ProSiphon Elite Results?

dpriest

Limp Gawd
I'm wondering if anyone has their hands on the ProSiphon Elite and has any benchmarks. From what I've seen, it out performed the NH U14S TR4 and the Thermalright Silver Arrow by a few degrees. I have used both with my 1950X and found the Silver Arrow to shave off a couple degrees compared to the U14S.

cool. im sure a few here will be interested. thing better be decent for that price!!

I've had one for 2 weeks.
Tested it. Performed worse than my NH-D15 and 19C worse than my Eisbaer Extreme 280 Black (admittedly that has 2x 3000 RPM 140mm Noctua industrial fans on it), and I don't think swapping two remaining 120mm Noctua industrial fans on it would make it match a NH-D15, so back in the box it went. Might be good on Xeons/HEDT or Threadrippers, though....

Tested it. Performed worse than my NH-D15 and 19C worse than my Eisbaer Extreme 280 Black (admittedly that has 2x 3000 RPM 140mm Noctua industrial fans on it), and I don't think swapping two remaining 120mm Noctua industrial fans on it would make it match a NH-D15, so back in the box it went. Might be good on Xeons/HEDT or Threadrippers, though....
and you didnt share that?!

and you didnt share that?!

I don't browse anything except for hot deals usually. I didn't see this forum post until today.
And I shared my results on Linustechtips cooling section after the first day.

I didn't figure I needed to share my results because they were identical to what Linus got when he tested the retail Prosiphon himself...a few C worse than the NH-D15 on a 10900k (or 9900K I forgot).
So I didn't feel there was any need to even bother. I also tested on a NDA platform so I wouldn't even be able to give you temps anyway.

The ProSiphon is not meant for Intel chips. This cooler was designed to perform well with Threadrippers specifically because of the large die area plus the hotter the processor runs, the better this cooler performs. This is the achilles tendon of this company. They are narrowing their market significantly. Look at this video...

The ProSiphon is not meant for Intel chips. This cooler was designed to perform well with Threadrippers specifically because of the large die area plus the hotter the processor runs, the better this cooler performs. This is the achilles tendon of this company. They are narrowing their market significantly. Look at this video...

I saw that long ago. Didn't I say that in my reply?

I don't know if they are doing it intentionally. I'm not an engineer, nor do I have access to "numbers" but afaik they are having a tough time trying to scale the tech down do work with our puny desktop CPU's. Heat pipes are still pretty good for that.

After 7 months since I installed the ProSiphon Elite, I have been able to push my Threadripper 1950X further than I ever thought I could. The numbers speak for themselves and what a performance increase I have been able to get. It took some tinkering with the voltages to get a stable overclock at 4.1GHz under constant load. I had to dial up the voltage to 1.43125V. I am encoding 4K MKV files at very high settings which taxes all cores of the processor around 100%, running for days constantly. Outputting an average of 340 watts with a temperature hovering around 84C isn't bad. By contrast, when I was cooling with the Noctua NH-U14S or the Silver Arrow TR4 I wasn't able to get more than a 3.8GHz stable overclock pushing no more than around 1.27V. Water cooling was never appealing to me but from what I've read, others are able to cool the Threadripper similarly to custom water loops with the ProSiphon.
Capture 2.jpg
Capture.PNG

Yeah looks like the consensus is coming out pretty clear on this; if you aren't going to dump at least ~300W into it, don't bother with this cooler as you can get better results for much cheaper with any of the usual big air contenders. If you *do* happen be pushing that much with a beefy HEDT chip though, it's actually a damn decent performer and might be worth a purchase if you for some reason don't want a big AIO, a full blown loop, and if it'll fit your build.

Using this cooler on my 3970X, and averaging low 30's temperatures most of the time usually. I did replace the original fans with better ones though.

Using this cooler on my 3970X, and averaging low 30's temperatures most of the time usually. I did replace the original fans with better ones though.
What fans did you use to replace your fans on the Prosiphon Cooler?

I used the Corsair ML fans, which at the time i built the system were among the best. There's better out there atm now, but happy with what i got so feel no need to change.

I used the Corsair ML fans, which at the time i built the system were among the best. There's better out there atm now, but happy with what i got so feel no need to change.
What fans are out there now in your opinion that are better than the ML fans?

Ice Giant was blowing out Prosiphon Elites for $129.99 through December 16th. Did anyone get one?

Back