Problem 4000 mhz

Sepe

n00b
Hello, I am fossil, a short time ago I went to buy the new G.skill F4-4000C18Q128GTRZ memory, I have tried many hours for nothing Bios XMP profile, black screen and also reduce 3800 mhz, no, I do not understand QVL at all. can you help me to solve.

The Asus Extreme Encore x299 and Core i9 10980xe motherboard

Attachments

• ima01.jpg
    ima01.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 0
  • ima02.jpg
    ima02.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 0
  • ima03.jpg
    ima03.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ima04.jpg
    ima04.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 0
  • ima05.jpg
    ima05.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 0
  • ima06.jpg
    ima06.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 0
  • ima07.jpg
    ima07.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 0
QVL is a joke. I'm not even sure your memory was released at the time the board was and the QVL hasn't been updated since Oct'19, so you couldn't reasonably expect it to be on there.

A quick check of the QVL indicates that the 64GB kit of that memory is OK (single sided), but you're running the 128GB kit (I'm guessing double sided). What happens when you run with less than 4 sticks? Try booting with 2? Maybe one of them is bad.

Last edited:
Pushing 128Gb to 4000 Mhz is also going to push the cpu memory controller to the limit, it just may not be able to do that high of a speed. Just because you can buy it, doesnt mean your cpu or board can handle that speed.

Check if there is any BIOS update? Some boards required updates to run 4x 32gb. That said pretty sure your board supports 256.

Reset bios to default then boot up system and note XMP profile timings and voltage using cpu-z for manually setting them all except Mhz set to 2933 Mhz. Reboot if successful restart system and reenter bios to save those settings as OC profile #1. From there you can easily keep trying for faster Mhz until it no longer boots to system and that will be as fast as it can be.

I have tried many times bios is useless, it is not compatible with the Asus Extreme VI Encore board, I will contact to return and change 128GB 3600 mhz more stable.

Make sure you are running the sticks in the slots suggested by the MB manual.

That MB is in the G.Skill QVL for your RAM https://www.gskill.com/qvl/165/166/1601284727/F4-4000C18Q-128GTZR-Qvl
So the RAM is made to work with the MB but depending on the IMC quality you may need to give a little more V to help make it stable if the suggestions above don't help.
I have spoken to a memory technician if there is a problem with a hynix chip with x299. if for better Samsung B-die comptible correct.
chip to hynix for AMD Ryzen.

b die is the best chip for everything but it is lower density than the kit you purchased and would be 4x16GB max not 4x32GB.
The kit you have is made to work with your MB and should be compatible so you need to follow the suggestions made by people above or you could just try your luck with a slower kit if you prefer to take the easy path.

Back