Quake 2 rtx - weird long exit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello.
PC:
Monitor:AORUS FI27Q
Cpu: 10850K with Nzxt Kraken X73 ( 60c in game )
Gpu: Rtx 3090 Gaming Oc ( 60C in game )
Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3200MHZ XMP
Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W TX
mb: Aorus 490 Pro Gaming
SSD: Crucial 1TB Nvm SSD
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

I have an question if all is fine. I left running Quake 2 rtx for 5 hours. After that i press ESCAPE and clicked EXIT and i was waiting maybe 7 seconds when game will exit to desktop + it was black screen for 1 second before desktop. Lag.Then game exited. No crash in event log.
I remember that before game in main menu i changed refresh rate to 165hz on 1440P. Desktop is on 165hz too.

Normally Everytime when i am clicking exit to desktop it takes 1 second and no black screen.

Is this ok?

Last edited:
Let's see... a tech demo grafted on a 25 year old game left running for 5 hours... or it's a video card problem.

You don't consider that the tech demo may have had a small mem leak and it just took time to clean it up or unload it from memory? Especially considering all other games exit just fine? This thread needs to be closed and if anything, you need to go ping the demo developer about this, not the video card forum.

Let's see... a tech demo grafted on a 25 year old game left running for 5 hours... or it's a video card problem.

You don't consider that the tech demo may have had a small mem leak and it just took time to clean it up or unload it from memory? Especially considering all other games exit just fine? This thread needs to be closed and if anything, you need to go ping the demo developer about this, not the video card forum.
So no worry about gpu?

Hello.
PC:
Monitor:AORUS FI27Q
Cpu: 10850K with Nzxt Kraken X73 ( 60c in game )
Gpu: Rtx 3090 Gaming Oc ( 60C in game )
Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3200MHZ XMP
Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W TX
mb: Aorus 490 Pro Gaming
SSD: Crucial 1TB Nvm SSD
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

I have an question if all is fine. I left running Quake 2 rtx for 5 hours. After that i press ESCAPE and clicked EXIT and i was waiting maybe 7 seconds when game will exit to desktop + it was black screen for 1 second before desktop. Lag.Then game exited. No crash in event log.
I remember that before game in main menu i changed refresh rate to 165hz on 1440P. Desktop is on 165hz too.

Normally Everytime when i am clicking exit to desktop it takes 1 second and no black screen.

Is this ok?
It was 1 second ............................................................................

Normally Everytime when i am clicking exit to desktop it takes 1 second and no black screen.Maybe it was memory leak etc/?

oki thx just asked to be sure . i am closing and i am really greatful for answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back