Question to the Gurus out there, re: Can my board support/power a 5950x

Elf_Boy

2[H]4U
I appreciate all help and knowledge. Sig has specs.

When the Asus Tuf x570 came out I recall a review that questioned the asus tuf x570's ability to power a 3950x without problems.

I havnt kept up on the specifics and dont know power consumption of the 3000 series vs 5000.

I have a bonus coming end of next month and am thinking about upgrading.

I am thinking about a 5900x or 5950x, I'll be able to get either (if they arnt being scalped). I just dont know enough about power draw and VRM's and all that to guess if running the 3900x ok means I am good for the 5950, 4 more cores is a 33% increase in things that want energy.

TLDR: Will I have problems with a 5950x in my system?

With the socket change this'll be the last new CPU for this board. Should keep me gaming for a few years though.

pro or plus? not that there should much of a difference.
should be fine, with bios 2607 +. youre going from one 105w chip to another. just dont shoot for the stars with your oc, if any.

Like the 'Dragon said, you should be fine.

Anecdote: I have a brother-in-law running a 3950X on an Asus Prime B350 under water. He has had no problems with it under load (and he does Blender renders on this CPU), and VRM temps remain good. He's not doing any OC on it though.

When the Asus Tuf x570 came out I recall a review that questioned the asus tuf x570's ability to power a 3950x without problems.

TLDR: Will I have problems with a 5950x in my system?

So yeah, you should be fine, and not only this but every x570 TUF mobo (I am not sure which one is yours) has good VRMs that are ok for PBO.

every x570 TUF mobo (I am not sure which one is yours) has good VRMs that are ok for PBO.
i was waiting to see which he said he has but if that is the case, then yeah, the 12+2 power is totally fine. pbo and decent oc should even still be possible with a little air flow over the vrm section.

i was waiting to see which he said he has but if that is the case, then yeah, the 12+2 power is totally fine. pbo and decent oc should even still be possible with a little air flow over the vrm section.
If I do not mistake AGESA calculate PBO based on mobo VRM design.

Back