Raja Koduri Q&D Intel Marketing

ChadD

Supreme [H]ardness
Perhaps its just me but I am hearing so much BS. lol
I believe I just heard them try and convince customers that "fine wine" for Intel will be a thing.
They have had this silicon for over a year.... and internally if they haven't already moved on to working on Gen B they are probably screwed.
I guess its possible Battlemage is close enough arch wise for driver tweaks for it to effect the 700s. Maybe. I find it a slimy way to market your card though.
They say the bulk of the silicon team is on battle mage you would hope all but those on the C team. But the software team should all be on battlemage as well. Get that thing out within a year with proper drivers and this gen can be forgotten. lol

Seems to me like Raja would make a great second string Quarterback but should never have been hired on as a Franchise QB.

I'm just happy they are continuing to move on to the new product instead of killing it.
This could just be a last gasp on the product for shareholder confidence. If their cards were going to drop into the marketplace (which they are supposed to) I would have expected something more from them. Even if the cards aren't going to be as good as AMD/Nvidia. I hope we see Battlemage, because we do need another contender in the GPU space. I guess time will tell.

The mid to lower end has been pretty much abandoned by AMD/Nvidia for the time being. Intel has an opportunity to get a foot in the door here, assuming they finally buckle down and execute. been waiting for gpu forever...
I'm excited to have a 3rd player. I hope they stick around, because continued pricing like we are currently seeing is going to kill PC gaming.

The mid to lower end has been pretty much abandoned by AMD/Nvidia for the time being. Intel has an opportunity to get a foot in the door here, assuming they finally buckle down and execute. been waiting for gpu forever...
I'm excited to have a 3rd player. I hope they stick around, because continued pricing like we are currently seeing is going to kill PC gaming.
1664978260936.png

All you need to know.

This is true... of course mid range was never Intels goal. Management at Intel isn't going to allow them to continue making GPUs that cost as much as the other guys to fab to sell their high end parts at mid range pricing.
It seems like Intel might be willing to let them try one more time at least with BM. (really did no one think their second gen would be shortened to BM, Intel marketing is fucking stupid). Anyway ya Pat might let them drop a BM next year... I suspect if their BM is going to take any longer then that, or internally they know its going to be a shiny BM, BM won't see the light as a consumer product. Nvidia has already shown you can design chips for AI / Datacenter and not really have to worry about a consumer version every generation. lol

Ok so its not a winner... Its not as bad as I suspected it might be.
Yes not a great buy. I was however expecting it to suck even more power. I mean ok its no where near as efficient as the competition. But at least its only burning 6800 type power. I mean could be worse. It was cooling the card without having to 100% the fan... so its not a leaf blower.

Well you know if they managed to learn enough going into BM who knows. Perhaps gen 2 will actually be solid.

Gamers Nexus found a bunch of monitors these don't even work with. Oh ya Intel is going to have some pain when these start going out. Between requiring rebar be on... and having some monitors in the wild that just don't work. Oh my. Fans also never turn off. Beta test indeed.

Gamers Nexus found a bunch of monitors these don't even work with. Oh ya Intel is going to have some pain when these start going out. Between requiring rebar be on... and having some monitors in the wild that just don't work. Oh my. Fans also never turn off. Beta test indeed.

It seems that every other reviewer are not having issues like Gamers Nexus is having. It makes me wonder if there is something wrong with his test bench at this point. I don't think he even mentioned resizable bar so maybe his review is incomplete as well.

It seems that every other reviewer are not having issues like Gamers Nexus is having. It makes me wonder if there is something wrong with his test bench at this point. I don't think he even mentioned resizable bar so maybe his review is incomplete as well.
Well think about who's doing the review. It's quite possible the issues are real but it's not usual at all for GN to be pedantic over trivial details. Like the driver window taking full screen priority I'm sure is annoying but does it deserve it's own section of the video, twice now? Probably not.

Reactions: ChadD
like this
I think Kyle is right the hot hardware guys probably had the most balanced take. If we had only one reviewer to go by they might be the best option. I have seen a few reviewers that obviously glossed over the issues completely... I get wanting Intel to be a strong option. Too many people buying into the potential future of driver maturity imo.

I have a sinking suspicion that Intel has realized they made some major mistakes in the base arch probably two years back already when they got the first engineering samples, or a year ago when they got final silicon. Chances are battle mage corrects some flaws... and I can't imagine driver work done for BM is going to mean all that much for Alchemist parts. Outside of the obvious stuff... like making their driver overlay, lay over a game.

This should make you happy. lol
Ok he doesn't seem to be a big Intel fan... no one is going to be accusing him of shilling for Intel at least.

5:15
"Intel was bragging in a blog post about how its a screwless design... the only thing that gets screwed is you when you try to install their driver package." LMAO

PS. also card was produced (or at least cosmetic parts of it) in Feb. So there they aren't actually a year old.... at least parts of them aren't. :)

Last edited:
Wow..

"This (ARC 770) is built in a way where it is not only inefficient in mechanical design, in industrial design, but also functionally impossible to realistically maintain if you ever wanted to, at least in a meaningful way. So, the problems with the design side, it's inefficient which means its a passed on cost to the consumer."

"(Intel) please get some real board partners to do this for you."

Seems to me like Raja would make a great second string Quarterback but should never have been hired on as a Franchise QB.

He would be on the Jets, I say this as a Jets fan who wouldn't want him, but he'd be on the team anyway. I've been through this dance before. And you all know it would be the Jets too.

He would be on the Jets, I say this as a Jets fan who wouldn't want him, but he'd be on the team anyway. I've been through this dance before. And you all know it would be the Jets too.
Deserves to be Steelers 3rd string QB... ON THE BENCH ALL SEASON!

Back