PSA: Amazon cash back actually can be CASH back

jfreund

[H]ard|Gawd
No, this is not an ad for Amazon or Chase.

I've had the Amazon Cash Back card for a while, that gives you 5% back when used on Amazon. It's always shown up as Amazon credit. I was poking around my account on Chase today and found that you can actually deposit your cash back balance into your bank account. You can also have it credited to your card. I've often wished I could use the cash back on other sites; this essentially makes that happen.

I was pretty slow to figure this out, so I wanted to share if others didn't know. This seemed to be the most applicable place on the forum.

I don't think I've actually encountered a credit card that wouldn't let you take it as cash back. Granted my US Bank Visa is trying to make it more difficult by requiring you to enter your bank account info for them to deposit the cash even though you access it through your online banking account.

But yes, it is always better to get the cash back and use it to pay your credit card bill instead of applying it directly to your balance. I've tried to explain that to friends and they just shrug and do it anyway.

There are cards that don't allow cash back as statement credit, or do so at a worse value than other options. For example, with MR, amex's currency (from DOC), most people will not be able to get 1c per point as cashback. So it's not a given. There are other cases where you can redeem as 1c as cashback but can actually get extra value redeeming for gift cards - for example, Discover will sometimes have Nike GC on sale - redeem $80 worth of cashback for $100 in Nike GC.

Here are the available methods of cashing out Membership Rewards points into cold cash:

• 1.1 cents per point with the Schwab Platinum card
  • 1 cent per point with Morgan Stanley Platinum card
  • New: 1 cent per point via the business checking account for Business Platinum cardholders, details below
  • 1 cent per point when redeemed to purchase select gift card brands
  • .85 cents per point when redeemed to purchase most of the better gift card brands
  • New: .8 cents per point via the business checking account, details below
  • .8 cents per point via the personal American Express checking account
  • .7 cents per point on Amazon or Paypal
  • .6 cents per points when cashing out to offset your purchases

But obviously a bit off topic. In this case, 100% of the time you should redeem from the chase account as cash direct to bank account.

Scamazon can keep it since their employees steal customer's items before they leave packages in their Hub Lockers and have you chase your tail trying to get your money back claim the package was "delivered"!
FUCK YOU AMAZON!

Scamazon can keep it since their employees steal customer's items before they leave packages in their Hub Lockers and have you chase your tail trying to get your money back claim the package was "delivered"!
FUCK YOU AMAZON!
You mad bro? I'm not saying one off's don't happen but I hope Amazon is paying for your therapy.

All jokes aside, this didnt happen more than once right?

You mad bro? I'm not saying one off's don't happen but I hope Amazon is paying for your therapy.

All jokes aside, this didnt happen more than once right?
Nope, 1st time, been shopping online for about 25 years, thousands of dollars spent.
When you have a market place, customers would expect their employees to be trusted, delivering our packages instead of stealing from them and leaving an empty phone box in a resealed package. This is the whole point of having Hub Lockers so porch pirates don't steals from your front door.

Makes you wonder if scAmazon CS even bother to investigate since it was late night when I talked to them. They said they were going to refund me but instead I get a email 30 minutes later saying they weren't because the "package was delivered"......and to file a police report.

Did you file a police report?
You should do that, and then reopen the case with Amazon CS. Asking you to file a police report is a very standard step when the cost of the lost goods is quite high. They want you on record under the penalty of perjury before they will consider refunding you, especially if you haven't presented any evidence besides saying the good wasn't in there.

Did you file a police report?
You should do that, and then reopen the case with Amazon CS. Asking you to file a police report is a very standard step when the cost of the lost goods is quite high. They want you on record under the penalty of perjury before they will consider refunding you, especially if you haven't presented any evidence besides saying the good wasn't in there.
Still waiting for the report, filed it about a month ago. They changed it to "lost property" after I asked and filed it as package theft/porch pirate since it wasn't delivered to a home address.
I'm not sure if the Hub Lockers are under video watch since these were located outside the building. Took a couple of pics of the package that clearly shows the original Amazon tape cut and resealed with another shorter piece of Amazon tape.
If scAmazon refuse to refund me then I'll see if our local TV station consumer investigator will take it up or see if my AmEx BlueBird card has any form of protection.

FUCK YOU AMAZON!

wow you really don't know how amazon operates do you? it is literally impossible for an amazon employee to steal an item from a package in a warehouse. the moment that package leaves the warehouse there is zero contact by an amazon employee until it arrives at another amazon facility. all the trucks are contracted to the lowest bidder, all the last mile is either handled by USPS or contracted delivery services to the lowest bidder where most of them hire people that can't get jobs anywhere else since they can't pay them more than minimum wage just so the service provider can break even. Hub lockers are contracted by the stores they're operated in and are required to be under surveillance. but the way the contracts are written Amazon can't be held responsible for anything that happens once a contract company takes possession of said package so put your Amazon pitchfork away and actually learn how they operate first. considering the way you're acting I'm not at all surprised why amazon is ignoring you since 99% of the time they would of just wrote it off on insurance and shipped you another one.

wow you really don't know how amazon operates do you? it is literally impossible for an amazon employee to steal an item from a package in a warehouse. the moment that package leaves the warehouse there is zero contact by an amazon employee until it arrives at another amazon facility. all the trucks are contracted to the lowest bidder, all the last mile is either handled by USPS or contracted delivery services to the lowest bidder where most of them hire people that can't get jobs anywhere else since they can't pay them more than minimum wage just so the service provider can break even. Hub lockers are contracted by the stores they're operated in and are required to be under surveillance. but the way the contracts are written Amazon can't be held responsible for anything that happens once a contract company takes possession of said package so put your Amazon pitchfork away and actually learn how they operate first. considering the way you're acting I'm not at all surprised why amazon is ignoring you since 99% of the time they would of just wrote it off on insurance and shipped you another one.
Apparently you don't know how I talked to Amazon CS and the seller, unless by chance you're claiming to be some type of mind reader, or are you just assuming I blew up at them based on my post? Being a hardcore skeptic, I say it's the latter. Now, ACS said they were going to issue me a full refund when I contacted them, then backpedaled later. The seller said it was Amazon fulfilled order and it was Amazon's problem after I let them know I received a empty phone box in a resealed package. As far as the package being delivered, it was indeed delivered by Amazon. Cameras? I guess this is a perfect world and they'll capture everything, no way employees know how to get around the all watching eye ......🙄 Would be interesting tho if someone hacks their cameras and post their employees peeing in bottles because they can't afford to use the restrooms.
People tend to get pissy about companies when things don't go as plan and here in retail, we have a saying. Customers that have a good experience with a retailer, only 15% of them will let others know about it while customers that don't, have 70% passing on their experience to others. Now me being in retail for more than 25 years, I know how to treat both retailers and customers, I'm both those 15 and 70 percenters. There's going to a ton of people out there, in the the real world, in the same boat as I who work hard for their money, saving it up to buy things. When you have someone say they're going to make it right then turn around and yank your dick, they deserve a trashing whenever they're mentioned.

Apparently you don't know how I talked to Amazon CS and the seller, unless by chance you're claiming to be some type of mind reader, or are you just assuming I blew up at them based on my post? Being a hardcore skeptic, I say it's the latter. Now, ACS said they were going to issue me a full refund when I contacted them, then backpedaled later. The seller said it was Amazon fulfilled order and it was Amazon's problem after I let them know I received a empty phone box in a resealed package. As far as the package being delivered, it was indeed delivered by Amazon. Cameras? I guess this is a perfect world and they'll capture everything, no way employees know how to get around the all watching eye ......🙄 Would be interesting tho if someone hacks their cameras and post their employees peeing in bottles because they can't afford to use the restrooms.
People tend to get pissy about companies when things don't go as plan and here in retail, we have a saying. Customers that have a good experience with a retailer, only 15% of them will let others know about it while customers that don't, have 70% passing on their experience to others. Now me being in retail for more than 25 years, I know how to treat both retailers and customers, I'm both those 15 and 70 percenters. There's going to a ton of people out there, in the the real world, in the same boat as I who work hard for their money, saving it up to buy things. When you have someone say they're going to make it right then turn around and yank your dick, they deserve a trashing whenever they're mentioned.

Serious question, do you think hot deals threads are the place for you to air your grievances against retailers? You have derailed the thread entirely.

You had a package stolen, it happens... Grow the fuck up.

Back