Pump question

man00

Limp Gawd
I bought the Rasa 750 Rx240 kit years ago, and replaced the pump couple of times
Seems like the pump is hard to find now, my question the Rad and Cpu block should be fine?
My pump went dead and I guess fired my CPU and or Motherboard
Here is a link to the kit I'm speaking of
https://www.xs-pc.com/rasa-kits/rasa-750-rx240-watercooling-kit
Its been quite a while since I messed around with building systems..sorta out of touch with newer things
If pump is all I need can someone point me in the right direction
Thanks

I bought the Rasa 750 Rx240 kit years ago, and replaced the pump couple of times
Seems like the pump is hard to find now, my question the Rad and Cpu block should be fine?
My pump went dead and I guess fired my CPU and or Motherboard
Here is a link to the kit I'm speaking of
https://www.xs-pc.com/rasa-kits/rasa-750-rx240-watercooling-kit
Its been quite a while since I messed around with building systems..sorta out of touch with newer things
If pump is all I need can someone point me in the right direction
Thanks

You're going to need a pump/reservoir combo. The most common and reliable are d5 and ddc pumps with whatever res you prefer or will fit in your case. They are very easy to find. Heres a link to a solid xspc offering to give you an idea of what to look for.
https://www.xs-pc.com/water-pumps/d5-photon-170-pump-reservoir-combo-v3

Your block will need to be upgraded if you plan on going with a modern cpu as well. Your current block is dated and doesn't support anything beyond am3 altho you may be able to get it to work with an am4 mb.
In summary, your rad is still solid. There's no reason not to reuse it but everything else, other than maybe your fittings and clamps (depending on condition, any corrosion, rust etc.toss em) will have to be upgraded. You may as well upgrade the fans if your building a new rig. To something with a high cfm low noise ratio that are pwm. Simply to give you the ability to control them via your mb.
GL!

Reactions: Dan_D
like this
Well said. Expanding on the above, older CPU blocks aren't designed for the geometry and size of modern heat spreaders. This is more of a problem with CPU's like Alder Lake-S than it is with AMD's Ryzen's given they are more rectangular than most CPU's.

Thanks guys, I found a issue on the Asus z97 I guess I dropped the CPU while removing once the pump died ...Many bent pins on the board
the CPU and ram still may be good but no way to test it...CPU I5-4670 ram is 32gb of EVGA...I may offer the setup and let someone test who has
a motherboard...If good CPU and ram should be worth something......maybe
thanks again

Thanks guys, I found a issue on the Asus z97 I guess I dropped the CPU while removing once the pump died ...Many bent pins on the board
the CPU and ram still may be good but no way to test it...CPU I5-4670 ram is 32gb of EVGA...I may offer the setup and let someone test who has
a motherboard...If good CPU and ram should be worth something......maybe
thanks again
You should be able to sell the mb pretty easily. There are plenty of people out there that will buy it and repair it. If its no too bad you may be able to fix it yourself? Your cpu and ram will sell no problem as well. The memory is more than likely fine. The cpu should be tested tho. Just do an ebay search for your parts to get an idea of prices.

Back