RAM Causing GPU Issues?

Epos7

Gawd
Ran into a weird problem last week where applying any OC in Afterburner or Precision X1 would make my computer unstable. Backing off the RAM speed and timings resolved that, but I'm still seeing decreased performance in benchmarks and games. GPU isn't going over the base 1510Mhz, and GPU voltage isn't exceeding 0.775V.

Power supply checks out OK. I'm wondering if it could be the RAM causing these additional issues, just not really sure as I haven't seen something like this before.

I would say it's a graphics card issue but I don't think that would explain the full system crashes. Generally when a GPU crashes or is overloaded the screen will go black for a few seconds and turn back on with no consequence to the system itsself. I had something similar to this a while back, but my issue was a RAM stick that was acting weird and the system worked fine after taking it out.

Maybe your RAM isn't actually stable at the speed and timings you set. Run memtest for a while and see.

Maybe your RAM isn't actually stable at the speed and timings you set. Run memtest for a while and see.

Had my DDR-4 3000 running at 3400, and was stable for 24hrs of memtest. When I backed off the speed and just used the 3000 XMP profile, some of the issues I was having with the graphics card went away.

I ordered a new 3600 RAM kit. I have no idea what's up with my system but getting tired of all the issues. Hopefully new RAM will resolve it. Worst case I'll end up with faster memory.

Back