Radeon R7 450 (OEM). Bios mod?

matt167

[H]ard|Gawd
After my Mystery box 7750 seemed to be troublesome I got looking for a replacement. Since I decided that my plex server could use a video card. I might even install steam and make use of my steam link for casual gaming on the big tv

I snagged an R7 450 4gb for roughly $25. I know they are basically a 7750 DDR5 variant rebrand. The caveat is it’s locked from overclocking using only Dell OEM drivers. Is there any way to use the old bios editor to unlock them? There is very little info on them other than they basically match a DDR5 7750 in games.

Would it be possible to flash a 7770 bios onto it? Tech power up suggests the gpu die has the extra shaders turned off. I’ve never tried something like that? But being I’m limited to single slot low profile it would be nice to pick up 25% speed or so

Well I found non OEM drivers. The AMD Radeon 4400m drivers support the R7 450 and they are fairly recent even though AMD did put the card in legacy support. The driver is dated 6/22

This thing is running hot. Which in my mind is because the card is an overclocked 7750 with a tiny low profile cooler. Running Heaven benchmark it gets to 80* but it doesn’t throttle at all. I’m going to try re pasting but i think the cooler is just too small. I have a fan curve that runs 100% at 60*. But it’s an office display adapter basically

Back