Raptoreum CPU mining earning $5.50/day right now on 5950X

Someone correct me if I am wrong... but the coin is suppose to be FPGA/ASIC resistant so the algorithm will change all the time resulting in the hash rate fluctuations. Kind of like how the kawpow algorithm for GPUs will also fluctuate all the time too.

Yeah, this is it. I also notice that my average hashrate is about 50% of the peak hashrate on ryzen CPUs. I want to experiment with a better CPU like something with many cores, high clock speed, and lots of memory lanes to see if that will bring the performance closer to something like 70% of peak but I'm pretty sure even if it does, it'll never be worth it.

Yeah, this is it. I also notice that my average hashrate is about 50% of the peak hashrate on ryzen CPUs. I want to experiment with a better CPU like something with many cores, high clock speed, and lots of memory lanes to see if that will bring the performance closer to something like 70% of peak but I'm pretty sure even if it does, it'll never be worth it.
The algos it runs are drastically different from each other. On my phi rigs the hashrate varies from 1.2kh/s to 6kh/s depending on the algo. A modern epyc chip does great on cryptonight coins (the slowest on the phis) so maybe the difference would be less pronounced.

I'm still curious if its possible to split up the jobs at the network level and let fpgas handle the easy jobs with some good amd boxes handling the cache intensive jobs.

Someone correct me if I am wrong... but the coin is suppose to be FPGA/ASIC resistant so the algorithm will change all the time resulting in the hash rate fluctuations. Kind of like how the kawpow algorithm for GPUs will also fluctuate all the time too.
Then hashrate would not be a meaningful performance metric. How would you measure performance? With respect to potential and real-time. You'd never be able to optimize a system or even gauge how well it's performing.

Then hashrate would not be a meaningful performance metric. How would you measure performance? With respect to potential and real-time. You'd never be able to optimize a system or even gauge how well it's performing.
Its cyclic. Adverage hashrate is accurate enough.

I think you just take the average after running it for a couple days to gauge this performance and of course you can use this excel sheet to compare what others are getting on their chips:

(not sure if the excel sheet is up-to-date with the latest versions of the miners though)

More or less. If you want a quick and dirty way, tune on randomx first to get immediate results for delta comparisons, then switch back to rtm. The algo's are similar enough where tuning results should still be very similar/applicable to both.
More or less. If you want a quick and dirty way, tune on randomx first to get immediate results for delta comparisons, then switch back to rtm. The algo's are similar enough where tuning results should still be very similar/applicable to both.
I'll look into that.

Question - do you have to re-optimize after changes? I'm not exactly sure what that process is accounting for.

I think you just take the average after running it for a couple days to gauge this performance and of course you can use this excel sheet to compare what others are getting on their chips:

(not sure if the excel sheet is up-to-date with the latest versions of the miners though)

Btw that's very helpful to look at. I think I'm getting 2-300 on a VM on my laptop, which is basically zilch. The newness of the cpu makes orders of magnitude of difference.

Re-optimize what, cpuminer? I use xmrig that doesnt have to "tune" anything like cpuminer
raptoreum will tune for various algorithms, its actually kind neat.

Btw that's very helpful to look at. I think I'm getting 2-300 on a VM on my laptop, which is basically zilch. The newness of the cpu makes orders of magnitude of difference.
tune for randomx and at the end do the full optimization.

I think I'm done mining RTM for now. Not a fan of the extra heat and power from the 5950x/3900xt. I was still getting anywhere from 50-90 RTM a day. I'll sit on 10k in case it ever pumps in price.
1644264823259.png

I think I'm done mining RTM for now. Not a fan of the extra heat and power from the 5950x/3900xt. I was still getting anywhere from 50-90 RTM a day. I'll sit on 10k in case it ever pumps in price.
View attachment 441840

I might pull the plug because at current levels, it's making the same or less money as just running xmrig RandomX for Monero (or in NH for BTC). Most of my RTM accumulation was months ago and it has only gone down in price since.

Looks like they are asking for donations to get listed on a major exchange?

Bottom Line: The project has been offered a solid opportunity to list with a currently top 10 exchange consistently top 20. This exchange services most US states and allows for USD on/off ramping. The Catch: This is a costly process we need to raise 13-14 million RTM or its USD/USDT equivalent to make it happen with OTC making up around two thirds of that. Part of that is for initial liquidity provision on the exchange and will be released back to the project after a successful period of two months in total.

What it means:The listing will initially be wRTM (wrapped RTM) on BSC (Binance Smart Chain) with a wRTM/USDT market pair followed by full mainnet RTM integration down the road and additional pairs. The Team are contributing 4.5 Million RTM and we will conduct OTC sales once we are close enough for it to be meaningful to reach our overall goals. Sales will all be based off the CoinGecko midrate at the time.

WHY?: We will soon be able to utilize a bridge to wrap RTM onto BSC. Wrapped RTM would mean that exchanges that are already integrated with BSC would be able to list RTM with a few clicks. It also means that wRTM would be able to be utilized for any BSC defi applications such as liquidity pools, PancakeSwap, and more! In order to facilitate this huge leap forward for RTM, donations will all be collected and counted at the following addresses for full public transparency: RTM RWVeE4C9R6wnaguddfeN62T3pQYFULmAne ERC20 USDT 0x4b390e1babcb362e6f1c504f04e24f3b85c4148e BEP20 USDT 0x40f6ff1861004495ca5b745e676141cc92cd86eb TRC20 USDT TFti8x8vrPCevD9ifkPSV8qJqe31dorWeL ERC20 USDC 0x4b390e1babcb362e6f1c504f04e24f3b85c4148e OMNI USDT 25$ min 363Tz7geB4Xne2qHE3bFDjwzD7QXmk4tmW BTC 1EBrGiXFm9mQFdrjuHxVS5jb8p8RofLz81 We have secured a second provision in the agreement where part of our initial investment in the listing will be returned over the course of the first months of trading. We plan to immediately roll that part into an additional top 30 listing, with the possibility of an additional one on top of that. This is a big ask of the RTM community, but "who dares wins!" If RTM is going to stay competitive, bridging with DeFi chains will provide access to more market liquidity and additional utilization of RTM while we are progressing through our own development. The team and members of the provider community are also happy to take one for the team in this case: -> When we pass 50% RTM in the pool @Charlie will be recording a shooting video in a bunnysuit or pokemon costume (there will be a vote on which). -> At 70% of our goal, Chad from Raptornodes will do payouts livestreamed in an pink tutu! -> When we reach 90% Bigpiggy01 and Binari will happily sing an old showtune in drag backed by Vibin on the piano. (Tune also subject to vote!) -> Zavox will be doing some extra conundrums. If this doesn't reach goals then we have plans and agreements in place with a smaller but decent exchange (top 30ish) as well as additional wrapping for other networks.

I threw a couple hundred RTM at it.

Do i fundamentally misunderstand how crypto works? Difficulty right now is 3x lower than it was in december, yet i mine exactly the same amount per day. Should it not reward 3x as much?

Back