Question How to access to disk encrypted with Bitlocker without password

you just said the teachers are the ones with the local day when they are SUPPOSED to use network/online storage, you're just proving my assumption.
also if they were a 'good' IT department that is encrypting personal laptops with BItlocker without the user knowing, than they SHOULD be backing up the key in AD or elsewhere, and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

you just said the teachers are the ones with the local day when they are SUPPOSED to use network/online storage, you're just proving my assumption.
yup totally the IT depts fault the idiot teachers continue to store locally, totally their fault and the reason we have clear policy forms about data.

yup totally the IT depts fault the idiot teachers continue to store locally, totally their fault and the reason we have clear policy forms about data.
sounding more and more like you are actually part of the I.T department and you are just now realizing that somehow 'magically' bitlocker was enabled and no one knows why. If that is indeed true than I rest my case, .edu IT departments typically suck

sounding more and more like you are actually part of the I.T department and you are just now realizing that somehow 'magically' bitlocker was enabled and no one knows why. If that is indeed true than I rest my case, .edu IT departments typically suck
Seems to me you’re confused about who said what in this thread. Pendragon actually said it does NOT magically turn itself on.

Seems to me you’re confused about who said what in this thread. Pendragon actually said it does NOT magically turn itself on.
yep I was, was just surprised at how defensive he was, I'm guessing he took offense because he is .edu as well, however I still stand by what I said .edu IT is not usually staffed with top talent, it's not their fault they just don't have the budget to attract them.

it's not their fault they just don't have the budget to attract them.
It's a nit but without getting into details I've seen school systems spend ridiculous amounts of money on solutions based on extremely over sized and unrealistic requirements that then sit around for the entire contract lifetime with 20% utilization. Then they rinse and repeat. They have the budgets. They utilize them incorrectly and no one dares to question these decisions because "think of the children." All a result of spending money they didn't have to earn.

yep I was, was just surprised at how defensive he was, I'm guessing he took offense because he is .edu as well, however I still stand by what I said .edu IT is not usually staffed with top talent, it's not their fault they just don't have the budget to attract them.
reading comprehension seems lacking...

One thing you can try before formatting the hard drive is going into the bios and see if you can disable and reenable the tpm or reset the tpm. This will rebuild/reset the TPM and hopefully it will recognize once you boot back up. NOTE: Do not clear the TPM. If this doesn't work then the only way is to get the recovery key.

One thing you can try before formatting the hard drive is going into the bios and see if you can disable and reenable the tpm or reset the tpm. This will rebuild/reset the TPM and hopefully it will recognize once you boot back up. NOTE: Do not clear the TPM. If this doesn't work then the only way is to get the recovery key.
Ok, I will give it a try

Back