Programs to wipe out all things Nvidia?

jordan12

[H]F Junkie
is there a program out there that you guys like that will scan and remove all traces of an Nvidia driver and all residuals?

Occasions when I use DDU:
  • Installing a new video card.
  • Have not updated driver in at least half a year.

Yes, but neither are generally necessary.
Even still, it’s nice to have a tool like this to isolate issues.

It’s not really necessary for AMD anymore though since the AMD installer does what DDU does automatically now. It will delete all software and drivers, restart, and then install from scratch. I wish NVIDIA did that automatically as well.

Even still, it’s nice to have a tool like this to isolate issues.

It’s not really necessary for AMD anymore though since the AMD installer does what DDU does automatically now. It will delete all software and drivers, restart, and then install from scratch. I wish NVIDIA did that automatically as well.
Be sure to check out NV clean install.

When I was having some issues with audio, Nvidia actually sent me a link to their own removal tool that purged some additional things that DDU didn't even catch. Mainly on the HDMI audio end of things. I don't see any links to it after 10 seconds of Googling, but it is/was called "Nvidia Cleanup Tool."

I've have had more problems with Nvidia or AMD cards when updating the card to a new architecture from the same GPU manufacturer making DDU prudent to use. Have two machines with a mix of Nvidia and AMD cards with zero issues with the drivers. But as soon as I change out a Nvidia card with another Nvidia card or AMD with AMD with different GPU generations -> all sorts of hell happens.

Had to use DDU to make performance profiles and metrics available again after accidental minimal install of radeon driver. I tried to rerun installer after changing to full install and was warned of possible issues caused by my laziness but foolishly proceeded. DDU saved the day.

My old Nvidia card was so old that the last drivers that would install were over a year old, possibly a lot more. So even though I upgraded to a 3000 series card, I still ran DDU.

I've have had more problems with Nvidia or AMD cards when updating the card to a new architecture from the same GPU manufacturer making DDU prudent to use. Have two machines with a mix of Nvidia and AMD cards with zero issues with the drivers. But as soon as I change out a Nvidia card with another Nvidia card or AMD with AMD with different GPU generations -> all sorts of hell happens.
I clean the drivers when changing out video cards, regardless.

My old Nvidia card was so old that the last drivers that would install were over a year old, possibly a lot more. So even though I upgraded to a 3000 series card, I still ran DDU.
Yeah it really doesn't matter much unless you are trying to play new releases. I typically update drivers every 3-4 months, has worked well for me.

Back