primchill rad clean ...just repackaged citric acid?

cdoublejj

Gawd
anyone figured out if primochill rad clean is just repackaged citric acid or some kind of concentrate version or other chemical?

All you need is the msds from the company that makes the product. If they are asked for it they have to provide it.. At least here in the US. Email primochill and they will be more than happy to provide you the information (it's the law). ;)

I am glad that you were able to get a copy of that! Now reading through the MSDS it shows that it is an "acid" based on the ph of 2.2 on the scale...

Below is a list of common acids and their ph's. Citric acid and Tartaric acid show up on that list with a ph of 2.2

AceticN2.4
Acetic0.1 N2.9
Acetic0.01 N3.4
Alum0.1 N3.2
Arsenioussaturated5.0
Benzoic0.1 N3.0
Boric0.1 N5.2
Carbonicsaturated3.8
Citric0.1 N2.2
Formic0.1 N2.3
HydrochloricN0.1
Hydrochloric0.1 N1.1
Hydrochloric0.01 N2.0
Hydrocyanic0.1 N5.1
Hydrogen sulfide0.1 N4.1
Lactic0.1 N2.4
Lemon Juice 2
Malic0.1 N2.2
Nitric0.1N1.0
Orthophosphoric0.1 N1.5
Oxalic0.1 N1.3
Salicylicsaturated2.4
Succinic0.1N2.7
SulfuricN0.3
Sulfuric0.1 N1.2
Sulfuric0.01 N2.1
Sulfurous0.1 N1.5
Stomach Acid 1
Tartaric0.1 N2.2
Trichloracetic0.1N1.2
Vinegar 3

Another acid that is used in a similar product "Mahems Blitz" is phosphoric acid which has a standard ph of about 2.3. Here are the instructions Mayhems Blitz Instructions.

That being said I have used both products and have had similar results with either product. They both do a damned fine job of pre cleaning a loop to prep it for use.

Both products are dollar for dollar alike. IMO you cant go wrong. Give one or the other a go and if the product does not perform get the other one and give it a go.

Worry less and get the loop cleaned and get to gaming and overclocking

Ive heard such good luck with primochill rad clean that I bought a 2lb bag of citric acid for $14 I've bought enough kits that I have a few funnels and plugs collected.

FYI: Bought two boxes of Primochill Flex LRT 3/4 OD x 1/2 ID tubing for my new loop and both boxes come with a bottle of SYSPREP & UTOPIA. Enough to treat a gallon of water.

Back