Public IP for port and other access tests?

EnthusiastXYZ

Limp Gawd
Let's say I want to test outbound WAN port blocks and VPN Passthrough settings of my router NAT that has very poor logging capabilities (and no VPN Passthrough settings...). Is there a public IP or a site/server on which all ports are open and/or accessible for (lawful) testing purposes?

Is there a paid service that can run a thorough one-time port scan or a diagnostics test and/or a penetration test on my public IP and then provide me with the results?

NMap or solarwinds.

VPN Passthrough would still require the ports to be forwarded to a VPN appliance. We use this configuration for Windows Server SSTP for example.

And checking open firewall ports is not a pentest. If a port is open and forwarded there is nothing to penetrate in terms of the firewall.

The resilience comes from ensuring the LAN destination is patched, secure, and preferably with intrusion prevention at network edge as an additional failsafe.

I'm a bit confused by the stated request to test outbound WAN port blocks with an external service though. Surely you mean inbound?

Most firewalls will allow outbound traffic by default.

Back