Rampage VI Extreme USB charging not going well

duh FooL

n00b
Since my S10+ and Note10+ accepts fast charging when plugged into a car adapter and wall adapter (which supports QC as well as 2.4V charging), I don't think it's an issue with the phones.
Hence, why I'm posting it under this forum.

When using any cable with the appropriate port, the phones indicate something wrong with the cable and shows a super long charge time.
Happens when using both rear and front panel ports (front panel is connected to the MB header).

Using the same cables, as follows:
  1. USB Type C -> USB Type C
  2. USB Type C w/ USB Type A adapter -> USB Type C (same cable as #1, but with adapter)
  3. USB Type A to USB-C (No adapter)

Case is a Fractal Define R6
I updated the top ports to have the Type-C connector, but I don't think this is the problem, since the Type-C connector from the rear port also exhibits the same problem.

Does the Rampage VI Extreme have an issue providing higher current for charging?

I was unable to find any posts with this specific motherboard, though I saw something about using AI Suite for another Asus board.
However, when I installed AI Suite III, I did not see anything that could help with the USB power settings.
I didn't see anything in the BIOS settings either.

Also, I do not see any error with plugging in a lightning cable (either Type C -> Lightning or Type A -> Lightning) with the iPhones.
However, the iPhone doesn't indicate the charging rate. Or at least I didn't see where I can view it. It just shows that it's being charged.

Help would be appreciated, thank you.
If this is normal and I should just set it to be data transfer only when connected to the computer, I'd like to know that as well.

Last edited:
Did you install the Ai charge software?

I did.
Doesn't seem to work.
While the icon appears in the system tray (small icon), I cannot open it nor can I right click on it.
Given that it was from 2017, I don't think it works with the latest Windows 10.

There is nothing earlier for this MB and Asus' website sucks for finding downloads without selecting a MB first.

Back