Raptoreum CPU mining earning $5.50/day right now on 5950X

pclausen

Gawd
Have you guys looked at Raptoreum lately?

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/raptoreum

raptoreum)chart_10_3_21.png

I have 3 GPU mining rigs with decent CPUs in them. They are doing as follows:

https://minerstat.com/coin/RTM

https://mineraptoreum.com/

5950X 3800 H/s 150 watts $5.46/day
5800 2200 H/s 140 watts $3.20/day
11900K 1520 H/s 275 watts $2.20/day

Note that I didn't enter power in the above calculator since mine is free (solar).

I have the above 3 rigs on zergpool:

https://zergpool.com/?address=3PcLZJKm3a9J28RBfbB5mAqyLzusYBN2Wd

I was playing with the 11900K this morning trying to see if I could improve things, but that thing is hopeless at getting good efficiency. That's why the graphs looks a little odd right now.

It is hashing less than half what a 5950X can, and burns almost twice the power. What a pig...

I'm running the zen3 optimized binaries for the Zen3 chips, and the Intel 11th gen optimized binaries for the 11900K, but it is a lost cause.

This is what my bat file looks like for each of the 3 CPUs above:

cpuminer-zen3 -a gr -o stratum+tcp://ghostrider.na.mine.zergpool.com:5354 -u 3PcLZJKm3a9J28RBfbB5mAqyLzusYBN2Wd.gamer -p c=BTC
cpuminer-zen3 -a gr -o stratum+tcp://ghostrider.na.mine.zergpool.com:5354 -u 3PcLZJKm3a9J28RBfbB5mAqyLzusYBN2Wd.gamer2 -p c=BTC
cpuminer-avx512-sha -a gr -o stratum+tcp://ghostrider.na.mine.zergpool.com:5354 -u 3PcLZJKm3a9J28RBfbB5mAqyLzusYBN2Wd.gamer3 -p c=BTC

Still, a little over $10/day from 3 CPUs isn't bad.

All 3 rigs are watercooled, so the core temps all remain below 60C, even on the 11900K pig.

Last edited:
Yup running all my AMD systems on Raptoreum for a couple weeks now, they were sitting mostly idle besides being used as a harvester for CHIA after being used to plotting so I am one happy camper haha.

Are yours stock settings etc with PBO enabled?

Hmmm I wonder what version of cryptonight this is similar too. I'm still looking for excuses to spin up a cluster of Intel phi servers but for many of the new cryptonight releases a thick amd chip still appears to be king.

Its a blend of x16r and cryptonight. Cool algo, should be relatively asic/fpga resistant for a while. For cpu tuning it responds similarly to randomx in terms of efficiency and memory latency/bandwidth.
Randomx loves the cache. If it can run well on just high speed mem (like the old cryptonight) the phis do pretty well (they have 16gb of mcdram on chip)

Thanks, will look into it. Not sure but it doesn't seem like MoneroOcean's CPU switching works with this.

Info on hashrate by CPU:

Had no idea this existed. I'll stick on this for a bit since Monero didn't seem worth it at all. This is after about ~16 hours or so, with my 5950x doing most of the work:

1633444776571.png

Got mine up and running now. suprnova pool wasn't working so had to use rplant. For hive os the basics are:

mining software: cpuminer-opt-gr
add: "tune-full": true to config override if you want it to self tune the CPU (recommended, takes about 2 hours)
set miner fork to gr for better performance apparently.

Everyone seems to be recommending to use less than the max number of CPU cores but I'm going to test that and see if it's just to keep your computer useable or really necessary. For my GPU mining rigs it doesn't seem to make a different so far to the GPU hashrate but we'll see I guess.

Update: Running at max cores on my GPU mining rigs with raptoreum doesn't seem to reduce the GPU hashrate anymore than mining full-out with monero. Overall temps seem a bit lower than mining monero.

Last edited:
I started this and have been at it for nearly a day now, but I seem to be having massive issues with stale shares. Most of my accepted shares seem to be within the 150-250ms range. I will randomly get bursts of stale shares then it goes back to normal. This is true of both my main pc with a 5950x and my file server with a 5600x. Mine is configured for 32 threads while the 5600x is configured for 10 threads. Both did the full tune. My average has rate seems to be getting close to what it should approximately be, but those stale shares seem to be hurting me badly, looking at less than half my expected rpt. I'm on flockpool, pointed to the us server. My 5950x is custom water cooled and doesn't reach 80c on the hottest reading doing 4.45ghz, the 5600x stays under 70 doing 4.55ghz. Hardwired gigabit fios, otherwise a flawless network experience with my pc's gpu averaging 0.16% rejected shares and even my secondary gpu mining rig that's on wifi averaging 0.20% rejected shares. Any insight?
1634020482357.png

I started this and have been at it for nearly a day now, but I seem to be having massive issues with stale shares. Most of my accepted shares seem to be within the 150-250ms range. I will randomly get bursts of stale shares then it goes back to normal. This is true of both my main pc with a 5950x and my file server with a 5600x. Mine is configured for 32 threads while the 5600x is configured for 10 threads. Both did the full tune. My average has rate seems to be getting close to what it should approximately be, but those stale shares seem to be hurting me badly, looking at less than half my expected rpt. I'm on flockpool, pointed to the us server. My 5950x is custom water cooled and doesn't reach 80c on the hottest reading doing 4.45ghz, the 5600x stays under 70 doing 4.55ghz. Hardwired gigabit fios, otherwise a flawless network experience with my pc's gpu averaging 0.16% rejected shares and even my secondary gpu mining rig that's on wifi averaging 0.20% rejected shares. Any insight?
View attachment 402413
Saw in discord flockpool is having issues with US servers, one of their dev/rep mentioned it. No issues on R-pool here which was the default pool they recommended but it seems like in the newer versions they changed that to flockpool.

Saw in discord flockpool is having issues with US servers, one of their dev/rep mentioned it. No issues on R-pool here which was the default pool they recommended but it seems like in the newer versions they changed that to flockpool.
Thank you for the heads up! Yeah it's down to 2.1% and 2.3% for my 5950x and 5600x now. I'll give it another day and if they haven't fully fixed it I will switch to another pool. Glad to hear it isn't my setup being defective!

Edit: Several hours later and we're down to 0.2% and 0.4% stale, so things seemed to have calmed down.

Last edited:
i am running RTM with 1.2.1

5950x @ 4.65 GHz atm, 24h avg has been around 4900 H/s (zen3)
2680V2 dually @ 3.08 GHz 35/40 threads 24 avg goes around 1550 H/s (avx)
X5675 Xeon @ 4.23 GHz 24 h avg is aroun 380 H/s (sse42)

Is Rplanet Pool any good for mining Raptoreum. I started a week ago and it seemed okay seems okay compared to some other pools. It was paying out by the hour today, but now it seems to just keep accumulating the balance. Is anyone else having the same problems?

I use the supernova pool and have had zero issues. Changed my payouts between 150 and 1000 and they go immediately once the threshold is hit.

Have mined ~5300 RTM in the past 10 days. Not too shabby.

I have 2 NiceHash mining with my GPUs and a Raptoreum miner app running at the same time. I saved one thread so its not so laggy, but it seems like more GPUs mining makes the Raptoreum hashrate a little lower compared to the other rig.

Can you run this with nicehash? Monero kinda sucks.
I run it on my main rig with 5950x at full 32 threads along with my 3090 on nicehash and I don't notice any issues with either miner slowing the other down. Upgrading to version 1.2.2 of the miner improved my hashrates on both my 5950x and 5600x, now much closer to online calculators. I'm earning about 450 rtm a day, I do actually use my pc throughout the week so it may be a bit lower than optimal.

I run it on my main rig with 5950x at full 32 threads along with my 3090 on nicehash and I don't notice any issues with either miner slowing the other down. Upgrading to version 1.2.2 of the miner improved my hashrates on both my 5950x and 5600x, now much closer to online calculators. I'm earning about 450 rtm a day, I do actually use my pc throughout the week so it may be a bit lower than optimal.

did nicehash have the plug in ready to download or what did you need to do?

Hm, so I'm mining this on a 5900x and I'm seeing about 2600h/s sounds about right?
Is that your max speed? The algorithm switching makes it hard to compare unless you have an average over 24 hours or so. My 3900x CPUs seem to get around 2.2-2.4kh/s up to 10.8kh/s spikes. But mostly seems to be between 2.2kh/s to 4.8kh/s. I haven't done any optimizations related to Raptoreum yet and my PBO limits are intentionally low to keep temps low and save power, but your numbers don't seem off as long as they're the low end numbers.

did nicehash have the plug in ready to download or what did you need to do?
I'm just using quickminer for the 3090. As far as I know nicehash isn't supporting raptoreum mining, I'm just mining that directly. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Reference points that may be useful since I just finished my 1 week anniversary of mining so I have a better amount of data. I have averaged 457 rtm per day, which is surprisingly close to the estimate on https://mineraptoreum.com/ which bounces around 450-480 for my chips. My 5950x average hash is 4.23KH/s, my 5600x is 1.56KH/sec. Both have pbo2 enabled, the 5950x is using 3800mhz cl14 ram and the 5600x is using 3600mhz cl16 ram.

Is that your max speed? The algorithm switching makes it hard to compare unless you have an average over 24 hours or so. My 3900x CPUs seem to get around 2.2-2.4kh/s up to 10.8kh/s spikes. But mostly seems to be between 2.2kh/s to 4.8kh/s. I haven't done any optimizations related to Raptoreum yet and my PBO limits are intentionally low to keep temps low and save power, but your numbers don't seem off as long as they're the low end numbers.

Max seems to be about 6000, currently mining about 240 raptoreum a day

Price is down ~40% in the last couple weeks. I'm going to just keep it running only on my 5950x for the time being. Doesn't seem worth stressing out my weaker CPUs.

Price is down ~40% in the last couple weeks. I'm going to just keep it running only on my 5950x for the time being. Doesn't seem worth stressing out my weaker CPUs.
Yup, this seems to happen with every project I try out. Seem there's a hundred projects that crap out for every one that stays profitable, neverminded increases in value. I'll pile it in with my chia, burst/signum, and zclassic. I'll let it run for a little longer but will probably stop altogether soon, electricity isn't cheap.

Anyone run into issues with their miners not showing on pools? I switched to rplant and it was working fine, but now half my workers don't show up. Switched some to flockpool and not seeing anything either, even though they're hashing. Had to switch them back to monero for the time being.

When it comes to projects like this they fluctuate wildly. If you want, keep after it, since it may go back up. I've been setting my two ryzens on haven for a while and am just leaving them there. It's my speculative bet and the algo is pretty efficient to mine on cpu.

I've mined xmr on moneroocean too. Downside there is that it takes a long time to stack much when you're just mining with a couple cpus.

When it comes to projects like this they fluctuate wildly. If you want, keep after it, since it may go back up. I've been setting my two ryzens on haven for a while and am just leaving them there. It's my speculative bet and the algo is pretty efficient to mine on cpu.

I've mined xmr on moneroocean too. Downside there is that it takes a long time to stack much when you're just mining with a couple cpus.

Market cap also has a TON of room for growth with it being at only 10 mil right now.

Sitting pretty at nearly $0.016 today - quite the turnaround after my last post. I got my 3900XT that normally runs ESXi chugging away at this now too.

1636490653007.png

This is pretty nuts, sitting right under $0.05 now. I should have hoarded, sold ~10k for $0.01 in the last month :(. Still got 4k and making between 200-300 a day.

ROI on CPU mining is awful guys. I don't know why you do it. Everyone should just give up so the difficulty will go down. /s

AMD EPYCs are getting very cheap on eBay now. Kinda wonder if Chinese miners are selling off their stuff. Seems like a safer thing to invest in for now than GPUs.

This is pretty nuts, sitting right under $0.05 now. I should have hoarded, sold ~10k for $0.01 in the last month :(. Still got 4k and making between 200-300 a day.

I kind of want to start hoarding a stack now. Profits are still good but coins / day income is like 1/5th what it was a short awhile ago and the momentum behind the price has been crazy lately.

Where did you end up selling them on? I am probably just gonna hold for a year or so hoping this thing goes to a few dollars hehe.

Where did you end up selling them on? I am probably just gonna hold for a year or so hoping this thing goes to a few dollars hehe.
I made one sell on Dex-trade, but I'm not a big fan of the site. The rest have been on Southxchange which I have no complaints. You can sell for BTC or DASH.

I kind of want to start hoarding a stack now. Profits are still good but coins / day income is like 1/5th what it was a short awhile ago and the momentum behind the price has been crazy lately.
Yeah agreed. I was making 500ish/day with my 5950x + 2700k a month ago, and it's about half that now adding a 3900xt into the mix.

Back