Question regarding UPS reading

Pkirk618

Supreme [H]ardness
Forgive me if this in the wrong section. My UPS reads and in/out voltage that varies between 122-124v. Is this a problem? I connected it to another outlet and saw 125v occasionally. Any advice would be appreciated.

A little over/under will not matter, phase is the only thing the power company is concerned with.
RMS root mean square voltage delivered is approx. 110 to 1115 V on average to most residential homes.
f your supplied power is dirty you can adjust the settings on your UPS to set trip point. See my UPS doc to get any idea.

Attachments

• CyberPower-FG-CP1500AVRLCD.pdf
    339.9 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the response. It fluctuates between 123-125v at the UPS. Other outlets about 1v lower @ 122-123. You're saying this reading is within norm? I am an absolute moron when it comes to this stuff :(

It is fine. Right now my UPS is showing 116V, but in the middle of summer when everyone is running their air conditioning, it drops down to as low as 100V during surges like when compressors kick on, and 105-110v sustained. The UPS can handle it and so can most power supplies, considering all the electronics I have that aren't plugged into a UPS.

Looks good I would only be concerned if the UPS trips on multiple times. Just use it and see how it behaves.
Pasted from doc I attached "This function determines how the UPS will switch to Battery Mode. 3 different output voltage ranges can be chosen according to the quality of the AC utility service in your location. If your utility service is not stable, you can select Poor (97V~142V). The UPS will go to Battery Mode less often to tolerate the utility power fluctuations. If your utility service is stable, you can select Good (103V~136V). The unit will go to Battery Mode more often."

Looks good I would only be concerned if the UPS trips on multiple times. Just use it and see how it behaves.
Pasted from doc I attached "This function determines how the UPS will switch to Battery Mode. 3 different output voltage ranges can be chosen according to the quality of the AC utility service in your location. If your utility service is not stable, you can select Poor (97V~142V). The UPS will go to Battery Mode less often to tolerate the utility power fluctuations. If your utility service is stable, you can select Good (103V~136V). The unit will go to Battery Mode more often."
Thank you....I changed the sensitivity to high on that recommendation. It's an older UPS but seems to be working otherwise. Just figured out how to keep it displaying all the time after 8 years of ownership. I have changed the battery once :)

Thank you....I changed the sensitivity to high on that recommendation. It's an older UPS but seems to be working otherwise. Just figured out how to keep it displaying all the time after 8 years of ownership. I have changed the battery once :)
how did you get it to display all the time? lol

Back