it seems to have a contempt for CPU mining.
Just use cpuminer and point it at whatever coin you want to mine.

Just use cpuminer and point it at whatever coin you want to mine.
Seems to be some question about whether it's trustworthy. I've never had firefox report that a file is a virus before.

Also.... I guess it doesn't do shares? I'm used to a nicehash's comprehensive solution.

Seems to be some question about whether it's trustworthy. I've never had firefox report that a file is a virus before.

Also.... I guess it doesn't do shares? I'm used to a nicehash's comprehensive solution.
Using a miner pointed at a pool is somehow less trustworthy then nicehash??

Idk what you mean by shares. You point it at a pool and the pool does shares. It can be faster then nicehash for most coins.

Using a miner pointed at a pool is somehow less trustworthy then nicehash??

Idk what you mean by shares. You point it at a pool and the pool does shares. It can be faster then nicehash for most coins.
Well I'm still pretty new at this. Do you think nicehash is less trustworthy? The problem as I understand it is that they may include or fetch 3rd party code.

Anyone throw some of your coins on iNodez? I stopped mining this and all the coins I get now are from the nodes.

Why is there such a big difference between reported hash rates from cpu-miner output, and what's reported online of your actual hash performance?

cpuminer-gr (either the optimizer or the running app output) reports hash rates that are much higher than what is reported when mining is operating. I'm wondering if it's just multiplying what a single core can do and assuming that it scales that way . From what I've read it doesn't, partly due to cpu cache requirements. I've been limiting threads and there is a dropoff as you try to exceed 2mb cache per thread -- if that's what's happening and not variability for other reasons.

But then, comparing "actual" hash rates reported at command line to the flockpool historical hash rate graph: I DO see actual hash rates that hit that earlier high figure, at least intermittently. I don't know if those are sampling flukes, or the setup is capable of sustaining that hashrate but cannot because of other factors (available work?).

The average hash rate tends to be about 50% of the peak hash rate (judging from flockpool's graph). It would be nice to bring that closer.

Why is there such a big difference between reported hash rates from cpu-miner output, and what's reported online of your actual hash performance?

cpuminer-gr (either the optimizer or the running app output) reports hash rates that are much higher than what is reported when mining is operating. I'm wondering if it's just multiplying what a single core can do and assuming that it scales that way . From what I've read it doesn't, partly due to cpu cache requirements. I've been limiting threads and there is a dropoff as you try to exceed 2mb cache per thread -- if that's what's happening and not variability for other reasons.

But then, comparing "actual" hash rates reported at command line to the flockpool historical hash rate graph: I DO see actual hash rates that hit that earlier high figure, at least intermittently. I don't know if those are sampling flukes, or the setup is capable of sustaining that hashrate but cannot because of other factors (available work?).

The average hash rate tends to be about 50% of the peak hash rate (judging from flockpool's graph). It would be nice to bring that closer.
Someone correct me if I am wrong... but the coin is suppose to be FPGA/ASIC resistant so the algorithm will change all the time resulting in the hash rate fluctuations. Kind of like how the kawpow algorithm for GPUs will also fluctuate all the time too.

Back