RAM Disk temp folder setup compilation (HELP!)

AMv8(1day)

Weaksauce
Alright guys, here's the plan behind this thread. I am in the process of putting together a How-To guide for dumping as much uneeded/temp files as possible onto a RAM Disk. I need to get simple, clear-cut instructions to setup as many of these folders (plus whatever others) to save to a RAM Disk. The goal is to minimize/eliminate Windows bloat and writing to my/your SSD/OS drive.
My list right now is as follows:
Internet Explore
Temporary Internet Files
History
Cookies
Recently Typed URLs
Index.dat Files
Last Download Location
Firefox/Chrome
Internet Cache
Internet History
Cookies
Download History
Session
Windows Explorer
Recent Documents
Run (in Start Menu)
Other Explorer MRUs
Thumbnail Cache
Taskbar Jump Lists
System
Recycle Bin
Temporary Files
Clipboard
Memory Dumps
Chkdsk File Fragments
Windows Log Files
Multimedia
Adobe Flash Player
Microsoft Silverlight
Windows Media Player
Utilities
7-Zip
Windows Defender
Windows
MS Management Console
RegEdit
etc, etc, etc.

If my list looks familiar, it should. I pretty much pulled it straight from the default CCleaner file dump (Cleaner) list. There are probably files from more applications on most of your lists, my latest build is less than two days old right now. I would gladly add any other folders you guys suggest as well. Along with these folders I'd also like to get setup instructions for a few "At Your Own Risk" folders:
Internet Explorer
Autocomplete Form History
Saved Passwords
Firefox/Chrome
Site Preferences
Saved Form Information
Saved Passwords
Compact Databases
System
Windows Error Reporting
DNS Cache
FTP Accounts
Start Menu Shortcuts
Desktop Shortcuts
Advanced
Old Prefetch Data
Menu Order Cache
Tray Notifications Cache
Windows Size/Location Cache
User Assist History
IIS Log Files
Custom Files and Folders
Windows
Game Explorer

I'm not exactly new to the SSD scene, started with a 32 GB Vertex Turbo when they first came out. I've got a few Vertex 2 drives in various systems, installed Kingston SSD's in a few family members comps, etc. Currently waiting on shipping to install my first Mini PCIe SSD into my 10+ TB Mini ITX WHS (Machupo is currently recording his trials on the subject in these threads 1 & 2). I'm no expert by any means, but I've read my share of SSD/Windows Optimization Guides. My favorite right now being The SSD Reviews HERE. But I'm pretty new at the moment to RAM Disks. I'll also throw a few tips in I've had to search a bit to find, like how to reduce, NOT disable, the Hiberfil.sys and Pagefile.sys files.
I've already found/know how to setup the more common ones, but I'm up for any suggestions on streamlining the process. Wouldn't even mind writing a script for knocking out the most recommended ones all at once.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for any help you can give me in this endeavor, I'll be updating the thread with solutions as I find them. When I've got a decent list together, I'll reformat it into a more easily digestible Stickyable How-To Guide.
If anyone thinks I might get more traffic/help posting in another sub-forum, let me know!

Here are some you can add:

Windows 7 Temp & Tmp files - right click my computer, properties, advanced system settings, then environmental variables.

Firefox - Install the whole thing portable into a folder on the RAMdisk.

Photoshop - edit, preferences, performance, then select only RAMdisk as scratchdisk.

You can also put the index on there.

Here are some you can add:

Windows 7 Temp & Tmp files - right click my computer, properties, advanced system settings, then environmental variables.

Firefox - Install the whole thing portable into a folder on the RAMdisk.

Photoshop - edit, preferences, performance, then select only RAMdisk as scratchdisk.

You can also put the index on there.

Thanks a lot, I'll definitely add Photoshop. I don't personally use it heavily, but I'm sure it'll help out others alot considering how much of a boost loading to a RAM Disk would be.
As for Firefox, I could do that, but I'm trying to avoid unnecessary writes back to the drive at shutdown. And wiping all of my settings/pref's etc isn't exactly convenient for most. But I'm up for including different methods for various setups. I've even been contemplating setting up a virtual OS onto another systems RAM Disk once I've got the kinks worked out.

Back