Quest 2 usb c problems

ralphie1313

Limp Gawd
Hey guys a couple of things 1 so my headset is not charging from my c port is it my mother board causing a problem? Also sorry to ask i know i should of done some homes work first but too late now!! So i am just a flight sim user thats it i had the rift s which was fine it worked great i got a 2080ti card and had not one issue, i thought it was going to get better with the new quest but i am having a few issues besides the charging, the video is terrible and i had to turn everything down in flight sim just to get it to move but then the pic is horrible !! also the link cable keep cutting out and i got to restart everything ? even without the cable its not running right is it the quest is not as good for flight sims or is it that i need to keep playing with the settings?

thanks

Hey guys a couple of things 1 so my headset is not charging from my c port is it my mother board causing a problem? Also sorry to ask i know i should of done some homes work first but too late now!! So i am just a flight sim user thats it i had the rift s which was fine it worked great i got a 2080ti card and had not one issue, i thought it was going to get better with the new quest but i am having a few issues besides the charging, the video is terrible and i had to turn everything down in flight sim just to get it to move but then the pic is horrible !! also the link cable keep cutting out and i got to restart everything ? even without the cable its not running right is it the quest is not as good for flight sims or is it that i need to keep playing with the settings?

thanks
Got a USB-C thumb drive? You could check the speeds and see if it's working properly.

Lots of yt videos on tweaking settings. I was watching them as I expect to move from CV1 to Q2 soon, but wireless...hoping not to use cable.

What cable are you using? The port/motherboard and the cable matter a lot. There's a reason the official link cable is optical and costs $75. If you search youtube there are a lot of guides to setting it up and what cables/ports will work and cheaper alternatives to the official link cable.

I personally only use wireless because I don't play sitting down games and need to walk around. You could also try that out.

What cable are you using? The port/motherboard and the cable matter a lot. There's a reason the official link cable is optical and costs $75. If you search youtube there are a lot of guides to setting it up and what cables/ports will work and cheaper alternatives to the official link cable.

I personally only use wireless because I don't play sitting down games and need to walk around. You could also try that out.
i am using the cable oculus makes for the quest 2 cost me 75 bucks asus dark hero viii brand new... maybe i should ask this wireless is it good for things like a flight sim thats not in there library like someone said stand up games not sit down sim were i use my own flight controls, sorry if i dont know how to explain it like the rif s plugged into my video card and usb!!! like rift s acting more like a vr lcd screen and now quest is shoving all this graphics throu a c port? lol again i am not the best when comes to computer, also i have a c port on my graphics card will that help any?

i am using the cable oculus makes for the quest 2 cost me 75 bucks asus dark hero viii brand new... maybe i should ask this wireless is it good for things like a flight sim thats not in there library like someone said stand up games not sit down sim were i use my own flight controls, sorry if i dont know how to explain it like the rif s plugged into my video card and usb!!! like rift s acting more like a vr lcd screen and now quest is shoving all this graphics throu a c port? lol again i am not the best when comes to computer, also i have a c port on my graphics card will that help any?
I could not tell the difference image quality wise with wired vs wireless on my quest 2, so if you're having trouble with the cable I would try wireless before spending a lot of time troubleshooting the cable.

I could not tell the difference image quality wise with wired vs wireless on my quest 2, so if you're having trouble with the cable I would try wireless before spending a lot of time troubleshooting the cable.
Does not the cable also keep the battery charged? In my case I like to spend many hours in Flight Sim when I do that.

Does not the cable also keep the battery charged? In my case I like to spend many hours in Flight Sim when I do that.
Velcro a 10,000 mAh battery bank to the back of the strap. Improved weight balance, stupid-long playtime, and no tether.

Velcro a 10,000 mAh battery bank to the back of the strap. Improved weight balance, stupid-long playtime, and no tether.

And if the battery actually does run out, you just swap a new one in, unlimited playtime.

Yep, I have not bothered with a cable at all ever since AirLink came out (there were some games/apps that didn't work with VD for me so it wasn't enough).

Last edited:

Even if I had to tether myself to Link cable for a reason or another I still almost always used wireless for data transfer. Personally I had superiour experience that way, probably because the USB-C port in my cheap Assrock mobo is not particularly good.

You can plug it in with any usb-c charger to keep it topped up if it's an issue.

You can plug it in with any usb-c charger to keep it topped up if it's an issue.
Oh, so when plugged into the PC it does not supply power to the headset or keep the battery charged. Am I missing something here?

As a note, last night spent over 5 hours on the VP2, sitting watching 3d videos. 3d videos in my opinion are just too gimmicky, so many of them just had to throw something at you which resulting in whatever blown out of proportion. VR is such a better format or way to expose 3d information accurately. Watching also regular YouTube stuff big screen, pretty impressive. In other words at higher resolutions VR headsets can be used for many things, standing as well as sitting.

Oh, so when plugged into the PC it does not supply power to the headset or keep the battery charged. Am I missing something here?

As a note, last night spent over 5 hours on the VP2, sitting watching 3d videos. 3d videos in my opinion are just too gimmicky, so many of them just had to throw something at you which resulting in whatever blown out of proportion. VR is such a better format or way to expose 3d information accurately. Watching also regular YouTube stuff big screen, pretty impressive. In other words at higher resolutions VR headsets can be used for many things, standing as well as sitting.

it can - my point was you can use it wirelessly if the cable is giving you issues and still charge it as needed without having to leave VR by plugging in any usb-c charger.

Reactions: noko
like this
Back